Home

MLB The Show 24 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-05-2024, 10:33 AM   #409
Did I do that???

mrCPUgeek's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 24 Impressions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gamer
I just started using auto field with 23. Can't imagine ever going back now. Opens up so many animations, and the players play to their ratings without my interference.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

The same. I used auto fielding and running years ago but abandoned it because I felt like I didn’t have enough control. I did do auto fielding though.

Last year, my son told me that you can override the auto throwing and running. (Last time I tried, probably 2015 or earlier, you could not). So I’ve went back to it and it has been wonderful. Can’t imagine going back either.

I really like letting the players ability and not my ability tell the outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2024, 10:36 AM   #410
Rookie

The Gamer's Arena

OVR: 5

Yep. Auto field, auto throw and auto run. Although my third base coach has been making some questionable send decisions that have me giving him the side eye. But that's Willie Harris of the Cubs in real life so I guess if it's in the game, it's in the game counts here too.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

SecondACR Vet

Follow me on Twitch

https://www.twitch.tv/bhoward1968

Follow me on X

BradHowardSr
Old 04-05-2024, 12:17 PM   #411
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I used to be an auto field guy, but I really enjoy the fielding these past few years and like the challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Me too.. I already use classic pitching and button hitting, so manual fielding, throwing and running helps to keep me involved in the game. Plus, the CPU makes some odd running choices at times when I used to have it on auto.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2024, 06:04 PM   #412
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by desouza7
Surprised that so many people use auto fielding. I always felt like I needed the challenge of managing the fielding and throwing, so I’m just surprised other people don’t feel the same way. Cool to see that we all play the game differently.
Trust me….you don’t want to see me auto field, lol. I do use manual throw tho.
Old 04-05-2024, 06:08 PM   #413
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Solid gameplay.

I actually started a game and the gameplay setting, for whatever reason, was on DYNAMIC/DYNAMIC so I decided to roll with that to see what it was all about. Man, it’s a little gem. If you’re struggling finding a comfort zone perhaps try it out. Six games into my franchise and quite happy with it.
Old 04-05-2024, 06:47 PM   #414
Rookie

Bgrd1080's Arena

OVR: 1

Nico Hoerner hit one over the wall and Evan Carter brought it back. Hoerner stops in between 2nd and 1st with hands on his head just shaking is head back and forth. Great reaction to a robbery of the most difficult degree.
Old 04-06-2024, 05:36 PM   #415
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka
i have S series, and not that it's much, but Jackson Holiday's hair moves. AT least on a replay of him cracking a triple it did.
I'm still not seeing it at all.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2024, 07:54 PM   #416
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
Solid gameplay.

I actually started a game and the gameplay setting, for whatever reason, was on DYNAMIC/DYNAMIC so I decided to roll with that to see what it was all about. Man, it’s a little gem. If you’re struggling finding a comfort zone perhaps try it out. Six games into my franchise and quite happy with it.
What does the progress bar say for Dynamic, if you don't mind me asking? I'd imagine it probably isn't on beginner if you're seeing such good games, so I'm guessing you picked a specific level for it the first time you started up the game.

To get the bar I'm talking about to display (if it's not already on) It's in settings > gameplay > display > Dynamic Difficulty updates. There's a few options for how often it displays there.

One suggestion I'll make is that if you really like where the gameplay is and don't want it to change at all from where it is, lower the "Dynamic Difficulty Sensitivity" slider to 0. This will lock whatever level you're currently playing in place (even the in-between "+" levels that are not normally selectable). Otherwise it will adjust that progress bar (and eventually the difficulty level if it goes to either extreme) based on how many total bases you're getting at the plate and giving up on the mound.

Glad it's playing so well for you. Sometimes the simplest solution is the best one

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »