Home

Franchise guys who like to build history/play seasons quickly - Ideas needed !

This is a discussion on Franchise guys who like to build history/play seasons quickly - Ideas needed ! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2024, 05:04 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Franchise guys who like to build history/play seasons quickly - Ideas needed !

I either do pitching only and simulate all the htting or I will do hitting only and simulate the pitching. I also use quick counts. Takes about 15 min per game.
Old 03-30-2024, 05:38 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Franchise guys who like to build history/play seasons quickly - Ideas needed !

Lots of good suggestions, thanks.

I actually haven't tried custom game entry as I’m a quick counts player , but some of the replies here are making me consider it.

However if I use different sliders for playing versus simming.. am I basically going to be out of luck and just have to manually adjust sliders in game if I choose to jump into a custom entry after I’ve been simming ?

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think there’s a way to load a new slider set from anywhere outside of the main franchise menus ?
Old 04-07-2024, 04:41 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Bumping my own thread to say I ultimately decided to simply go with the flow … as opposed to coming up with an exact notion of how many games to play versus sim.

Only real rules I’m following are to try to play out at least one away game in each series as I’ve got 30 great custom parks I want to see, and also to play at least one game in each series against a division rival, so I start to get familiar with the teams in my division.

Other than that I’ll probably simply sim or play as I see fit.. with likely more playing if I’m in it down the stretch and more simming to get to offseason if I’m not. This should hopefully allow me to get through a season in maybe a couple weeks of real life play.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:16 PM   #20
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

OVR: 0

I didn't want to start a new thread so thought I'd put the setup I decided to go with.

Play every fifth game that way I'll rotate through the starting pitchers about 6 times.
Have critical moments and player highlights moments on. I'll enter as early as the 6th inning for the team moments and 7th for players. Also will play 10 MiLB games during the season.

Think that will put me at 50 to 55 full games played. 40 being actual full games and the other 10-15 from adding up all the innings from moments feature. Should be able to get at least 3 or 4 seasons out of '24s life cycle that way.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-25-2024, 09:45 AM   #21
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
Sim two for every one you play. That makes for essentially a 54 game season. Historically 99% of teams win at least 54, 99% of teams lose at least 54. What matters most is how you perform in that third 54. 54 games is more than plenty to make your mark on your team. Go 44-10, you should still be standing in October. Go 10-44, back to the off-season drawing board to find a better plan. Go 34-20, might be good enough to make the postseason, might not.
I'm late to the party as well, but this is essentially what I do. I'd love to play all 162, but that is no longer possible if I want to get multiple seasons in.

In doing the "54 Game" style, you get a good balance of feeling like you're in control of your team's destiny with keeping things fresh. I also strictly quick manage every third season to further move the story along. I was loving my MLB 22 Franchise so much that I passed on MLB 23. I was able to complete 11 seasons (8 played, 3 quick managed). I was able to see draft picks progress as prospects and make the bigs, see prospects that I (foolishly) traded away become quality players, and of course see the players that I was high on fail to live up to the hype.

For MLB 24, I'm starting some a little bit different. As St. Louis, here's what I'm doing:

vs NL Central Opponents
-- One Full Game Play
-- Remaining Games, Can Enter After 6th Inning

vs Other NL Opponents
-- One Game, Can Enter After 3rd Inning

vs Kansas City Royals
-- Can Enter All Games After 6th Inning

vs Interleague (AL) Opponents
-- One Full Game Quick Manage

** Excludes Opening Day / Home Opener **
-----

I figure this will give me roughly 65 full games worth of innings play, if I enter as soon as the guidelines allow. I can influence (basically) every game to a certain degree with emphasis put on League and Division opponents. Naturally, if I see a game as out of reach or just have no interest in entering then I might be able to play even less than the normal "54 Game" style.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2024, 12:50 PM   #22
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8

Last year I would play 3 full games each month and sim the remaining games. This year I have switched to only playing 1 full game a month, but then player-locking on each guy in my starting lineup for a full game each, and then player-locking on one starting pitcher for a full start. I get to see more of the opposing teams by doing the new version.
Old 05-07-2024, 11:46 PM   #23
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Agreed on the limitations, they just don’t bother me. I love that I can play a game in a short period of time but still get a feel for the game flow and have an impact on the outcome.

My system right now is to pick one game in a series to play the full game and use the custom entry feature for the others. I’m having as much fun with my O’s franchise playing this way as I’ve ever had.
Exactly what I’m going to do once I finish Spring Training and get to regular season. Plus I’ll play any special games like Jackie Robinson Day, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »