Home

MLB The Show 24 Gameplay Improvements and Trailer Revealed

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 24 Gameplay Improvements and Trailer Revealed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-03-2024, 04:25 PM   #265
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: MLB The Show 24 Gameplay Improvements and Trailer Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
I’m really wary of some of these new rules. I can very easily see them being really bad, and causing several problems in the game.
I'm not a huge fan of the disengagement rule or pitch clock in real life, so you can probably imagine how I feel about them being in the game....

Same for the universal DH, though that ship has long since sailed. Definitely hope there are options like there is for that one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2024, 05:23 PM   #266
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I'm not a huge fan of the disengagement rule or pitch clock in real life, so you can probably imagine how I feel about them being in the game....

Same for the universal DH, though that ship has long since sailed. Definitely hope there are options like there is for that one.
I love the universal DH. I play with the extra inning runner turned off. Will most likely turn off the disengagement rule if it’s an option. I’m going to wait and see how the pitch clock works before I decide on that one.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 03-03-2024, 06:49 PM   #267
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Nobody said it was that simple. Stop with the strawman stuff. That's a very common theme I'm noticing from the crowd that cannot accept that the game is objectively behind the times.

"I'd rather they improve other areas of the game before graphics"

"I played X on the SNES, so the game looks fine to me"

"Gameplay matters way more than graphics"

And so on. Literally nobody that's complaining about graphics is saying they're more important than the gameplay or that the game is a massive failure because the game looks like a PS3 game still or whatever. So many strawman arguments continue to be made by a select group that fot whatever reason feels the need to defend the game.

I don't even know why this is a conversation that continues to be so polarizing here. It's not anything that's subjective at all. The gsme is behind the standard graphically by a decade at this point. It's just an objective fact that people are pointing out and questioning, yet some here are making it out to be that those complaining about graphics are calling the game trash or are saying graphics matter above all else.

Literally nobody is saying any of the things those that continue to defend the graphics are arguing against. Many of us accept that the gameplay is pretty good and does typically matter more than the graphics do. That does not excuse the lack of progress the graphics have made.

It is just crazy to me to see this specific board on these forums become this way. It's how the Madden boards used to be 5-10 years ago. If you critique the game you end up with a group of people trying to make you seem unreasonable. Why?

Also, the guy you're replying to literally does video game graphical work. I've also done it in the side for free and for payment, so we both know it's not as simple as saying it. I just wanted to address that strawman still as I found it a humorous attempt at trying to discredit the complaints. It's just a bit of irony you'd say it to the one guy here that legit does video game graphics, lol.

Don't take this reply as a personal attack on you. It's more me speaking in general. It's just frustrating to see this community devolve into one where people with legitimate critiques are constantly being met with so much backlash and are constantly made out to be unreasonable by a select group.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I don't think the folks that want graphical improvements are being unreasonable at all.

And yes speaking objectively it is a fact they are behind the other AAA sports titles graphically.

What I take offense to is when people (not saying you) say someone like myself who thinks the game is beautiful in motion and does not find a "problem" with the graphics goes scorched earth and says I am part of the problem.

No I am not. Stop blaming people who enjoy the game the problem. It's absurd.

Just keep directing your objections to the developer.....cause you know they make the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-03-2024, 06:54 PM   #268
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I don't think the folks that want graphical improvements are being unreasonable at all.

And yes speaking objectively it is a fact they are behind the other AAA sports titles graphically.

What I take offense to is when people (not saying you) say someone like myself who thinks the game is beautiful in motion and does not find a "problem" with the graphics goes scorched earth and says I am part of the problem.

No I am not. Stop blaming people who enjoy the game the problem. It's absurd.

Just keep directing your objections to the developer.....cause you know they make the game.

This is the point I was trying to make as well but I think you said it better.
Old 03-03-2024, 06:59 PM   #269
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:

Stop blaming people who enjoy the game the problem. It's absurd.

Hmmm… you may be on to something.
Old 03-03-2024, 07:15 PM   #270
Pro

IndianSummer's Arena

Quote:

Stop blaming people who enjoy the game the problem. It's absurd.

Amen brother. I’ve been told I am part of the problem and it’s ridiculous. I have been involved in some very large construction projects over the years. AT&T Stadium, power plants, high rises etc in DFW but all I know about a PS5 is how to turn it on and off. So yeah, I am not part of the problem.
Old 03-03-2024, 07:34 PM   #271
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianSummer
Amen brother. I’ve been told I am part of the problem and it’s ridiculous. I have been involved in some very large construction projects over the years. AT&T Stadium, power plants, high rises etc in DFW but all I know about a PS5 is how to turn it on and off. So yeah, I am not part of the problem.
I’m glad you confessed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2024, 07:42 PM   #272
Pro

IndianSummer's Arena

I guess my point is, we really don’t know what everyone does but I know we have some special people here that has done a lot of things others haven’t or can’t do. We have warriors that have served our country and did things most can’t fathom. Respect each other and grow up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »