Home

Madden 24 CPU vs CPU sliders COMPETITIVE mode

This is a discussion on Madden 24 CPU vs CPU sliders COMPETITIVE mode within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-06-2023, 06:49 AM   #17
Pro

Woad23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 24 CPU vs CPU sliders

Going to work on it this weekend. Hopefully start a new franchise with set sliders where all the players don’t have wr body types!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-07-2023, 08:59 AM   #18
Pro

Woad23's Arena

Made a few changes and I think I’m happy.

Catching is now 42- less wide open drops.

Ball security is now 40- seeing fumbles now on big hits or qb sacks.

Ints is now 45- just wasn’t seeing enough picks at 40

Tackle is now 42- a little help in run defense.

Threshold is now 100- I just love the way the game looks with this. Still seeing big plays and separation. Not seeing any unrealistic DT running down wr scenarios.

Def PI is now 50- I am seeing more plays on the ball and less body blow knockout animations.

Facemask is now 51- defense flowing to the ball more aggressively less running plays where the hb doesn’t get touched until he’s 10 yds down the field.

Block in the back 51- a couple more penalties during the game.

Intentional grounding OFF- hoping for more throw away less sack taking (not really sure if this helps but seems like it should!)

One last thing is I now make sure the starting qb of the team I’m playing has THROW BALL AWAY set to ON. (Shocking how many draft class qbs have this off. Any qb starting in the nfl should be able to throw the ball away.)

Game is playing really well with these changes. Curious as to how it will seem when I start my new franchise and am watching a sub par team instead of one of the best teams in the league.

Old 10-08-2023, 01:26 PM   #19
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11

soooo i was wondering.. im gonna try these out..

does the play call limit thing even happen for the cpu team ? or was it only a user thing,

but ya it would be nice if they open up the PBs more,

idk if the cpu only picks plays that have priority stars next to them,.. that are more likely to pop up in the coach suggested list, or what, but when u got o playbooks, there is soooo many good plays with no stars on them.... someone told me the cpu can pick all the plays they just lean more towards the priority ones, this is another reason i wish they would let us give cpus a custom playbook right before u start a game, or spend another 50-60 bucks on a 2nd controller, 2k basketball lets u do alot more...
Old 10-08-2023, 01:53 PM   #20
Pro

Woad23's Arena

It seems to work for CPU too. I am not 100% on this. The playbooks and play calling in general hasn’t been great for many many years. This is one of the reasons why many players control all 32 so they can give out specific playbooks.

Old 10-08-2023, 03:35 PM   #21
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad23
It seems to work for CPU too. I am not 100% on this. The playbooks and play calling in general hasn’t been great for many many years. This is one of the reasons why many players control all 32 so they can give out specific playbooks.

ya i always wondered that...

well im doing a niner franchise.. im gonna mix it up, watch one game, quick sim another.. alternate it back and forth, but the one really annoying thing that is killing me, when i do watch games, the horrible blocking on the HB screens... it just kills me its like a wasted play and easy sack, the qb wont throw it away soon enough and the DT comes in unblocked,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2023, 06:53 AM   #22
Pro

Woad23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by benton32
ya i always wondered that...

well im doing a niner franchise.. im gonna mix it up, watch one game, quick sim another.. alternate it back and forth, but the one really annoying thing that is killing me, when i do watch games, the horrible blocking on the HB screens... it just kills me its like a wasted play and easy sack, the qb wont throw it away soon enough and the DT comes in unblocked,

Yeah, I’m not seeing many sacks but lots of throws at hb feet to avoid the sacks. ESPECIALLY out of pistol.

Shotgun screens do much better. Actually had one break for a TD a couple games ago.

Old 10-09-2023, 09:26 AM   #23
Pro

Woad23's Arena

Unfortunately these didn’t stand up well to a franchise restart. They worked fantastic with my old really good team. The problems arose when I started watching my new terrible team.
They were too good over the course of a season.

My 71 overall QB was over 70% completion with around a 10 to 1 td to int ratio.

My very sub par oline and hb were averaging almost 6 yds a carry.

As a result I have gone back to straight default but with 85 fatigue and my qb edits to allow starters to throw the ball away.

Old 10-10-2023, 08:11 AM   #24
Pro

Woad23's Arena

Avg yds per carry were too high. This was caused predominantly by fast backs running zone runs out of shotgun. They would hit the hole and be through it before the lbs could react, leading to too many easy 10+ yd runs.

Testing raising threshold to 85 to close the speed differential a little. So far liking what I’m seeing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »