Home

Fictional or Real Life Franchises?

This is a discussion on Fictional or Real Life Franchises? within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-29-2024, 12:36 AM   #41
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fictional or Real Life Franchises?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
Appreciate it man. I have followed some of your suggested edits across other games in the past, so I know you’re after the same things I am. Do you have a post somewhere of what edits you’ve been making to the classes?
I just got to my first draft class tonight. Did the draft but haven't signed anyone yet. It will probably be close to last year's edits I did. But I will share them this weekend once I analyze the first class.

Currently Playing:

No Man's Sky (PS5)
Pokemon Violet (Switch)
Stardew Valley (PC)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2024, 02:39 AM   #42
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
I just got to my first draft class tonight. Did the draft but haven't signed anyone yet. It will probably be close to last year's edits I did. But I will share them this weekend once I analyze the first class.
Thanks. Looking forward to it.
Old 03-30-2024, 12:10 AM   #43
Pro

Quote:
It holds up well.

But you do need to edit potentials of draft picks to keep the inflation in line as well as tapered down potentials on your starting roster. If you do this, the league will be amazing. I have done a combo of sims of 10, 20, and 25 years into the future and edits help a lot. But the trade off is they take more time. Up to you, but I think they are a must have.

The finances don't change or evolve like NBA 2k. They hold the same financial values in the future in the game.

Can you explain how this is done? I just summed 30 years but overalls are ridiculous. Backup playing have 85 ovr and teams are just loaded with pitching. How is this done?
Old 03-30-2024, 05:53 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
It holds up well.

But you do need to edit potentials of draft picks to keep the inflation in line as well as tapered down potentials on your starting roster. If you do this, the league will be amazing. I have done a combo of sims of 10, 20, and 25 years into the future and edits help a lot. But the trade off is they take more time. Up to you, but I think they are a must have.

The finances don't change or evolve like NBA 2k. They hold the same financial values in the future in the game.
I’m not as sold on the need for potential updates …

But I also don’t really mind if there aren’t plenty of guys in low 60s in the league.

I’m in 2039 in my league and there’s enough differential between top and bottom rated players for my tastes.
Old 03-31-2024, 09:48 AM   #45
Rookie

Anyone with experience with fictional rosters have any tips to tackle this easier. I went down the rabbit hole of doing this and I've done 8 teams completely. Not perfect but I was more focused on just getting any real player out. Few problems I am having

1. Can only export 40 players at a time so it's taking a lot of time.

2. It gets to the point where I'm not sure if the lower rated guys are the ones I've exported and imported into the roster or actual minor league guys

3. There is probably a ton of Free Agents that I will need to tackle at some point to get them out of there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2024, 01:23 PM   #46
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabralk
Anyone with experience with fictional rosters have any tips to tackle this easier. I went down the rabbit hole of doing this and I've done 8 teams completely. Not perfect but I was more focused on just getting any real player out. Few problems I am having

1. Can only export 40 players at a time so it's taking a lot of time.

2. It gets to the point where I'm not sure if the lower rated guys are the ones I've exported and imported into the roster or actual minor league guys

3. There is probably a ton of Free Agents that I will need to tackle at some point to get them out of there.
No experience doing this but I would probably export fewer than 40 at a time. Maybe break it down into Starting Pitchers, then go back in and export RP's, then a third time to get infielders, then lastly catchers and outfielders.

Edit: it would probably be easier if you imported a blank zero player over the minor leaguers with no service time first before trying to get minor leaguers out of a franchise.
#44Syracuse

Last edited by Ghost Of The Year; 03-31-2024 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-31-2024, 03:00 PM   #47
Pro

It’s easier for me at least to export starting pitchers than relief pitchers for each team and then go back and do position players. I’ve already done an entire league but I’m not happy with the ovr of players. All pitchers and players and even bench players are way too high. Not sure how to fix this though. I don’t want to edit ever player that would take forever
Old 04-03-2024, 04:08 AM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCPUgeek
Something I did last year is do a franchise where you control CPU rosters. I then simmed 100 years. I then exported players and put them in my roster file. Their history has years 2123, etc. but as long as you can look past it being in the 2100s, that was a good way to have fictional players with history and not all rookies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you finished or started your roster yet? I would love to use yours when you do. Do you plan on uploading it?

Sent from my SM-F946U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »