Home

Madden NFL 24 Q&A Thread

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 24 Q&A Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-17-2023, 12:45 AM   #105
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 24 Q&A Thread

Hi I am thinking of buying Madden 24 for PS4 but before I do I would like a few questions and concerns answered by anyone who is willing to do so. I apologize if this is the wrong spot.

The last time I bought Madden was the 22 version and I felt it was decent but after playing it for a few weeks, discovered too many flaws and put it down. I still to this day play NCAA 14 with various custom rosters on PS3 as my preferred football game of choice whenever I get the itch and still think that game did a lot of things better than the recent Maddens.

The reason i play Madden is for Off-Line Franchise Mode or exhibition games. I also play practice mode to test schemes and try to figure out which plays are broken or overpowered. I play against the CPU or occasionally with a friend offline. I have no interest in any of the other game modes at this time. Depending on the year and whichever setting is most realistic, I play All Pro or All Madden typically with a custom slider set that I have usually found on these forums.

What I like to do is edit the players of every team to all time rosters. I follow the current NFL and enjoy it, I just do not wish to play the game with those same rosters. I love the nostalgia and history of football and this allows me to play Deion Sanders versus Justin Jefferson as an example. I have not agreed with EA's method of rating players in the past so I choose to do this myself. A lot of the problem lies with their awareness rating. No starting player in the NFL should have a 70 awareness rating. You combine that with a traditionally poorly programmed version of "zone defense" and that is how you get broken games. If every player has high awareness, play recognition and pursuit ratings with a combination of good sliders you can get a playable fairly realistic representation of football where playcalling and ratings matters and games actually have stakes.

The following questions I would like answered please...

1. In theory, could I make every player on the roster above a "90" overall in EA terms or will I go over the salary cap if I edit the players outside of a Franchise? In the past this was the case, has anything changed? Am I still able to do this in Franchise if I turn off the salary cap?

2. Can i still be the commissioner and take total control over any team's choices? Do I still have to create 32 owners and switch back and forth between teams?

3. Can I play any of the games I want in the franchise?

4. Can I take control over both teams pregame choices in regards to playbooks and uniforms.

5. Do the teams have the same amount of alternates, throwbacks, afl uniforms etc they did in 22 or has it gotten better or worse? I remember one madden around 19 or 20 which removed all the classic stuff which instantly made me hate it and return it.

6. Can I assign a custom playbook to a CPU controlled team and have them use it in game and or in practice mode? In 22 you could not do this. In practice mode especially, if you assigned a different defensive playbook (custom or not) to the CPU you are playing, when you get in practice mode, it diverts back to their default playbook. An annoyance if you created the team to play a 34 and they come out in a 43. You can do this in NCAA, a ten year old game from 2 generations ago.

7. Is the formation subs system the same as 22 or has it improved? You could not do formation subs for custom playbooks nor could you access formation sub whatsoever during a game or practice. This is something NCAA did much better.

8. Are you still able to edit player traits like aggressive catch/high motor etc? Can you still turn off all the xfactor stuff or new abilities EA has added if I feel they are too OP?

9. Is all the old equipment like the Riddell Helmets from the 70s and all the old school padding still in the game and or has it gotten any better or worse?

10. Have the custom playbook options changed or gotten any better? How many can you create? 10 or 12 would be a good amount I think. I try to eliminate any broken coverages or engage eight type plays so that when I play the CPU they can't call them and I can't easily recognize a 8 man blitz and throw a slant for 15 yards every time. Same concept applies to offense. If the CPU is constantly calling a broken run play and getting minus yards, removing it from their choices sometimes is the best way. Is the rate plays and play calling for down and distance etc the same or has that gotten any better?

11. In theory can I assign 4 different custom playbooks across 2 teams? For instance, if I wanted the Titans to run a Power Spread type scheme with Steve McNair and their stable of backs (Earl Campbell, Derrick Henry, Eddie George, Chris Johnson) and compliment that with an attacking 4-3 defense (Bethea, Brazile, Kearse, Simmons etc.) and play them against a Bengals team running a version of the Air Raid (Burrow, Johnson, Green, Chase, Curtis) and a coverage based 3-4, would I be able to do this? Or would I be forced to only pick my custom offense and then find 3 other playbooks from the set of rather generic playbooks that came with the teams which really don't apply at all to my custom rosters. Like if I want Nickle Over G I have to choose the Giants.

12. Does the CPU QB still throw to the TE way too much and never push the ball downfield? And can I change team aggressiveness or run/pass tendency or blitz frequency or man/zone ration etc in any way? NCAA did this 10 years ago and it makes a difference.

Those are my main areas of intrigue about the newest game and anyone who could answer any of these I would be much grateful. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2023, 02:59 PM   #106
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

What's the threshold again for a player not being a scheme fit but still receiving the full benefit in trainings? Is it within 3 overall points of the ideal scheme fit?
Old 10-05-2023, 03:08 PM   #107
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
What's the threshold again for a player not being a scheme fit but still receiving the full benefit in trainings? Is it within 3 overall points of the ideal scheme fit?
I thought it was must be a primary archetype match to benefit but within 3ovr just counts towards total team scheme fit % (which does nothing).

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2023, 02:48 PM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 1

Any idea when we will be able to pick which week we start franchise in?
Old 10-09-2023, 09:25 AM   #109
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Since the patch (and a new franchise), has anyone suddenly lost the ability to hire/ replace their scouts in season 1? I don't actually mind if they locked it, but just not sure if it's something I did wrong.
Old 10-09-2023, 06:54 PM   #110
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Anyone know why Play Now mode is still at Week 1? How do we make this update? TIA.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 10-10-2023, 11:00 AM   #111
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Anyone know why Play Now mode is still at Week 1? How do we make this update? TIA.
They said that's how its always gonna be, due to having people play the week 1 game and it leading into franchise I believe is why. I think it's BS tho

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2023, 03:09 PM   #112
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Since the patch (and a new franchise), has anyone suddenly lost the ability to hire/ replace their scouts in season 1? I don't actually mind if they locked it, but just not sure if it's something I did wrong.
Anyone else? I'm wondering if it's because I switched to Owner mode?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »