Home

Suggested slider recommendation for those who play CPU vs CPU franchise mode

This is a discussion on Suggested slider recommendation for those who play CPU vs CPU franchise mode within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-19-2023, 01:54 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Suggested slider recommendation for those who play CPU vs CPU franchise mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank70
Did anyone try these with the new 23 game?
Check out the MoM thread in here on page 3. There are CPU vs CPU stats on there with 6 subtle changes from default. Plays amazing
Old 04-26-2023, 11:13 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Suggested slider recommendation for those who play CPU vs CPU franchise mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreer
Check out the MoM thread in here on page 3. There are CPU vs CPU stats on there with 6 subtle changes from default. Plays amazing
Saw this, I’ve been using Mike Lowe’s sliders but I seem to be having issues with stolen bases and home runs lacking. This may be a dumb question, but when you say default does it matter if the game is on all star or hall of fame or legendary? Like that difficulty only affects the user, but if it’s on cpu be cpu does it theoretically not matter what that’s on?
Old 04-27-2023, 05:54 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3

I am trying the following and have pretty good results. My goal was of course realistic stats but i wanted the action on the field being realistic as well.

First of all: i play on allstar. I watched a big difference in gameplay when i went up in difficulty level. Both pitching and hitting on legend the game plays a bit on steroids.

My sliders are on default mainly with these changes:

solid hits: 3 (this counters the higher contact slider on gives you a way bigger variety of hits. With contact at 3 you see little dribblers, more infield hits, bloopers over the infield, etc.)

baserunnerspeed: 4
fielder reaction: 4
fielder speed: 4
infield throwing strength: 2 (to counter the little slower runners and to tone down double plays which happen too often).
throwing error infield: 6 ( i might go even higher, don't see many)
fielding error infield: 6
steal frequency: 7 (everything under that and you see not enough)

I play with quick counts and therefore i have pitcher stamina at 7. Starting pitchers can go over 100 pitchers with that slider setting but they need to cause no quick count is starting below 1:1). If you leave that at 5, no starter can pitch more than 5 innings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2023, 11:14 AM   #36
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreer
Plays amazing or watches amazing - the SIM is a different engine then the watch mode.
Old 04-27-2023, 11:16 AM   #37
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank70

First of all: i play on allstar. I watched a big difference in gameplay when i went up in difficulty level. Both pitching and hitting on legend the game plays a bit on steroids.
I was on the level UP from All Star - is that legend? Hall of fame? Whatever after 30 games I had 6 starters hitting under .180 I'm HOPING all star is the key.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:56 AM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000
Plays amazing or watches amazing - the SIM is a different engine then the watch mode.
No simming, all of those stats are based off of just putting the controller in the middle and letting the game run itself out. At about 185 games now. Will update after 200. Also needs to be said that I did not install the Patch that tweaked pitching (whether or not it effected CPU vs CPU games I am not sure). Just did not want to take the chance as I was happy with the gameplay and results
Old 04-28-2023, 07:58 AM   #39
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvayda
Saw this, I’ve been using Mike Lowe’s sliders but I seem to be having issues with stolen bases and home runs lacking. This may be a dumb question, but when you say default does it matter if the game is on all star or hall of fame or legendary? Like that difficulty only affects the user, but if it’s on cpu be cpu does it theoretically not matter what that’s on?
I am not sure level matters but these stats were based off Allstar. Yes at SB set at 5 and 5 the game has never produced real SB numbers. At 7 and 7 I am getting 0.60 SB attempts per team per game where as real life 21/22 was 0.65 so very close

Last edited by tgreer; 04-28-2023 at 08:04 AM.
Old 04-28-2023, 10:11 AM   #40
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

I have played/Watched 40 games with 3 separate teams and not one team has hit above .180 yet and a OB in the .250s. I wonder if it's because I only control 1 team? My games average 26 Ks a game. The league has great numbers but the teams I control are pathetic watching LOL

I'm going to start over with controlling ALL teams to see if that makes a difference. I don't really have time for 15 hours a day for 6 months to watch every game LOL So I only WATCH my team.

Last edited by Grinder12000; 04-28-2023 at 10:15 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »