Home

Feel of Weight 21 vs 24

This is a discussion on Feel of Weight 21 vs 24 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-18-2024, 12:04 PM   #1
Rookie

LocDawg5050's Arena

OVR: 0
Feel of Weight 21 vs 24

I keep going back to compare this year's Madden to M21 to look at various game aspects. This time I was looking at player momentum and feel of weight. It seems like this year's game engine the players animation are sharp and realistic. But during times of bigger players and collision that happen the animations don't reflect weight. You see lineman pushed around or ran into like they are feathers.

In M21 the player models may be out dated but you see the big guys act and feel like big guys. I like to have Speed Thresh at 75 and when big guys tackle, you can see weight win. Throwing the ball high point to a receiver in M21 you can see real jumping skills to go after the ball. You just don't see that in M24 from the WR.

I recommend setting a play now game to arcade and adjust some sliders on AP and the game comes to life. The AI starts to pull off some nice plays when it knows it has advantages but it's not cheap or it doesn't dumb down your players.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2024, 05:32 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Feel of Weight 21 vs 24

The movement regardless of settings in madden 21 was superior to all versions that came after.

It just feels like since madden 21 they speeded up everything and so you don't get that player momentum or size feel in anymore.

They also toned down the rocket launch jumping in madden 21 so it looked more natural (going up for the ball)

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 03-18-2024, 07:08 PM   #3
Rookie

LocDawg5050's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
The movement regardless of settings in madden 21 was superior to all versions that came after.

It just feels like since madden 21 they speeded up everything and so you don't get that player momentum or size feel in anymore.

They also toned down the rocket launch jumping in madden 21 so it looked more natural (going up for the ball)
Playmakers you are a God send. Alot of guys ....some guys just like the new car smell of some of these games that have come out. Since 21 it hasn't felt the same. Yes some animation and gameplay seem smoother in 24 but core gameplay and feel is so much more solid in 21. The biggest like for me is the pass catching game. I downloaded the Legends roster and just do Play Now games to settle my itch. I was Steelers vs. Seattle. I threw a nice high arch rainbow pass to AB. He was guarded by Sherman. They both had dog ratings. These 2 guys were hand fighting off the line like I've never seen. Then as the ball came down, AB Flew up an inch higher and both guys had their hands on the ball but then AB twits his upper body as if he ripped it away from Sherman at the last second to secure the catch. Nothing felt cheated. Today, they just swat the ball away with one hand and that's pretty much it. I wish I could download current rosters.

Old 03-19-2024, 09:27 AM   #4
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

If I could take the gameplay of 21 and the franchise mode of 24, I would be in football gaming heaven.

I remember playing 21 with a headset and the sounds were incredible.
Old 03-26-2024, 12:47 AM   #5
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

Derrick Henry felt completely different than McCaffrey,
I loved the movement
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2024, 12:29 PM   #6
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers

Absolutely agree been saying this for years m21 movement was the best in the series they sped everything up back to previous movement speeds which causes these warped unnatural animations. They initially toned down the movement in 24 but its bavk to what its always been.. there were youtubers complaining how slow the movement was in 21 and much like penalties dh etc it got nerfed and zapped!! I still play 21 when I need a football fix!! lol
Old 03-27-2024, 01:50 PM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

One of the gameplay changes EA Sports detailed in their Madden 24 pre-release gridiron notes, and later validated by Madden PC data miners and modders, is that player weight differences matter significantly more in Madden 24 than in previous versions of the game.

The difference is especially noticeable during blocker-defender interactions and ballcarrier-tackler interactions.
Old 03-28-2024, 07:18 AM   #8
Rookie

LocDawg5050's Arena

There is something.... jittery when it's sped up like we see in M24. Certain animations don't look natural and I see some wonky lead blocking from a lead blocker. The full back or backfield TE will shoot the opposite direction of the direction of the stretch play or simply run into an olineman in M24. This may be due to the targeting system.

Ball carrier moves and break tackles AND SOUND are nicely executed in M21. No corny Home Feild Advantage or Game Plan strategy. You see the WR fight for position as the ball is released on a streak and will often result in a 2 man animation but who cares! At least the receiver is attempting to go for the ball.

I saw A. Cooper during a practice session bump and push while running down the feild and cut outward for a side line bullet dive. Dern thing was sweet to see because the defenders body was clearly off balance due to the Suttle hip push. Small stuff like that make the passing game smoother and achievable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »