Home

MLB The Show 24 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Impressions Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-16-2024, 06:26 PM   #145
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB The Show 24 impressions Thread

I don't know why, but this was just beautiful to me. And with all that I've played last year and previous years, I don't know that I've ever seen this hit style and animation play out together. So dang beautiful

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2024, 12:58 AM   #146
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Just finished the first 3 innings of the loading game, as I call it. Game looks very pretty and the hit variety seems much improved from 23. Used Simulation with default sliders, hit a 1 run shot with Seager in the first and got a couple hits, a HBP, and a sac fly to make it 3-0 after 3. Way too early to tell anything concrete but the hit variety just feels different after 3. Not happy they added advertisements to the uniforms but can't blame SCEA since they are just staying accurate to the league they're licensed to represent. Hoping the equipment allows for more customization as well, but will find out when the game finishes DL'ing. On the plus side, there is definitely a lot of it. Hoping to move my rosters to a modern game so this would be very, very cool if it plays/pans out with equipment.

Excited to dig into it more over the coming days, but it feels very nice. Defense and pitching felt tight and *knock on wood* I didn't notice any overwhelming strikeout issues that I felt hindered past versions. Also, the check swings feel great! That much I feel is for sure at this point, so I am very encouraged for a skeptic.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 03-17-2024, 01:18 AM   #147
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jada855
Coming from any version earlier than 21: Will seem like a good buy or just buy 23 at a discount.

Coming from 23 looking for a lot of legacy change and a huge jump: Save your money.

Xbox vs Ps5 Xbox has a slightly sharper image only noticable if you have been playing the game for multiple iterations.

Waiting on Next Gen Consoles Might be a good idea to come back to the series then. Same running animations for the last 5-10 years, Zero stadium lighting and atmosphere effects, do you guys remember when they tried to add fog lol what happened to it. Zero uniform physics updates, Zero lighting updates to player models. The graphics are not completely trash, they just look dated along with what ever animation limb rigs they are using.

Game Design Director did a good job over selling on stream! But hey thats what we get paid to do!

Thanks for this will stick with 23. Maybe around All Star break I’ll pick it up at half price. I only play franchise mode. I’d rather spend money on Helldivers 2 right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2024, 02:21 AM   #148
Pro

I just kind of accidentally cop the game smh lol

See yall Tuesday
Old 03-17-2024, 08:07 AM   #149
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Caved and bought the deluxe to play early with gamenpass

One postive and I’m not sure if it’s placebo
The grass it’s like the new lighting makes the grass more uniform and flat looking which is better than the last years patchy look

That said player faces ARE better for sure skin colors though look the same the eye are a big difference and look great during close ups and edit screens

Gameplay wise I like it pretty smooth

The back drops behind the catcher also look tobhave better textures and take the new lighting better

Winds look good too

Jeter mode is awesome

Wish mlb did an eras mode like 2k basketball does that’d be great

Hair physics are great too

The game needs three more things to have made this gen somewhat better than last and that’s better moving uniforms they need to look more natural

Then there’s the grass overhaul

And ins affecting the uniforms too

Overall it’s better than mlb 23 to me

But it’s not next gen feeling
Old 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM   #150
Rookie

OVR: 1

With a relatively small amount of early access play (DD and Storylines only so far), have noticed a couple of things:

- Pitch speeds seem slower than last season, although this may be my switching from PS4 to PS5 impacting my perceptions. I still think something is different, though, even with just a couple of months on the PS3 with MLBTS 23
- Gameplay XP definitely seems to be accruing more slowly
- Non-HR hits are definitely a major player now. Maybe it's just the lower-power of the early DD cards, but I'm noticing many more balls in play other than HRs

Finally, of course, the super white-bright menus and the horrific white script text on player stats are utterly horrible UI decisions. Gameplay seems good, though, it's just a matter of adjusting to speed/player capabilities and living with the visual pain from the whitewashed UI decisions.
Old 03-17-2024, 12:16 PM   #151
Rookie

smokines3's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 24 impressions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Oh the hair. The glorious hair. Adds so much realism.

I really like the whole aesthetic.i agree the menus are a bit tough to read. But the whole aesthetic is so cool I can get past it.

As a blue Jays guy this year's package is really appealing.

I like the new analog pitching meter and the button menu..

Gonna dig more into it.

Also it works real good with no lag issues on my Portal. This game is perfect for the portal as it doesn't require my constant attention. I think I will get a lot more out of this game this year.
Agreed. It's not nearly as bad as I anticipated. Animation additions are obvious, smooth and nice, and it's playing very smoothly on PS5. Smoother than '23 for sure, especially noticable when throwing the ball around the infield after an out. less frame drops in cut scenes (there were never a lot, but it's noticably smoother). The faces are a tangible improvement too, the lighting focus makes a big difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2024, 12:21 PM   #152
Rookie

Re: MLB The Show 24 impressions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokines3
Agreed. It's not nearly as bad as I anticipated. Animation additions are obvious, smooth and nice, and it's playing very smoothly on PS5. Smoother than '23 for sure, especially noticable when throwing the ball around the infield after an out. less frame drops in cut scenes (there were never a lot, but it's noticably smoother). The faces are a tangible improvement too, the lighting focus makes a big difference.

I'm noticing a lot of fps drop on PS5 during cut scenes, but I am used looking at high refresh gsync monitors all day on PC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »