Home

Madden need an Eras mode like NBA 2K23 has

This is a discussion on Madden need an Eras mode like NBA 2K23 has within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-19-2022, 12:04 PM   #1
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Madden need an Eras mode like NBA 2K23 has

Sure it is a lot that Madden need to fix 1st. But in the long term, they really do need an eras mode. The 80s, 90s, 2000s and 2010s. I think it would be great. Relive the eras of Dan Marino, Joe Montana, John Elway, Warren Moon, Jim Kelly, Troy Aikman, etc.

When you think about it, NBA 2K had All Time Teams for years, specific year teams for years and now they added an eras mode on top of all of that. What do we have with Madden ? MUT, The Yard and Superstar KO which really all that could be called MUT.

Madden need an overhaul, a wow factor to their franchise mode. Coach trees isn't it. Momentum meter isn't it either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2022, 12:24 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden need an Eras mode like NBA 2K23 has

That would be SICK! I could go back and pick a rookie from an era and replay their career like I'm doing in 2k23. Might not ever happen but it's a dope idea.
Old 09-19-2022, 04:53 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

It would be really nice if Madden stepped up to NBA 2K levels like the ERAS, but I've never seen them do that EVER... maybe new leadership would get them there, just hard to hold breath on that one.
Old 09-19-2022, 04:59 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

Every sports game needs ERAs. But so much is wrong with Madden now, this is beyond the abilities of EA Sports coders, programmers and quasi former players on staff they have now. Hope 2K gets the NFL license someday so they can implement it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2022, 05:22 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Yep. If every sports game had the depth that Out of the Park has, and NBA 2k is getting very close to having as well, it would be amazing. I'd love nothing more than to return to different points in time to begin my franchise from with historical draft classes as well.

Sadly, I am not sure I ever see EA going down this route. Their priorities are clearly different from 2k's.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2022, 05:58 PM   #6
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

It would be a monumental task indeed. You're talking about 53 man rosters as opposed to 15 in the NBA. You're talking 7 rounds of draft picks for each draft class as opposed to 2 rounds in the NBA. We would need Playbooks for each era, brands, rules, play styles etc. We would need a global editor.

These are all things that we don't really even have now...no historical teams whatsoever, no classic stadiums, playbooks. I would love it but I don't ever see that happening.
Old 09-19-2022, 08:36 PM   #7
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

Honestly, Madden can't even get the modern era we're actually in right and authentic, there's no way they should take on the task of putting in multiple eras into the game.
Old 09-19-2022, 09:09 PM   #8
Rookie

ynkeecwby's Arena

It would be nice. Maybe once EA (or whoever) gets the license they can phase that in once they have a solid foundation. It will be a lot of work but I think alot of people would enjoy it. I’d love to see something like that (even a decade a year) added in between the Super Bowl and training camps instead of other updates/patches. That could help keep player interest in the game while saving the new features and current teams/updates for August.

The NFL tries to keep interest in the league year round so Madden should do the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »