Home

Things the AI doesn't do

This is a discussion on Things the AI doesn't do within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-25-2024, 09:50 PM   #33
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Things the AI doesn't do

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Go out of bounds on purpose to stop the clock.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I don't have hard evidence.... But in m24 I'm pretty sure I've seen them run out of bounds to stop the clock in a 2 minute.
Old 03-26-2024, 12:32 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahUtes32
I don't have hard evidence.... But in m24 I'm pretty sure I've seen them run out of bounds to stop the clock in a 2 minute.
I have seen it a few times as well. It was clear they were doing it as no contact drove them out of bounds. It doesn't seem to trigger consistently, though. It's strange. I don't know if it is awareness or trait based, but I've definitely seen it enough to not be a coincidence in M24 as well.

― Plato
Old 03-26-2024, 09:41 AM   #35
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0

This is a easy one. Use LOGIC

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)

Last edited by forme95; 03-26-2024 at 11:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2024, 07:01 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

There have been improvements in AI in sports games in general over the years. But, I do wonder if these sports games would benefit from developing a full blown Tendency system. I always felt like the old 2k VIP system had the potential to be a game changer if it was never left behind. If something like that was expanded upon and got the kinks out, I feel like it would vastly improve AI and how CPU AI handles situations. My issue with Madden and even 2k with its Tendency system is that either there isn't enough of variance between AI teams or players/teams don't play like themselves

I would handle it like having a coach profile and trying to include as many football situations as possible. That way how an AI team plays is linked to the HC's profile.
Old 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM   #37
Pro

ReturnoftheTmac's Arena

OVR: 0

They don’t rotate the DLINE, RBS, WRs etc.

They don’t use gadget players the right way.

They don’t move WRs around in formations. Sometimes guys move to the slot etc.

They don’t use any exotic packages. For example they never run a 4 DE pass rush or something to that extent. Or maybe bring a safety down into the box/hybrid role.

They don’t play inline TEs and TEs like Kyle pitts etc correctly.

They never move certain edge rushers in the inside on passing down or move guys like Aaron Donald around to exploit matchups with weaker OLinemen.

A multitude they don’t do logically in franchise mode. But that would take a day to go thru that list.
Old 04-03-2024, 09:26 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnoftheTmac
They don’t rotate the DLINE, RBS, WRs etc.

They don’t use gadget players the right way.

They don’t move WRs around in formations. Sometimes guys move to the slot etc.

They don’t use any exotic packages. For example they never run a 4 DE pass rush or something to that extent. Or maybe bring a safety down into the box/hybrid role.

They don’t play inline TEs and TEs like Kyle pitts etc correctly.

They never move certain edge rushers in the inside on passing down or move guys like Aaron Donald around to exploit matchups with weaker OLinemen.

A multitude they don’t do logically in franchise mode. But that would take a day to go thru that list.

I always think about things like this when it comes to sports games, especially Madden and football games in general. When you said, "They don’t use gadget players the right way. ", I immediately go to my concerns with EA CFB 25 and Athletes in Dynasty. In the past NCAA games, I always hated losing special athletes to CPU because I knew they would just pencil them into one position and thats it. But, I think that would be hard for the CPU handle gadget players in a way that's realistic. The only way I can think of is having those gadget players have assigned plays designed for them and coding it to run those plays for that player.

Besides gadget players, I do think a lot of the "AI issues" could be eased with having an in-depth tendency system. It feels like there is a lot of behind the scene factors that dictate how AI handles things that we don't have knowledge for. Its like All Pro 2k8. On the surface, it was just Abilities and Tiers of players. But if you had the editor, you could see the actual player ratings. As I said a lot in the past, I think the best way would be to implement a type of Old 2k5 VIP system and really expand it to cover almost all aspects of football. Currently, it felt like everything is One Size Fits all and just allowing determining factors(IE, Ratings, schemes, abilities, etc) to differentiate how AI performs. I always felt like that wasn't enough to separate how AI acts. Having a type of extensive VIP system would allow two similar teams play differently. There's so much, that can be included like Down and Distance, Formation preferences, D-Line Rotations, Formation subs, Run/Pass % when Leading/Trailing, Exploit Mismatch, Defensive Coverage preferences, etc. There's so much that can included in a tendency system that would take the pressure off AI in determining everything. Everything just feels One Size Fits All for AI. For me, it feels like its AI determines that the highest OVR players plays at their position with no creativity, this is their playbook, and they basically use the AI Coach suggested Plays for Down and Distance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »