Home

Pitch count way too high for me with quick count

This is a discussion on Pitch count way too high for me with quick count within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2024, 10:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Pitch count way too high for me with quick count

I like to use quick count bc it gets me through more games obviously. But I'm getting 20-25 pitches per inning on hall of fame. I mean I get 12+ pitch at bats sometimes, it's frustrating. Is there any way to avoid this? And most of the time getting a pitcher through 6 innings almost feels like a complete game bc it rarely happens.

But at the same time I'm worried I'm going to lose the competitiveness if I go below hall of fame bc I'm still winning games and etc. (not all of them obviously, but I like the challenge where I can win but it's not a given.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2024, 10:56 AM   #2
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Re: Pitch count way too high for me with quick count

Two years ago pitch count worked fine. Last year it got screwed up. You could see 100 pitches in 5 innings. I couldn’t find a solution for it and just stopped using it it was so out of line. I believe I pitched on HOF.
Old 04-20-2024, 12:02 PM   #3
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Two years ago pitch count worked fine. Last year it got screwed up. You could see 100 pitches in 5 innings. I couldn’t find a solution for it and just stopped using it it was so out of line. I believe I pitched on HOF.
Not really that far off for most pitchers, save for aces. They showed it during a Mets broadcast. For 2023 for all starting pitchers in MLB combined averaged 5.1 innings per start.
Old 04-20-2024, 12:20 PM   #4
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
Not really that far off for most pitchers, save for aces. They showed it during a Mets broadcast. For 2023 for all starting pitchers in MLB combined averaged 5.1 innings per start.
I understand the innings pitched, but when I used pitch count it was normal for it to be at almost 100 pitches. Isn’t the avg. pitches per inning about 15? that would put it normally in the 76 pitches range.

I even tried it out again a week or so ago. My SP finished 5 full innings with, I believe, was 101 pitches.
Old 04-20-2024, 12:52 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
I understand the innings pitched, but when I used pitch count it was normal for it to be at almost 100 pitches. Isn’t the avg. pitches per inning about 15? that would put it normally in the 76 pitches range.

I even tried it out again a week or so ago. My SP finished 5 full innings with, I believe, was 101 pitches.
Yeah if I'm pitching a really good game I could enter the 6th with about 90 something pitches and get through the inning. But most games I'm lucky to get through 5 even on a good night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2024, 02:57 PM   #6
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

If using quick counts you need to raise SP stamina up to 6 and sadly just ignore pitch count lol. They used to subtract one pitch each at bat until last year. I had a no hitter through 7 innings with Ohtani on quick counts. Was a littler over 100 pitches, but low energy. Quick counts makes pitching a little more challenging imo.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 04-20-2024, 03:19 PM   #7
Pro

zukes's Arena

OVR: 7

I turn stamina up to 9 for starters on quick counts. The pitch counts are wonky but if you’re throwing a gem, you can get to the 8th or 9th before your starter gets tired. Then it’s risk reward of you try for the CG.

Usually I can get 6 or maybe 7 innings if the starter is doing well, but I’m still having to pull starters in the 4th or 5th if they’re struggling as they’ll get tired then too.
Old 04-20-2024, 03:26 PM   #8
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Quote:

I actually hadn’t played 24 yet but this morning I bought it. I’ve played one game. The biggest issue I saw after one game with being to not get to sixth or seventh with SP is the number of fouls. To me the number of fouls was insane.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »