Home

Madden Amp help? Want to simply global edit att. and then play with edited roster?

This is a discussion on Madden Amp help? Want to simply global edit att. and then play with edited roster? within the Madden NFL Football PC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-05-2019, 09:49 AM   #9
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden Amp help? Want to simply global edit att. and then play with edited roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
I was taking the save file away from the document folder and referencing it outside

once i looked it up at the actual document folder i was good to go

Tomba edit incoming!
I normally copy the Roster file I want to edit into another folder, edit everything I want, save it often. Once you are done and saved it the final time make sure you close AMP so it writes the roster*.db file into the roster main file, then you can copy that roster file back into the Madden20\settings folder. You can also edit it right in the settings folder if you want, just make sure you make a backup everytime you edit it so if the last edit you did messes it up you at least don't have to start over from the beginning.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:55 AM   #10
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Madden Amp help? Want to simply global edit att. and then play with edited roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
I normally copy the Roster file I want to edit into another folder, edit everything I want, save it often. Once you are done and saved it the final time make sure you close AMP so it writes the roster*.db file into the roster main file, then you can copy that roster file back into the Madden20\settings folder. You can also edit it right in the settings folder if you want, just make sure you make a backup everytime you edit it so if the last edit you did messes it up you at least don't have to start over from the beginning.
thank you SGM
Old 08-05-2019, 01:19 PM   #11
Rookie

diamok's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Hey SGMRock,

I have no issue loading a roster into the editor, making changes and so on, everything looks as though it takes. I save the file, use the drop down "close" option under file, then exit the editor.

Then when back in madden 19, I load up the roster and none of my changes are there. Daaaaammmnnnnn yoooooouuuuuuu!!! (shakes fist at screen)

So, what are the steps you use? Does madden need to be running n the background, not need to be running, should a roster be loaded already in madden, or not, or something else?

The files are located in Documents/Madden NFL 19/settings...yes? These are the ones we edit, not some where else like in the VTRoot folders?

Again, totally baffled by it all right now...it seems so easy, but there has to be something I am missing...and I'm sure it's completely obvious, just alluding me at this time.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2019, 01:45 PM   #12
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

@diamok actually you want to make sure Madden is not running at all when you edit the rosters. If you open the roster up that you edited in AMP again does it show the changes you made?

Yes for Madden 19 or 20 the files you can edit with Madden AMP are in the
Madden 19
C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Madden NFL 19\settings
Madden 20
C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Madden NFL 20\settings

They will start with ROSTER-Name where name is the name of the roster in the game roster load menu, like the official one will say
ROSTER-Official with no file extension so when you open these in AMP you have to of course change the open window to *.* All files. I don't recommend you edit the Official one though make a copy and call it something else in the game and then exit the game and edit that file after you make a backup copy.

When you have the roster open and are editing it you will notice that AMP will make a *.db file so if you were to edit the ROSTER-Editme file you will see in the folder 2 files with that name
ROSTER-Editme
ROSTER-Editme.db

AMP is actually editing the db file and when you save it and close AMP it writes that ROSTER-Editme.db file into the ROSTER-Editme file and deletes the ROSTER-Editme.db file.

When you are done editing before you exit AMP you should click File, Save then File and Exit.

There is a bug where it doesn't update Overall of a player if you edit player Attributes. I made a player that was 83 overall 99 in just about everything, saved it, and went into Madden 19 and found that all the attributes I put at 99 were actually at 99 like I edited, but the overall was still 83, so I went in and edited that player in game change something from 99 to 98 and back to 99 and saved, and then it updated the players overall. It only seems to be overall that is doing this. All the traits and attributes save and update from the AMP edit but the overall just doesn't update.

Last edited by SGMRock; 08-05-2019 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-05-2019, 02:12 PM   #13
Rookie

diamok's Arena

@SGM - Thanks for the fast response and run down of what you do. I seem to be doing the same as you, but to no avail.

And yeah, reloading the roster in AMP shows the edits are there.

I'm not really doing anything important with edits, just messing around really, but I've used AMP for aloooooooooooong time (back with '07 and '08) and never ran into an issue like this. Course, it's a new build to deal with EAs latest moronic coding, so **** is bound to go wrong.

Anyway, thanks again and take care,
Old 08-05-2019, 03:40 PM   #14
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamok
@SGM - Thanks for the fast response and run down of what you do. I seem to be doing the same as you, but to no avail.

And yeah, reloading the roster in AMP shows the edits are there.

I'm not really doing anything important with edits, just messing around really, but I've used AMP for aloooooooooooong time (back with '07 and '08) and never ran into an issue like this. Course, it's a new build to deal with EAs latest moronic coding, so **** is bound to go wrong.

Anyway, thanks again and take care,
Silly question, are you loading the roster in game once you start the game up? Madden 19 always defaults to the Official roster so you have to go in and actually load the roster you edited then go to Manage Teams to see if the things changed.
Old 08-05-2019, 05:24 PM   #15
Rookie

diamok's Arena

Quote:
Silly question, are you loading the roster in game once you start the game up? Madden 19 always defaults to the Official roster so you have to go in and actually load the roster you edited then go to Manage Teams to see if the things changed.
You are correct, that is a silly question.
But yes I am...other ideas?
Let me add, I'm using the global edit feature to age everyone 30 years. Cause get those bastards out of my league bitch!

Really just wanna see what happens when everyone retires...actually, all I want is a fictional roster. I am completely burnt on the NFL as a whole and need something else. To bad the Alliance of American Football League died, hopefully the XFL will finish at least a season.

Annnnyyyyyywaaaaaayyyy

Last edited by diamok; 08-05-2019 at 05:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2019, 06:23 PM   #16
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

Hmm maybe that is why its not working, maybe its just something with what you are trying to edit. Making all the players 50-60 might be breaking something I don't know.

Try to just edit the attributes on player like a QB Free Agent or something making them a 90 something and see if that saves and loads right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football PC »