Home

2012 Atlanta Braves thread

This is a discussion on 2012 Atlanta Braves thread within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-07-2012, 05:39 PM   #33
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: 2012 Atlanta Braves thread

This is insane.

Spoiler

@AdamdotH
Old 02-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #34
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

We are blessed.

And those jerseys are ****ing awesome!
Old 02-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #35
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Can't wait for ST to get started. The more I've thought about it, the more I realize that Jason Heyward MUST bounce back in a big way for this team to do anything this year.

I expect the pitching to be solid once again, but I don't expect Chipper to do much this year (honestly, my hope for him this year is not to ruin his 300/400/500 career line!). Mac will have his usual 280/20/80 year, Uggla will probably put up a 250/30/100 type line, Prado will be 290/10/60 or so, and Freeman will probably be a 260/20/75 guy. Those numbers aren't that different from last year, which means it falls to Heyward to really take the step forward. IMO, he must put up a 280/375/475 type year with 25/100. If he puts up anything close to last year this team goes no where, particularly with the Marlins/Nats improving.

Ugh...if this team finished 4th in the division.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2012, 01:32 AM   #36
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

All about Heyward, Prado, Beachy, and Minor.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #37
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

from @hill_scott on Vimeo.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:38 AM   #38
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31

from @hill_scott on Vimeo.

You know, it's funny, when I was a kid, baseball was by far my favorite sport, but football has moved past it. But if I had to pick between watching the Braves win a Series or the Jaguars (my favorite NFL team) winning a Super Bowl, I'd pick the Braves in a second.

I know a lot of us seem down on this team, but I'm actually really hopeful. This team has had really bad luck the last two years, but have still managed 91 and 89 wins in those years, and are a game away from having 2 playoff appearances in those two years. This team doesn't need career years from anyone to have a good season and make the playoffs. This team can, imo, go toe to toe with any team in baseball. Would it shock me if injuries hit this team again and they missed the playoffs? No. But I also wouldn't be shocked if this team stayed healthy and everyone was productive around their career numbers and made a run in the postseason.

I mean, spot by spot, I feel really good. Freeman is great. Uggla is coming off a career high in HR's. Chipper didn't live up to his career numbers, but he's still the 2nd or 3rd best hitting 3B in the NL. Bourn is a great player, and I expect a big bounce back year from Prado after a fluke injury. The rotation is great, and deep. The bullpen is great. The only real wild cards are Pastronicky and Heyward, and if they don't play well, I believe this is still probably a team that will be in the playoff hunt. The Nats may be a little better - they've essentially added 3 very good starters if you count the return of Strasburg, but their offense isn't improved at all. I'm not sold that adding Reyes, Burhele, and Bell make the Marlins a contender following a 72 win season. And I think the Phillies will be coming back to the pack a bit. If Pastronicky and Heyward do play well, and this team remains relatively healthy, I honestly believe this team is the best team in the National League. The only team really in the class of a healthy Atlanta Braves, imo, are the Phillies.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:42 AM   #39
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Saw this online, a tweet from Ken Rosenthal:

Quote:
#Braves excited by Hanson's revamped delivery. He's more compact, making better use of legs. Shoulder issue forced adjustments. #MLB
Old 02-10-2012, 05:01 AM   #40
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
You know, it's funny, when I was a kid, baseball was by far my favorite sport, but football has moved past it. But if I had to pick between watching the Braves win a Series or the Jaguars (my favorite NFL team) winning a Super Bowl, I'd pick the Braves in a second.

I know a lot of us seem down on this team, but I'm actually really hopeful. This team has had really bad luck the last two years, but have still managed 91 and 89 wins in those years, and are a game away from having 2 playoff appearances in those two years. This team doesn't need career years from anyone to have a good season and make the playoffs. This team can, imo, go toe to toe with any team in baseball. Would it shock me if injuries hit this team again and they missed the playoffs? No. But I also wouldn't be shocked if this team stayed healthy and everyone was productive around their career numbers and made a run in the postseason.

I mean, spot by spot, I feel really good. Freeman is great. Uggla is coming off a career high in HR's. Chipper didn't live up to his career numbers, but he's still the 2nd or 3rd best hitting 3B in the NL. Bourn is a great player, and I expect a big bounce back year from Prado after a fluke injury. The rotation is great, and deep. The bullpen is great. The only real wild cards are Pastronicky and Heyward, and if they don't play well, I believe this is still probably a team that will be in the playoff hunt. The Nats may be a little better - they've essentially added 3 very good starters if you count the return of Strasburg, but their offense isn't improved at all. I'm not sold that adding Reyes, Burhele, and Bell make the Marlins a contender following a 72 win season. And I think the Phillies will be coming back to the pack a bit. If Pastronicky and Heyward do play well, and this team remains relatively healthy, I honestly believe this team is the best team in the National League. The only team really in the class of a healthy Atlanta Braves, imo, are the Phillies.
Baseball is still my favorite overall sport. Nothing will ever change that because I love the game itself way too much. I'd probably take a World Series win for the Braves over a Texans Super Bowl a majority of the time, with a sprinkling in of a Suns Finals win because of all the **** I've had to go through with them.

I'm with you on this team. It's all about health. Before the collapse, we were what, 10 games up on the WC? That's pretty freakin' crazy.

Very confident in our team, but anything can happen in baseball, and thats why I love it. We could be a complete failure this season, who the hell knows?

There's no way the Phillies can do what they did in last year's regular season again....IS there? I'm worried about the Marlins and Nationals but I'm not sure I'm that worried of them beating us over the course of a season. Who else will be a WC contender? The Reds/Cards/Brewers/Giants/DBacks/Rockies? Not sure I buy into the Reds, gotta see how the Cardinals' lineup fares without Albert, the Brewers are going to be playing from behind if Braun isn't around for the first 50. Giants have offensive questions, the D'Backs have to prove it again. I'm actually worried about the Rockies but they need to decide if they're going to realize you need to start playing before August.

Gonna be crazy. Can't wait.

Last edited by TheMatrix31; 02-10-2012 at 05:03 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »