Home

The Career of Bryan Hurst (NHL 09: Be A Pro)

This is a discussion on The Career of Bryan Hurst (NHL 09: Be A Pro) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #481
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: The Career of Bryan Hurst (NHL 09: Be A Pro)

Yup, tough loss to swallow. Hursty played well, no mistakes, very nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2009, 03:45 PM   #482
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

Dec. 26, 2008

If you look at the definition of the word enigma in the dictionary there must be a picture of Pete Satt.

You may recall that I saw the phone number of Pete Satt, my agent, on my cell phone before it died the morning I was promoted to Chicago. It turns out he phoned me about 20 times that morning to pass along the news of my promotion. He left messages every 30 minutes starting at like 1:00 am. I don’t think he slept.

While I was a basket case the day I was promoted, Satt was busy showing his worth. He got a hold of my family who were travelling to Rockford to meet me for Christmas and arranged for a hotel for them to stay at in Chicago. Satt flew to Chicago met them as they checked in and bought them dinner at a nice Italian restaurant.

Satt made the necessary phone calls to secure three tickets for my mom, my dad and my sister to attend my first NHL game.

I was impressed when I found out all this from my family and attempted to thank him after the game which he attended. He found me first.

“Hey, Hursty, how did you enjoy your first game?” Satt asked as he gave me a big bear hug. I could barely breath not because of the hug but because Satt must have eaten onions with his hot dogs.

“It’s unbelievable how fast everybody here is,” I said. “In the AHL you might have like three or four guys a team who can skate like the wind. Here everyone is as fast as a bolt of lightning.”

“I see you didn’t get much ice time tonight. That will come with time along with some points,” Satt said.

“I see you had some hot dogs,” I said pointing to his shoulder that had some ketchup and mustard on it. “How in the world did you get that on your shoulder?” I asked.

“Must have happened while I was on the phone,” said Satt as he tried to wipe away the ketchup and mustard. He only ended up spreading the ketchup all over his shoulder.

“I want to thank you for taking care of my family. You really helped because I haven’t had my head on straight the last couple days,” I said.

“What do you mean? I know a chiropractor who can fix that,” Satt said, looking intently at my neck, like he was measuring it.

“No, no, I just mean there has been so much going on I’ve been disoriented, a bit overwhelmed,” I said.

“You mean you need like a shrink?” he asked. He wiped again at the ketchup spot on his shoulder with his finger and then sucked the ketchup off his finger.

“That’s not what I met. I just want to thank you for the assistance you’ve given my family. Everything is fine with me,” I said.

“No, problem. It was nice meeting your brother but how can everything be fine since you barely played. Do you want me to talk to management and demand more ice time?” Satt said.

“Holy cow, no, I don’t want you complaining to management after one game,” I said.

“Good because no one likes a complainer. They’d send you back to Hamilton so fast your head would spin,” Satt said, twirling his finger, pretending it was my head.

“I played in Rockford not Hamilton and you must have had an interesting meeting with my brother since I don’t have one,” I said. I was getting tired of this.

“Right, right, Rockford. One of my favorites places on the East Coast,” said Satt. “You look perturbed. Are you sure you don’t need a shrink?”

“Well, you are driving me crazy,” I said.

Satt was concentrating hard on the yellow and red mess on his shoulder, dabbing it with a wet finger. “What did you say? You’re driving what?”

“I gotta go. See ya, Satt.” I thought about telling him that Rockford was not on the East Coast but instead I turned and left because my brain was sore trying to follow his conversation.

Was this man really my agent?
Old 07-08-2009, 03:51 PM   #483
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Old 07-08-2009, 04:43 PM   #484
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

OVR: 35

Ha, that's hilarious Hursty, real nice job.

1000 posts achieved on December 21st,2008 at 2:26 p.m in the "birth of the Mighty Blazers" thread.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:46 PM   #485
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Good ol Satt!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2009, 05:40 PM   #486
MVP

Bolts_26's Arena

OVR: 37

That was a nice update Hurst.

Maybe get a new agent? haha.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:43 PM   #487
Pro

OVR: 17

Why didn't you post your second game bhurst? I saw it up on YouTube.
PSN: alexsportsguy (lame but whatever)

Old 07-09-2009, 11:40 PM   #488
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

NHL Game Two: Chicago at Minnesota

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »