Home

What do you need added to MLB 23 to purchase it?

This is a discussion on What do you need added to MLB 23 to purchase it? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-09-2023, 01:02 PM   #321
Rookie

Mysterious's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What do you need added to MLB 23 to purchase it?

I’m personally really torn what to do. I bought MLB 22 after not having played the franchise cents 2016 I believe… And I really have enjoyed playing 22 set since I got it even though I haven’t had an opportunity to play it as much as I would’ve liked. I originally bought it on the physical copy and then Ended up buying a digital copy because I have two PS fours in my house. One upstairs in my office and one downstairs in my living room and I am too damn lazy to bring the disk up and down. And I thought oh this is gonna be the last year on PS4. But clearly it doesn’t look like it’s going to be. So part of me wants to buy it thinking that maybe 23 will be the last year on PS4. And then I can stretch that out for a couple years.

I’m also torn what to do because I ended up playing my Rockies and doing a whole ton of trades and making a team that I actually enjoyed playing with but only got about 65 games into the season. I never seem to get much further than halfway. And I started my road to the show with myself as a pitcher and I really enjoy playing that into AAA.

So I’m not sure I’d personally love to see the ability to pull my franchise and road to the show player over to 23. Then I would probably buy it. And maybe start a second franchise that just started off of it. Or I might just be cheap and stay with 22 and continue to play it.

Other than a handful of rule changes, and they change the playoff system, which really isn’t that big of a deal to me there’s not really that much change. The Negro leagues players is a cool addition, but it’s not a make or break thing. It’s kind of like how I bought NBA 23 with the expectation of play all the Jordan scenarios and I haven’t played a single one yet despite being a huge Jordan fan. Simply been playing off-line franchise . Hard to decide hard to decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2023, 01:41 PM   #322
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I’ll buy due to the new schedule format, any other additions are a bonus. Hopefully they’ve done some work on the franchise budgets so the big spending teams aren’t over budget as soon as you start your franchise and you can’t make any mid season trades that add payroll
Old 02-09-2023, 01:58 PM   #323
Rookie

OVR: 3

I just keep hoping they sell me on something to be excited about the new version. So far it hasn't happened. The game has great gameplay but honestly I can go play The Show games from 10 years ago and get similar enjoyment.

Maybe it us that 2K just ruined it for me by giving us the awesome ERA mode because now I badly want this for The Show (amd all sports games).

But so far:

-Negro league. This sounds interesting actually but with only 8 authentic players I'm not sure what sort immersion they can give me in this mode that would draw me in.

-New rules and updated presentation. I expect this. To me not a huge deal

-Updated draft. This one has me intrigued but without year to year saves I only end up doing 1 draft a year anyway. But so far this is the highlight of news to me.

-25 new legends. Ok. But this is for DD really. NBA 2K just gave me 3 past generations of full rosters for all teams (for the most part, I know some guys missing). OTTP Baseball can give me full teams from 100+ years MLB history.

I'm not ripping on the game as I think gamrplay on The Show is awesome. I just want to be sold on something to raise my excitement for new game. As it stands I feel like I could plop in MLB 20, MLB 17, MLB 22 and be perfectly content. But I want that feeling of anticipation for the new game. Sell me on something!!! Lol
Old 02-09-2023, 02:17 PM   #324
Rookie

OVR: 5

It's on GamePass so nothing. But honestly the storyline mode would have been enough to purchase this year.

Then depending on how improved the presentation and draft/franchise mode is could have made it a day one purchase.

Of the major sports franchises, The Show is the only one still worth full price to me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-2023, 02:26 PM   #325
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
I’ll buy due to the new schedule format, any other additions are a bonus. Hopefully they’ve done some work on the franchise budgets so the big spending teams aren’t over budget as soon as you start your franchise and you can’t make any mid season trades that add payroll

That is what is going to hook me up as well. The new playoff format and schedule. Its really not anything new as they would never NOT include that but it will get them my money this time.
NHL: New York Rangers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2023, 06:26 PM   #326
Rookie

How about letting 3 friends play s three other friends instead of the bag of hammers that we randomly match up against. It's amazing that this is not a feature. If it were I know 10 other dudes from the friends list would buy it. Last I checked it was 2023, why isn't this an option
Old 02-10-2023, 07:25 AM   #327
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp1918
It's on GamePass so nothing. But honestly the storyline mode would have been enough to purchase this year.

Then depending on how improved the presentation and draft/franchise mode is could have made it a day one purchase.

Of the major sports franchises, The Show is the only one still worth full price to me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
1000000000%

NBA2K is very good, but Madden and NHL have become a mess.
NHL: New York Rangers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Old 02-10-2023, 08:25 AM   #328
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Unless they add back The Tribe and freedom in playoff mode I'll stick with MLB 20 like Armor as I only see things getting worse for offline games which is a shame I can enjoy this game with the full power of the ps5 . I think Allstar baseball did some cool interview videos in game with ex negro league players when we used to have 4 or 5 baseball games to choose from .... ah the good old days .

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »