Home

"Top 150 prospect roster set" who here has tried it?

This is a discussion on "Top 150 prospect roster set" who here has tried it? within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-07-2015, 03:58 PM   #25
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: "Top 150 prospect roster set" who here has tried it?

I'm starting my franchise momentarily using the base 150 prospect roster. The season starts in Spring Training, so this is more than accurate for me. Personally, I don't care what color web netting my backup IF wears, so I'm excited to start playing with the daily schedule. The season begins to take on a look of its own anyway, so even purposely ignoring the Kimbrel trade is how I'll be starting--again, he wasn't on the Padres during Spring Training.

What I do is simulate the entire spring to get a few injuries around the league, and then I start.

Feel free to watch game 1 from the link in my signature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2015, 07:47 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 10

I only play franchise for the added minors that aren't in Season Mode and the fact that it allows you to really handle any trades that happen throughout the season. I only play one season in franchise, full roster control, no drafts, no injuries, I control those myself. My experience playing The Show since 2007 is that I definitely need a correct AAA and relatively accurate A and AA throughout the season for call-ups because I'd say about 60% of the guys on AA and A are guys I never end up touching once in my moves during the season. And that's even on heavily injured teams. I just find that waiting for rosters that are thoroughly complete can be pointless to me. But I have no idea exactly how many more players I've been getting by using OSFM the past few years. Is it that much more than this roster set with 150?
Old 04-07-2015, 08:01 PM   #27
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

I enjoy the game of baseball, not admiring an updated roster that becomes out of date 24 hours after its released.

I don't do the user control stuff because teams make trades based on their win/loss record. What happens if your Yankees team in your game is in 1st place, but in real life they are last and start selling guys off? That doesn't seem realistic to me is all.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:24 PM   #28
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
I don't do the user control stuff because...
That's a really good point and one that, quite honestly, I've never found a solution for. But creating a fantasy world where players just go wherever the CPU logic decides to take them is unacceptable to me as a gamer AND sports fan. I feel that the most interesting test is to see what the teams do as they're set up and then, regardless of how their sim counterparts fare, seeing what they do with the real life changes.

Perhaps the solution is to not do ANY transactions at all other than injuries for the whole season. That way you could say, at least, well this is how they theoretically could have done with the team they sent out before the season happened to them. Much in the same way that we think of teams from specific years based on what their most played roster was, not what their early, mid, and late season rosters were. Maybe that's the way to do it?

Last edited by tinpanalley; 04-07-2015 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:14 PM   #29
Husker Power

Spooky's Arena

OVR: 8

Yep, good enough for me! Editing prospects ratings is asinine, IMO. Some of the prospects will live up to their expected ratings in real life, most won't. I figure the outcome of the game is good enough of a randomizer to decide who will in my game world.

Accurate accessories? Lol, don't even get me started. If someone gets a different sponsorship they will change their own in real life, 5 seconds later.

Even accurate rosters compared to MLB is pretty much a joke to aspire to IMO. There are so many out of nowhere trades mid season, that any player being on any team is believable.

I guess I've just got less stringent in my older age.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:05 PM   #30
MVP

By the way, I've tried it and a few guys are missing from the Jays so I think I'll be waiting for OSFM.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:44 PM   #31

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

I also have updated rosters on the Vault. I exported the top prospects for each team from last year's OSFM. I also brought over a lot of Dodgers players as well. You can check it out. (psn: marino13882)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 05:27 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
I also have updated rosters on the Vault. I exported the top prospects for each team from last year's OSFM. I also brought over a lot of Dodgers players as well. You can check it out. (psn: marino13882)
Sweet, gonna check it out.

Last edited by DTX3; 04-08-2015 at 06:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »