Home

S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders

This is a discussion on S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-29-2024, 10:37 AM   #153
Rookie

Redwings19c's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: S & B’s MLB 2024 Simulation Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
What a game! Those were good numbers to start. I think the OP is a great set. My only concern is the long term power numbers being low.

The Dodgers would be fun to play with. I never do the real life injuries to start the year but that is interesting to do. But are you going to pitch with Ohtani?

I am torn on what team to play with. I am leaning towards the Guardians because they would be a fun team to play with because of the #1 pick. It would be fun to scout and draft the #1 pick. And they are a decent team to play with and maybe try to get a wild card spot with. But then the Orioles would be fun, especially with them getting a new owner that can be me taking over. And I haven't played with an AL team in a couple of years.

I thought about the Braves and I played half of the season with them at the end of 23. But now I'm kind of thinking I want a new team to go with.

Yeah, and SDS will probably change some things over time, so you never know. I am definitely seeing a lot of HRs, which is good, better than last year, but what annoys me is, that when one player has one Homer, the chances he gets 2 or 3 in one game are huge. My biggest concern yet is stealing. I get caught like 80 % of the time. Last year that number was my success rate. I assume it has something to do with the short time between the throws. The baserunner react to slow. Do you see that problem?

Real life injuries are important to me. There is no bigger mood killer, than let´s say DeGrom is throwing against me. Or Baptista is leading the Closers. It also makes the season interesting. I don´t know yet, which of my players will miss games. The injuries are very fast to manage. The rosters are the bigger problem.

No, not pitching with Ohtani. I have 9 pitchers in my bullpen, he is the 2nd LRP.

I totally get you. This year it was easy, because of Ohtani. There is no solution to get the CPU not using him. And like I said before, I finally want to win more games. I played my first two games now and I won both in the end because of the offense and my pullpen. The last years, I would have lost both

But usually I choose teams the way you do. A nice background story or a good future. Switching divisions is important as well. Seeings the same ballparks and teams can get boring.

I played 30-40 games with the Orioles last year and it was fun. Beautiful ballpark and a good lineup. You can´t go wrong with them. The Tigers would be interesting as well this year. Or Arizona. They are a powerhouse.

Or try 30 team control. Then you can switch, when it you are not happy.
Old 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM   #154
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwings19c
Yeah, and SDS will probably change some things over time, so you never know. I am definitely seeing a lot of HRs, which is good, better than last year, but what annoys me is, that when one player has one Homer, the chances he gets 2 or 3 in one game are huge. My biggest concern yet is stealing. I get caught like 80 % of the time. Last year that number was my success rate. I assume it has something to do with the short time between the throws. The baserunner react to slow. Do you see that problem?

Real life injuries are important to me. There is no bigger mood killer, than let´s say DeGrom is throwing against me. Or Baptista is leading the Closers. It also makes the season interesting. I don´t know yet, which of my players will miss games. The injuries are very fast to manage. The rosters are the bigger problem.

No, not pitching with Ohtani. I have 9 pitchers in my bullpen, he is the 2nd LRP.

I totally get you. This year it was easy, because of Ohtani. There is no solution to get the CPU not using him. And like I said before, I finally want to win more games. I played my first two games now and I won both in the end because of the offense and my pullpen. The last years, I would have lost both

But usually I choose teams the way you do. A nice background story or a good future. Switching divisions is important as well. Seeings the same ballparks and teams can get boring.

I played 30-40 games with the Orioles last year and it was fun. Beautiful ballpark and a good lineup. You can´t go wrong with them. The Tigers would be interesting as well this year. Or Arizona. They are a powerhouse.

Or try 30 team control. Then you can switch, when it you are not happy.
I am actually stealing with good success. I have noticed that I only usually throw them out stealing is on a missed hit and run. So that is weird that you are getting the opposite. I would just raise the success slider then.

I thought about doing two teams in one franchise. But then that is just twice as long. And I'll be scouting the same players.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 03-29-2024, 11:11 AM   #155
Rookie

sturdyKSU's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
I am actually stealing with good success. I have noticed that I only usually throw them out stealing is on a missed hit and run. So that is weird that you are getting the opposite. I would just raise the success slider then.

I thought about doing two teams in one franchise. But then that is just twice as long. And I'll be scouting the same players.
I have had nothing but success stealing bases this year, I am 8/8 through 8 games. However, I have been mostly stealing with Bobby Witt Jr. so that is a bit of a cheat code lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2024, 01:56 PM   #156
Rookie

sturdyKSU's Arena

Wondering what everyone is experiencing BA and OBP wise. I'm 10 games through now and have a team average of .211 and an OBP of .262. I am playing as the Royals who don't have a great lineup, but .211 as a team through 10 games is crazy. I have 7 home runs through 10 games and average about 2-3 walks per game. I have 58 Ks as well.

I'm usually pretty decent at timing, in MLB 23 as the Rangers I had a BA of .275 and an OBP of .340. So I'm wondering if it is just I'm still rusty or may need to bump up contact for more singles and base hits
Old 03-29-2024, 02:18 PM   #157
MVP

Rmiok222's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturdyKSU
Wondering what everyone is experiencing BA and OBP wise. I'm 10 games through now and have a team average of .211 and an OBP of .262. I am playing as the Royals who don't have a great lineup, but .211 as a team through 10 games is crazy. I have 7 home runs through 10 games and average about 2-3 walks per game. I have 58 Ks as well.

I'm usually pretty decent at timing, in MLB 23 as the Rangers I had a BA of .275 and an OBP of .340. So I'm wondering if it is just I'm still rusty or may need to bump up contact for more singles and base hits

211 through 10 isn’t crazy imo. That’s an insanely small sample size and teams slump hit around 200 through a 10 game span all the time. Not trying to speak for bryan but that’s my 2 cents. You’re just slumping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2024, 02:29 PM   #158
Pro

HeadCoach2.0's Arena

The actual gameplay is fine so far. Fielding is really good.
Old 03-29-2024, 02:55 PM   #159
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturdyKSU

I agree with Rmiok. A couple of 12 hit games will boost that up. If you do feel like you can’t get better I would lower pitch speed.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 03-29-2024, 06:48 PM   #160
MVP

Lil Worm's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: S & B’s MLB 2024 HOF Simulation Sliders

Well man…here I come. I have 24 on download. I couldn’t take it anymore. Probably be in the morning before I jump on it. In a huge series against the Mets on 23.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »