Home

The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 24

This is a discussion on The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 24 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2024, 12:20 PM   #65
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The TrueSim Roster Project: MLB 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAK79
Just curious about the secondary positioning adjustment and what that means. Will this roster have gone through every player fixing the bug that gives players the ability to play every position as a secondary option? I usually spend time going through any roster I want to use making these adjustments on my own for every player on each team. It takes a bit of patience and time and would be great of I didn't need to do this. Cheers.
Can you explain the bug a bit more?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2024, 01:48 PM   #66
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

Just curious, and apologies if this has been answered before, does your roster include Minor Leaguers who have MLB Service Time but not in the game because they didn't play last year? Off the top of my head I'm thinking of guys like Scott Kingery and David Buchanan in the Phillies organization. Guys where they're not technically prospects but there's a chance, albeit a small one, that they could play in the majors again.
Old 03-25-2024, 01:55 PM   #67
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
Just curious, and apologies if this has been answered before, does your roster include Minor Leaguers who have MLB Service Time but not in the game because they didn't play last year? Off the top of my head I'm thinking of guys like Scott Kingery and David Buchanan in the Phillies organization. Guys where they're not technically prospects but there's a chance, albeit a small one, that they could play in the majors again.

It will have most. All depends on space to put them on the roster without taking out a key prospect. We are in the process of figuring out who is missing right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Old 03-25-2024, 02:35 PM   #68
Rookie

MikeAK79's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
Can you explain the bug a bit more?
Surprised I need to. I thought it was common knowledge. There is a bug in the game that grants players every position available as a secondary. You'll have players with all 8 positions available. Been in the game for years.

The only way to correct it is to manually edit the player. There is no way you can tell me you don't see players in your game that have every position available as a secondary.
Old 03-25-2024, 02:46 PM   #69
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Surprised I need to. I thought it was common knowledge. There is a bug in the game that grants players every position available as a secondary. You'll have players with all 8 positions available. Been in the game for years.

The only way to correct it is to manually edit the player. There is no way you can tell me you don't see players in your game that have every position available as a secondary.
I've literally never seen this before. Which players have it? Are they utility guys that play a bunch of positions. I know I've definitely see players with more secondary positions than you can manually assign, but I haven't seen any with literally every position.
Old 03-25-2024, 04:22 PM   #70
Rookie

MikeAK79's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlliesPhan6
I've literally never seen this before. Which players have it? Are they utility guys that play a bunch of positions. I know I've definitely see players with more secondary positions than you can manually assign, but I haven't seen any with literally every position.
Interesting. I can't take any pictures or point you to a player because it just happens randomly. I've been dealing with it for years now. I have to go in to my rosters and edit it out before I even start a Franchise run and even then it shows up throughout my playtime. Last year was the worst year for me because I had players getting the catcher position all the time. Juan Soto would almost always end up with catcher as a secondary for me. I've sent reports to SDS for years now. Tried clearing my cache and re-downloading the game. I've given up trying to figure out why.
Old 03-26-2024, 10:41 AM   #71
Rookie

StonewallTexan's Arena

Quote:

There are utility players that have more secondary positions than can be assigned in the player editor, but that is not a bug.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2024, 08:09 PM   #72
MVP

Lisac's Arena

Willard
FYI Brantly that you just uploaded had a R symbol

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »