Home

What do you need added to MLB 23 to purchase it?

This is a discussion on What do you need added to MLB 23 to purchase it? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-27-2023, 10:21 AM   #313
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: What do you need added to MLB 23 to purchase it?

Toxicity in our world crushes my soul, especially when it's directed toward The Show.

If a particular game does not meet my expectation or has disappointed me with its development, I don't take it personal, nor make it personal with the developers. I may participate in discussion, but never make it vitriol. If a person has a conflicting view, I use my collaboration skills to debate, but never attack the person. With the Show, sure I experience disappointment, but it also does so much more right and continues to do so year after year.

Being a gamer of an advanced age, I've been granted the privilege of experiencing all of my favorite games throughout their development, only the Show remains standing. Each year I play the Show a lot, and I mean a lot, probably more than a healthy human should, but it's what I do, I've done it for years, and it brings me great joy.

Each year I enjoy the enhancements made but go back to previous titles to relive features that were so well done (shout out to '20). Looking forward to Monday and the cover announcement, have no prediction or wish. Yesterday, the sky was actually blue for the first time in weeks and that flutter came to my belly that alerts me to the fact that baseball season isn't so far away!
Old 01-27-2023, 10:41 AM   #314
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I started using Twitter extensively in the summer of 2021 thru the summer of 2022 and the only reason was to help promote my son for his college baseball recruiting.

Once he committed in August of 2022.....I deleted the app. I have not sniffed Twitter in almost 5 months now and it is great.

The sheer amount of toxicity aimed at anyone about everything is unnerving. I don’t think constructive criticism is bad and we used to have that on this subform for the most part (we still do but it is getting less and less). I have interacted with SDS plenty BTW and they are great guys trying to make a great game. But they have mandates and marching orders. It is as simple as that.

The sports video gaming landscape has changed a lot over the last 5-7 years. It has shifted from the offline franchise mode player (most of us here I would venture to say) to the online card collecting modes and competitive online E- sports players.

And that is it......I simply play what gives me the absolute best joy I can get for what I want out of the game.

I did not like 21 at all.....it was a culture shock for me coming off the run of 2009 thru 2020. I did give 22 a real go playing it for over 100 hours easy. Not a bad game....but again the culture shift under the hood with hitting and baseball itself....is not resonating with me anymore.

I don’t think it’s changing. In fact I know pretty much it is not. Hopefully SDS can really surprise me with a more richly featured franchise mode by doing some things we have been asking or for a long time.

Expanding rosters.

I think this is probably the most critical piece to opening up franchise mode to be greater. We only have 6 rounds to draft......6!!! You just can’t really get deeper with a 6 round amateur draft.

Improved logic.

We have talking about this for a long time and it seems to stuck in neutral and dare I say it took a step back on 22.

Year to Year Saves

Unfortunately IMO this is ancient history.

Roster Import

Can they at least bring this back? It was in for one year (MLB 20).

But more importantly to me.....how about bringing the discipline ratings back into play on check wings for those of us who use timed/directional hitting. That fundamental change irked me like no other.

Variety of outcomes

Something the Show always has been strong about is this....and I can only speak to using auto fielding/manual throwing and timed/directional hitting with zero visual aides. The sheer variety of outcomes on every version of this game thru MLB 20 is something that always keeps me going back.....being that I play all 162 games of my primary franchise......man what a journey and baseball is all about statistical mean and statistical outliers. I always get that on previous versions of the Show and my game of choice MLB 20.

That ended for me on MLB 22. Why? I don’t 100% know but games had a same is the same feel and I played well over 120 games last cycle and it simply was not holding me. The variety of outcomes was really stale for lack of a better term.

Positives? Defense is better than ever. The new franchise ticker was awesome too.

But gameplay for some of us went backwards in terms of the feel and the soul of the game fundamentally changed. Even presentation went woefully backwards in many ways.

I expressed this to SDS.....just like I am expressing it here. No name calling, no outrage.

And look......it’s ok to be critical. The key is tone. And all of us can be guilty of some emotional responses.....heck I know I have.

But back to Twitter.......man what a cesspool of pure F***ery. I can’t tell you how liberating it was to get off that medium after being in it for almost 2 years non stop for a good purpose.

Social Media is the armpit of our society and IMO has led us all down this dark path of horrible communication, false narratives and people not being excellent to each other.

It is such a shame.

I have met and interacted with many great people here on OS and I still maintain it is the best place for simulation minded sports gamers to congregate and share ideas, settings, rosters and some laughs about video games.

Let’s just be excellent to each other regardless if we don’t share the same opinion about a particular game.

And that goes to both sides. The mob mentality of those that love the game attacking those that give honest, constructive criticism is just as bad as the typical troll posts of those that rip the game and it’s developers.

For those that are getting MLB 23......I hope you have an awesome cycle.

Me? I am so immersed in my virtual baseball world on 20 I really find zero reason to move on from it.....it gives me so much joy. And that is the reason I play video games. It’s the only reason.

Joy.
Couldn't have said it better about social media in general. Incredibly toxic. It creates another world all together and makes people do insane things based on stuff they are reading. And most of what they are reading (comments and/or articles) are completely made to trigger us.

I loved 20, liked 21, love 22. I'll give 23 a go and probably love it. If something that I would like to see in 23 isn't there, I won't have a tantrum. LOL.
Old 01-27-2023, 11:06 AM   #315
Pro

OVR: 0

Nex gen only.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2023, 04:12 PM   #316
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I started using Twitter extensively in the summer of 2021 thru the summer of 2022 and the only reason was to help promote my son for his college baseball recruiting.

Once he committed in August of 2022.....I deleted the app. I have not sniffed Twitter in almost 5 months now and it is great.

The sheer amount of toxicity aimed at anyone about everything is unnerving. I don’t think constructive criticism is bad and we used to have that on this subform for the most part (we still do but it is getting less and less). I have interacted with SDS plenty BTW and they are great guys trying to make a great game. But they have mandates and marching orders. It is as simple as that.

The sports video gaming landscape has changed a lot over the last 5-7 years. It has shifted from the offline franchise mode player (most of us here I would venture to say) to the online card collecting modes and competitive online E- sports players.

And that is it......I simply play what gives me the absolute best joy I can get for what I want out of the game.

I did not like 21 at all.....it was a culture shock for me coming off the run of 2009 thru 2020. I did give 22 a real go playing it for over 100 hours easy. Not a bad game....but again the culture shift under the hood with hitting and baseball itself....is not resonating with me anymore.

I don’t think it’s changing. In fact I know pretty much it is not. Hopefully SDS can really surprise me with a more richly featured franchise mode by doing some things we have been asking or for a long time.

Expanding rosters.

I think this is probably the most critical piece to opening up franchise mode to be greater. We only have 6 rounds to draft......6!!! You just can’t really get deeper with a 6 round amateur draft.

Improved logic.

We have talking about this for a long time and it seems to stuck in neutral and dare I say it took a step back on 22.

Year to Year Saves

Unfortunately IMO this is ancient history.

Roster Import

Can they at least bring this back? It was in for one year (MLB 20).

But more importantly to me.....how about bringing the discipline ratings back into play on check wings for those of us who use timed/directional hitting. That fundamental change irked me like no other.

Variety of outcomes

Something the Show always has been strong about is this....and I can only speak to using auto fielding/manual throwing and timed/directional hitting with zero visual aides. The sheer variety of outcomes on every version of this game thru MLB 20 is something that always keeps me going back.....being that I play all 162 games of my primary franchise......man what a journey and baseball is all about statistical mean and statistical outliers. I always get that on previous versions of the Show and my game of choice MLB 20.

That ended for me on MLB 22. Why? I don’t 100% know but games had a same is the same feel and I played well over 120 games last cycle and it simply was not holding me. The variety of outcomes was really stale for lack of a better term.

Positives? Defense is better than ever. The new franchise ticker was awesome too.

But gameplay for some of us went backwards in terms of the feel and the soul of the game fundamentally changed. Even presentation went woefully backwards in many ways.

I expressed this to SDS.....just like I am expressing it here. No name calling, no outrage.

And look......it’s ok to be critical. The key is tone. And all of us can be guilty of some emotional responses.....heck I know I have.

But back to Twitter.......man what a cesspool of pure F***ery. I can’t tell you how liberating it was to get off that medium after being in it for almost 2 years non stop for a good purpose.

Social Media is the armpit of our society and IMO has led us all down this dark path of horrible communication, false narratives and people not being excellent to each other.

It is such a shame.

I have met and interacted with many great people here on OS and I still maintain it is the best place for simulation minded sports gamers to congregate and share ideas, settings, rosters and some laughs about video games.

Let’s just be excellent to each other regardless if we don’t share the same opinion about a particular game.

And that goes to both sides. The mob mentality of those that love the game attacking those that give honest, constructive criticism is just as bad as the typical troll posts of those that rip the game and it’s developers.

For those that are getting MLB 23......I hope you have an awesome cycle.

Me? I am so immersed in my virtual baseball world on 20 I really find zero reason to move on from it.....it gives me so much joy. And that is the reason I play video games. It’s the only reason.

Joy.
Quoting to piggy back on a few things.

First and foremost is the last word. Joy. Chase fun. That's the idea here. And why we play games.

I think increasing roster size would add so much to franchise. Not only would it likely lead to A ball, etc, but it would also expand the draft. If expanding the draft, you are likely working on scouting and that is an area that needs love as well.

On the positive side, SDS made a huge improvement in progression and regression. Those that know me, know this is my bread and butter in MLB.

I think, well know, the devs take pride in their game. You can tell by the way they talk about it during the streams. They love the game and have passion for it. It's just that their vision about the future of franchise mode isn't what it once was. Just like everyone else they report to someone and that someone tells them what they want and they execute it.

And yeah, #$&@ twitter lol

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 01-27-2023, 08:38 PM   #317
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
Toxicity in our world crushes my soul, especially when it's directed toward The Show.

If a particular game does not meet my expectation or has disappointed me with its development, I don't take it personal, nor make it personal with the developers. I may participate in discussion, but never make it vitriol. If a person has a conflicting view, I use my collaboration skills to debate, but never attack the person. With the Show, sure I experience disappointment, but it also does so much more right and continues to do so year after year.

Being a gamer of an advanced age, I've been granted the privilege of experiencing all of my favorite games throughout their development, only the Show remains standing. Each year I play the Show a lot, and I mean a lot, probably more than a healthy human should, but it's what I do, I've done it for years, and it brings me great joy.

Each year I enjoy the enhancements made but go back to previous titles to relive features that were so well done (shout out to '20). Looking forward to Monday and the cover announcement, have no prediction or wish. Yesterday, the sky was actually blue for the first time in weeks and that flutter came to my belly that alerts me to the fact that baseball season isn't so far away!
As someone who uses twitter quite a bit I could not agree more toxic is so bad. Buts its just as bad on facebook and every other social outlet where people can talk and say what they want without having to worry someone will punch them in the mouth basically

I will say though if someone can show their displeasure in an non toxic way they deserve the right to do it. Companies need to know they need to do better. But that being said its really on us the consumer. If we do not like the product of the upgrades STOP PAYING FOR IT. you want to see a company change its that will only happen when they stop making money. Its really the only time they notice

And like Armor said. He loves 2020 version. He loves what he created. So why change it?
NHL: New York Rangers
NCAAFOOTBALL: Miami Hurricanes
NCAABASKETBALL: Duke Blue Devils
Old 01-28-2023, 10:42 AM   #318
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

I’ve already answered but I’ve been thinking. With create a stadium and create team in if expansion would be added it would be day one for me. I don’t usually buy any game day one anymore.
Old 01-28-2023, 03:07 PM   #319
MVP

KnightTemplar's Arena

I’ve enjoyed reading the last several posts. Thanks guys.

But…..I love Tik Tok….JUST KIDDING, JUST KIDDING!!!!

I’m playing 20 right now as I want a fresh start with 23. 20 is such a great game….just noticing all the fan chatter that is absent in 22. Vaults work like they should, SOTS, etc. But, I’m very optimistic about 23s release. I hope our socks are knocked off. Gotta be…..right?
Old 01-28-2023, 06:19 PM   #320
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Yeah amour Swords I finally understand the online card buying crap. It’s for mainly todays generation or kids 9 to 18 year old . I watch my 9 year old nephew throw away $50 psn card on fifa mut mode garbage trying to get the best players not having any understanding of probability. Parents just let him to shut him up. It’s a dangerous addiction and reel money should be banned from sports games. If it was perhaps grinding upon hours for “digital cards” that last you a year wouldn’t be so high.

Sadly it’s where sports game. Are

As for the show I think franchise will be unchanged we will updated playoffs and schedule (because they have no choice as it’s in real life)

I fear every year franchise mode will be gone like season mode or when madden killed franchise mode in 2013 and never recovered to fix it. It really worries me this time ever year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »