Home

Armor & Sword/RaiderRen’s HOF Clean Screen MLB 23 Simulation Sliders (PS5)

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword/RaiderRen’s HOF Clean Screen MLB 23 Simulation Sliders (PS5) within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-15-2024, 01:12 PM   #9
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword/RaiderRen’s HOF Clean Screen MLB 23 Simulation Sliders (PS5)

FYI I will also have sone tweaks for classic roster play in the near future as well and will post those adjustments at the top of post #3 which have dedicated to the ATG Gang and others who are creating in full force for MLB 23 and beyond.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 01-15-2024, 01:14 PM   #10
Rookie

MannybeingManny's Arena

OVR: 1

Excited to see what this future set may bring. At no point have I been able to get anything close to persistent offense from the computer. It’s kind of been like this for a few years now but that’s just my experience. Looking forward to the streams and have enjoyed the last few I have watched!
Old 01-15-2024, 01:16 PM   #11
MVP

LegendKillerOne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
MrMet2488

He updates it daily so it should be on the first few pages of the roster vault

ah ok up top it said MrMet2688

So its 2488 got it thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2024, 01:24 PM   #12
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendKillerOne
ah ok up top it said MrMet2688

So its 2488 got it thanks

My bad!! Fixed.

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-15-2024, 01:43 PM   #13
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertman
In my first 2 spring training games with the Yanks I have seen no shortage of offense for the CPU which is encouraging . This is on default HOF. Love the smoothness of the game. Still feeling things out but loving it so far.

Absolutely love the new bat sounds. I remember reading when the game came out that people loved it or hated it. Sounds pretty realistic to me

So the sliders won't stray that far from default...that I can assure you. It's just some balancing on the CPU side offensively we are looking to lock in.

And folks I make no promises.....and also I enjoy playing....a lot and after a while over the course of 162 I expect it to balance out.

I can't answer for folks that only play 40-50 games and simulate the rest. These are going to be tuned for those who fully commit to at least 100-120 games per season at a minimum.

Obviously I won't be testing 120 games before we update the OP this coming weekend.....thankfully RaiderRen did a lot of that hardcore playing and also I have gotten a ton of feedback from Dowie, ColePeyton Cgm. These are great dudes who frequent our streams and talk sports games, real sports and life. We have fun with it.

I am confident in my own ability to feel out the tweaks and vouch for them. Basically Year 1 for my new franchise and a classic replay TBD (most likely it's looking like 1985 first) is the grand test!!!

But you gotta go thru at least 3 months of a season to really know the ebb and flow. And again the team you use makes a difference as well as your skill level and approach.

Statistically speaking if it looks realistic....I am good. Some are far more analytical about their stats. But I love the randomness that baseball brings to the table....outlier seasons will happen both for a team and individual players. And that's baseball.

Anyway as far as the game, I agree Vertman the bat sounds are marvelous and that was one of the things I did enjoy with the beta as well as the amazing defense.

But I really was so committed to Yankees Year 7 on 20 and wanted badly to play that season.....so here we are...we saw ATG's work which lets be real is so first class and authentic and I said screw it for $16 MLB 23 is worth the purchase to try out the rosters.

I am thrilled I picked it up after my sheer dissatisfaction mid cycle for 22.

23's hitting is vastly improved in every area. The game is so smooth, clean and man presentation was also VASTLY improved. Far more dynamic, and varied.

I love the regional network theme. It will make Game of the Week and the National theme that much more special throughout the long season and the post season.

I love the Minor League park project by OriginalAlex (Cygflame on OS). Those parks are works of art.

There are also some outstanding classic parks and Spring Training parks from various creators. It only helps with the immersion.

But yeah gameplay is supreme and this is a great playing game.

Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-15-2024, 02:25 PM   #14
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
So the sliders won't stray that far from default...that I can assure you. It's just some balancing on the CPU side offensively we are looking to lock in.

And folks I make no promises.....and also I enjoy playing....a lot and after a while over the course of 162 I expect it to balance out.

I can't answer for folks that only play 40-50 games and simulate the rest. These are going to be tuned for those who fully commit to at least 100-120 games per season at a minimum.

Obviously I won't be testing 120 games before we update the OP this coming weekend.....thankfully RaiderRen did a lot of that hardcore playing and also I have gotten a ton of feedback from Dowie, ColePeyton Cgm. These are great dudes who frequent our streams and talk sports games, real sports and life. We have fun with it.

I am confident in my own ability to feel out the tweaks and vouch for them. Basically Year 1 for my new franchise and a classic replay TBD (most likely it's looking like 1985 first) is the grand test!!!

But you gotta go thru at least 3 months of a season to really know the ebb and flow. And again the team you use makes a difference as well as your skill level and approach.

Statistically speaking if it looks realistic....I am good. Some are far more analytical about their stats. But I love the randomness that baseball brings to the table....outlier seasons will happen both for a team and individual players. And that's baseball.

Anyway as far as the game, I agree Vertman the bat sounds are marvelous and that was one of the things I did enjoy with the beta as well as the amazing defense.

But I really was so committed to Yankees Year 7 on 20 and wanted badly to play that season.....so here we are...we saw ATG's work which lets be real is so first class and authentic and I said screw it for $16 MLB 23 is worth the purchase to try out the rosters.

I am thrilled I picked it up after my sheer dissatisfaction mid cycle for 22.

23's hitting is vastly improved in every area. The game is so smooth, clean and man presentation was also VASTLY improved. Far more dynamic, and varied.

I love the regional network theme. It will make Game of the Week and the National theme that much more special throughout the long season and the post season.

I love the Minor League park project by OriginalAlex (Cygflame on OS). Those parks are works of art.

There are also some outstanding classic parks and Spring Training parks from various creators. It only helps with the immersion.

But yeah gameplay is supreme and this is a great playing game.

Glad to have you on board the 23 train! I have struggled to find the sweet spot on Legend with my own set.

I always thought...I wish Armor would just get 23 cause it would be very interesting to see what Armor would see in the game. I'm looking forward to seeing your version 1 and will try it out.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 01-15-2024, 04:20 PM   #15
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
FYI I will also have sone tweaks for classic roster play in the near future as well and will post those adjustments at the top of post #3 which have dedicated to the ATG Gang and others who are creating in full force for MLB 23 and beyond.

For those that despise (or can't figure out rebranding), I sure hope more classic season rosters are created for years 1999 through 2013 (so we don't have to worry about alignment or expansion teams).

One (of very few) things I don't like about 23 (when playing classic era's) is the schedule. I love pitchers hitting in the NL, but with the balanced schedule, the universal DH makes the most sense.

Dowie

Last edited by dowie; 01-15-2024 at 04:24 PM. Reason: typo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2024, 07:46 PM   #16
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7

For those that try to "perfectly" emulate MLB #'s:

35 Complete games were thrown in 2023, and only 5 pitchers threw 200+ innings. Setting SP stamina's to 1 and hook to 10 (FOR SIM GAMES), will generate league-wide sim stats that will come within 3% to 7% of those #'s (so long as you aren't using a roster set where the creator has their own ratings formula). I've simmed dozens of seasons and know for sure those sim settings work.

Here are other 2023 MLB team averages:
swing and miss % = 21 to 25%
foul % = 13 to 17%
1st pitch strike % = 60%
overall strike % = 62-68 %
BABIP % = .300 - easy to find on-line BABIP calculators
OBP % = .320 - easy to find on-line OBP calculators
SLG % = .414 - easy to find on-line SLG% calculators
Batting Avg. = .250
Runs p/game = 4.5
hits p/game = 8.4
2b's p/game = 1.7
hr's p/game = 1.2
bb p/game = 3.25
strikeouts p/game = 8.6
stole bases p/game = .780
hbp p/game = .434
# of total pitches thrown p/ game = 146

HOF default (directional/classic/clean screen) plays closer to these MLB averages than people probably think.

Some areas where default HOF didn't quite "matchup" (on the cpu side) are the following: cpu slugging too low, cpu foul % too high, cpu runs too low, and cpu batting averages too low.

Won't bother posting what I think for the user side, because we all play w/ different teams and have different skill sets. The one thing for sure that didn't add up for me on the user side was that I was averaging more than 5 BB p/game. I'm patient at the dish for sure, but I was getting walks at an alarming rate. (with pitch speeds at 9). The cpu's strike % and 1st pitch strike % was within those MLB averages, and my OBP % was too, so I can't figure out why I can consistently get too many free passes?

I do know this, whatever Armor comes up with, I bet his 23 set will still play close to these MLB averages.

I'm just sharing this in case people want a statistical baseline to start from. I'm sorta in between when it comes to sliders.....1/2 eye test and 1/2 statistical output, so I do like to look at this data in case something is way off.

In Armor we trust!

Dowie

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »