Home

Franchise guys who like to build history/play seasons quickly - Ideas needed !

This is a discussion on Franchise guys who like to build history/play seasons quickly - Ideas needed ! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2024, 12:00 PM   #9
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Franchise guys who like to build history/play seasons quickly - Ideas needed !

The new custom game entry feature has been great for me.
Old 03-29-2024, 12:56 PM   #10
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Franchise guys who like to build history/play seasons quickly - Ideas needed !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
Play 1, quick manage 5 or 10. With quick manage, each game lasts 5-10 minutes and you feel involved in all of the games because you are seeing everything unfold.

As far as other responsibilities, I manually do everything that way I feel in control of the roster from MLB all the way down the farm system.
This is what I've done the last few years. Quick manage has its issues, but I feel like it's necessary to control the bullpen usage issues the game has been plagued with for so long

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app

Watch me play video games
Old 03-29-2024, 06:02 PM   #11
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Sim two for every one you play. That makes for essentially a 54 game season. Historically 99% of teams win at least 54, 99% of teams lose at least 54. What matters most is how you perform in that third 54. 54 games is more than plenty to make your mark on your team. Go 44-10, you should still be standing in October. Go 10-44, back to the off-season drawing board to find a better plan. Go 34-20, might be good enough to make the postseason, might not.
#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2024, 07:47 PM   #12
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

I used to always do the play 1 sim 5 rule, but in recent years I have been changing to get deeper into seasons.

I’ve been using a play 1, sim 6 base with a little catch. Most of my “played games” I’m only batting. I’ll quick manage when I’m in the field. Let’s me control the bullpen and such.

Granted, the last edition I was playing was ‘20, and I have ALWAYS hated the classic pitching meter. Once I am set up this year, I might pitch more often.
Old 03-29-2024, 07:59 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I play the first inning, sim 2-5 and play the rest. It gives me an inning or two with the starter and I still get to manage the bullpen
Old 03-29-2024, 08:31 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
The new custom game entry feature has been great for me.
Yup. Feature is made specifically for the style of play being described in this thread.

I would say the only limitations with the feature would be not being able to access the team select or pregame options screens, which include uniform selection, quick counts, weather (random if not chosen by user), and presentation theme style (can still switch between broadcast, hybrid and fast play in-game). If none of those concern you, it might be worth giving the custom game entry a try.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2024, 08:58 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I would say the only limitations with the feature would be not being able to access the team select or pregame options screens, which include uniform selection, quick counts, weather (random if not chosen by user), and presentation theme style (can still switch between broadcast, hybrid and fast play in-game).
I’m particular about uniforms so that’s always bothered me about playing critical situations and MTO. I’ve never understood why you can access all pre game options with quick manage, some in RTTS, and none in situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2024, 11:43 AM   #16
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Yup. Feature is made specifically for the style of play being described in this thread.

I would say the only limitations with the feature would be not being able to access the team select or pregame options screens, which include uniform selection, quick counts, weather (random if not chosen by user), and presentation theme style (can still switch between broadcast, hybrid and fast play in-game). If none of those concern you, it might be worth giving the custom game entry a try.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
Agreed on the limitations, they just don’t bother me. I love that I can play a game in a short period of time but still get a feel for the game flow and have an impact on the outcome.

My system right now is to pick one game in a series to play the full game and use the custom entry feature for the others. I’m having as much fun with my O’s franchise playing this way as I’ve ever had.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »