Home

The Career of Bryan Hurst (NHL 09: Be A Pro)

This is a discussion on The Career of Bryan Hurst (NHL 09: Be A Pro) within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-28-2008, 01:03 PM   #81
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: The Career of Bryan Hurst (NHL 09: Be A Pro)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
That is a good setup then - I have considered upgrading, I am currently using an ATI All-In Wonder HD Tv Tuner, have had it a while now. The software that came with it was not good for gaming because the delay would be unbearable. So the best software that I know of out there is DSCALER - which is what I use, but unfortunately no sound.

Sorry for the tech talk on your BAP - if you have any suggestions or pointers about the Hava, pm me - or I'll pm you.

Let's get an update when you are feeling better
Can you record Xbox 360 and PS3 in high def using the component cables? I have a ATI All-in-Wonder but I only use it to record Xbox stuff because it doesn't have the proper inputs for HD gaming.

The Hava is really good but it only works in 720P or 1080i not 1080P. Even with the Hava there is a delay, though, if you're trying to play the game on the same system you are recording on. I have two monitors in my room. On one monitor I play the games on the XBox 360. There is no delay on that monitor. The other monitor is hooked up to the computer and records the gameplay. There is a delay of about a second on that monitor. That's my recommended setup. The second monitor can be really crummy, you're just recording your clips on there.

Hopefully, you can understand what I am talking about. I might not be explaining it very well. You can PM me for more info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2008, 01:14 PM   #82
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhurst99
Can you record Xbox 360 and PS3 in high def using the component cables? I have a ATI All-in-Wonder but I only use it to record Xbox stuff because it doesn't have the proper inputs for HD gaming.

The Hava is really good but it only works in 720P or 1080i not 1080P. Even with the Hava there is a delay, though, if you're trying to play the game on the same system you are recording on. I have two monitors in my room. On one monitor I play the games on the XBox 360. There is no delay on that monitor. The other monitor is hooked up to the computer and records the gameplay. There is a delay of about a second on that monitor. That's my recommended setup. The second monitor can be really crummy, you're just recording your clips on there.

Hopefully, you can understand what I am talking about. I might not be explaining it very well. You can PM me for more info.
Understand ya loud and clear, bud. That is a good set up and one I think I could definitely set up. From what I know the ATI AIW doesn't do component - the HD part is geared towards Antenna HD, it's on the back of the video card as a basic Antenna input (and comes with a small one as you may know). The adapter that comes with the AIW is what I have been using since I first got it, it has s-video inputs and composite, which is what I use.

As for actually getting a second monitor - might not happen considering my desk space, pretty tight - I think I can make do with what I got. I guess I'll just have to keep checking out some of the software out there that doesn't cause a delay. ChrisTV is the best I've used, but has just a slight - slight delay, enough for me to notice being a perfectionist and all.

Anywho - keep up the good work B, let's see an update soon - this is the best storyline I've ever read, and that's no lie.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:38 PM   #83
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

Photobucket
Old 11-30-2008, 12:52 AM   #84
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

Game Six: Norfolk at Rockford

Old 11-30-2008, 12:58 AM   #85
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Nice assist by Hurst there - y'all almost let it slip though. Not many highlights of the man, just an average performance - or was it a pretty defensive battle?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2008, 01:03 AM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 2

That goal against you were out that for shouldn't count as a minus you were on the penalty kill.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:12 AM   #87
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusducks
That goal against you were out that for shouldn't count as a minus you were on the penalty kill.
You're right! Now that I think about it, it actually didn't count as a minus in the stats. My error when I added the remark on the video.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:20 PM   #88
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

Oct. 24, 2008

I'll be honest. Coach Bill Peters scares me.

I know I'm suppose to be a big, tough, intimidating hockey player fearing no one but this man holds my future in his hands.

After his crazed outburst during our second game, we're all on pins and needles waiting for him to go nuclear again. We figure it's just a matter of time.

I didn't get much sleep last night after he told me yesterday that he wanted to see me first thing this morning before our game against Norfolk. I expected the worse -- more criticism about my inability to win key faceoffs. It seems like he tells me that after every game.

I went into his office this morning and he started complaining about our offense. All September and October the coaching staff has been emphasizing defense and now they complain about the lack of offense. You wish they would make up their minds.

"We can't score," Peters told me. "It's ridiculous how many games we've had go to a shootout already because we're scraping for goals. I've never seen such a collection of talent score so few goals. It keeps me up at night."

"Hurst, do you know what it's like to stay up all night worrying about hockey?"

"No," I lied.

"It's frustrating watching players shoot the puck into the goalie's body time after time. We get these great opportunites and we can't bury them," Peters said banging the desk with his fist. He was getting more and more angry.

"We should be undefeated with all the chances we've had. It's infuriating."

Why did I have to be alone with Peters when he started punching the nuclear codes into the computer? Here come the missles.

"It's bloody madness watching us hit posts, go offsides on odd-man rushes. It makes my blood boil," Peters said. You could see the rage ignite in his eyes.

Somewhere I imagined nuclear sirens going off like in one of those 1950s nuclear safety videos that showed school children trying to hide under their desks.

"So that's why effective immediately I'm promoting you to the second line."

"Huh," I replied.

"That's right. You're one of our top scorers so you're going to play with Fraser on your left wing and Versteek on your right wing," Peters said.

"Keep up your good play."

This was most unexpected this early in the season.

I got up from my chair, anxious to get out of that office before he changed his mind.

"Now for the love of God, Hurst, win a faceoff in the third period!"

That was great news. Fraser and Versteek were talented players and I would get more scoring opportunities playing alongside them than I would on the third line. Sure enough I went out and set up Versteek for one of our goals against Norfolk

But strangely I felt more relieved Peters hadn't exploded than joy about the line change. Professional hockey is one roller coaster of a ride.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »