Home

Madden NFL 24 - The Little Things

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 24 - The Little Things within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-22-2023, 12:54 PM   #41
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Madden NFL 24 - The Little Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
This has probably been in the game for a bit but i just realized it... You can set custom uniform sets for teams. Went through and set up a ton of them throughout the league. It's a nice way to get some cool uniform combos and you can access them quickly before games.
Since they added those random orange pants in Madden 13, I always set up an all-orange Bears alt uniform. Then the Bears introduced an orange helmet last year so my combo got even better.

Part of me thinks it looks terrible but part of me likes it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2023, 01:11 PM   #42
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Since they added those random orange pants in Madden 13, I always set up an all-orange Bears alt uniform. Then the Bears introduced an orange helmet last year so my combo got even better.

Part of me thinks it looks terrible but part of me likes it.

I did a Bears franchise last year solely because of those sick orange helmets! They're nasty. Wish I could get the Texans a better stadium because their red/black helmets are cool too.
Old 08-22-2023, 05:41 PM   #43
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

I have noticed some dynamic lightning in 4pm games. Played a game in Buffalo and it was dark by the 4th quarter.
Old 08-22-2023, 07:35 PM   #44
Pro

sportomatic75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarfytheOwl
You can't do it in the main menu rosters iirc, can only be done in franchise.

Yes it's nice that we have the ability to fix it but we shouldn't have to. Punters should be default holders, longsnappers should be their own position with noticeable differences between the best and worst and someone who has no experience at snapping, etc.

I have no idea how difficult it would be to make those changes on the development side of things, but my first thoughts on why they don't do it is that it's "less fun" for the online comp crowd who want to run fakes. Easier to execute a fake with a QB as your holder than a punter. I could be wrong on that front and just be feeling jaded, but that was my first thought.

Buffalo Bills, Toronto Blue Jays, Ottawa Senators, Milwaukee Bucks

Currently listening to: Veil of Maya
Longsnappers would always remove off the roster if they were rated below a 50 I think. Every Madden year I would have Zak DeOssie set as the Giants snapper and then simulating 4 weeks he would be gone completely and not even listed in free agency pool
Old 08-22-2023, 09:46 PM   #45
Pro

Cj7298419's Arena

OVR: 8

Noticed a few cool things:

When playing against different QB's, you really notice the difference in skill level. Played a night game against the Jets and Rodgers was picking me apart. Whether I blitzed or played zone, he was just good at finding the right read and even running it when nothing was there. Played another game against Pit and Pickett was really struggling. Was slower to get the ball out and threw a bad pick. Crazy thing is, Pickett seemed to get better as the game progressed. Almost like he just had a bad 1st half and figured it out. Was a little too late b/c I won comfortably, but it just felt organic.

That same game against the Steelers was in the rain and it felt sloppy. Kicked an extra point w/ Lutz and the rotation of the ball looked wobbly, as if the ball was slick. The rain beads on the helmets and players slightly slipping. It truly felt like a gloomy gameday.

When playing in the Superdome, they play the actual version of "When the Saints Go Marching In" that's played at an actual Saints game.

As others have mentioned, the emphasis on post-play celebrations brings a new level of realism that I didn't realize before. Like, I didn't realize how much players in real life celebrate after plays and how well it translates to this game. I threw a late game TD from Carr to Olave and Carr was really fired up. Cool to see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2023, 02:24 AM   #46
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffer26
Also another thing that would be nice to see is having WR's as gunners instead of just DB's. Matthew Slater comes to mind..is on the Pats roster solely for ST's and we can't even use him in the proper way.
They have no stats for special teams coverage at all. Guys like Taiwan Jones, Siran Neal, Tyler Matakevich, etc make whole careers out of being special teams aces but they're just useless pieces on Madden.
Old 08-23-2023, 09:11 AM   #47
MVP

XxKnicksRules215xX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
I have noticed some dynamic lightning in 4pm games. Played a game in Buffalo and it was dark by the 4th quarter.
Hmmm I’ve played on both systems at 4pm games and not once has the lighting changed.
Old 08-23-2023, 09:25 AM   #48
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

I've seen lighting changing often on Series X. Didn't realize it was an issue for others.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »