Home

Let's talk online "Fair Play"

This is a discussion on Let's talk online "Fair Play" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-23-2008, 06:56 AM   #25
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Let's talk online "Fair Play"

I think the people that don't want fair play is the minority here. I am all for it. Though I do agree that it aint perfect, I can live with it. I did during the ps2 days and I can easily do it now. Let's get rid of the scrub cheesers! Or just have a cheeser lobby.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 07:22 AM   #26
Rookie

teampunjabi's Arena

OVR: 7

This man Ian is really doing a great job lets give it up first of all.

But yeah I think I speak for everyone when I say FAIR PLAY is definitely REQUIRED.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:06 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by teampunjabi
This man Ian is really doing a great job lets give it up first of all.

But yeah I think I speak for everyone when I say FAIR PLAY is definitely REQUIRED.
What he said I hope for it in a patch if possible or madden 2010
Old 08-23-2008, 08:39 AM   #28
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

A virtual wall that the QB hits and falls down when he fades back to totally unrealistic depth. Since that wont happen how about some code that turns all pass defenders awareness to 100 or receivers hands go bad when a QB fades back more than 12 yards past the line of scrimmage. Maybe having pass blockers only be able to hold their blocks for 4 seconds, etc. something, anything lol. It is so boring playing these cheesers.

Parameters must be set for going for it on 4th down, my only solution now is when someone come out 4th and 10 on their own 20 is to quit.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:17 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

Here's my ideas for fair play:

- Let players go for it on fourth down anytime they want, but make it much harder for those who go for it in unrealistic situations, like if they are in their own territory. Have more penalties, botched blocking assignments and even have receivers running bad/incorrect routes in these situations. Of course, if a player's forced to go for it to win or tie a game, they should be allowed to do it with at most a slight disadvantage imposed on them.

- Apply these same disadvantages to players who run no huddle offense constantly and/or who run the same "money play" over and over. They'll be inclined to stop doing this crap if they keep throwing picks when their recievers blow their receiving routes or their linemen keep whiffing at blocks on defenders.

- Make fair play optional. Let the arcade/cheese style players play that way if they want, and let simulation/hardcore style players play this more realistic style of game. Having separate ranking boards for these styles of players would be good as well.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:29 AM   #30
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

I am not for a "cheese rating" or "player ratings" ala NBA 2k period. The system didn't work and here's why. After someone loses they are never going to say "he played a great game, nice game, I think I'll give him an excellent rating!". They get so pissed off because of the loss that they give you a bad rating for revenge, "I'll show this guy, I'll give him a uses exploits rating to get back at him." Add to that everyone has a different definition of what "cheese" is... I can see someone giving me a "cheeser" rating for using audibles lol. "He keeps changing the play all the time!!!!!!" lol.

think about it.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:56 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule
Fair Play just doesn't feel right since you have a game the restrict you of your coaching options. That should never be done. In fact, fair play made up faults in the gameplay that allowed players to get 4th downs to easily. Plus at times when going for 4th down made sense, it restricts you (4th & 4 on opp 37, too far for kicker range, to short for punt range, might as well go for it). Plus the games are so quick with 5 min quarters, sometimes when you get behind you want to take the risk so you aren't behind to long before the gap gets larger and time gets smaller...

If the AI and animation system is better programed so Qb sneaks, dropping to far back and always rolling out, and no huddling all the time won't be such an effective tool anymore (while done in realistic matter). Then there shouldn't be a need for Fair Play at all because if your getting beat on 4th down with some yards to go, you're just being outplayed.

I just don't think Fair Play would be necessary if those mention points were dealt with. Those who still complain aren't just good as their opponent or something then.
agreed.

coaching options should never be removed from any player. let them do what they want with their downs. coaches punt in the nfl because 9 times out of 10 the result id disaterous not because of fair play......

fix your game play and everything else will fall into place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2008, 10:07 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by otis_coole
I dont think anybody would have a problem with having the "option" for fair play. So please implement it. It was frustrating in some situations to not be able to go for it on 4th and 1 on the opposing 37 (too far for a fg, too close to punt). But I would still like it to be in online play, take the good with the bad yada yada yada.
it should not be an option, for ranked games it should be mandatory. it should be an option for unranked games though.

oh and my only issue with it is EA should err on the side of laxness in regards to 4th down because there were a couple of times where I recall on the ps2 where i was down by 14 or 17 points and was not allowed to go for it on 4th and 4 or 4th and 5 near midfield. Those calls are made in real life and every effort should be made to ensure they are allowed in the video game as well.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »