Home

Actual Golf: General Tourney discussion

This is a discussion on Actual Golf: General Tourney discussion within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-17-2015, 05:31 AM   #81
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Actual Golf: General Tourney discussion

What a season.

Spieth and Day both breaking records. Not to mention Rory.

The next 20 years are going to be amazing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2015, 01:05 PM   #82
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
What a season.

Spieth and Day both breaking records. Not to mention Rory.

The next 20 years are going to be amazing.
I sure hope so. I'm hoping Spieth and Rory will be as big and as great as Phil and Tiger was. And I think Spieth shot something -54 total in all 4 majors this year, which is the lowest of all time.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:40 PM   #83
All Star

OVR: 13

That was impressive. Day went blow-for-blow with Spieth, and everytime Spieth applied the pressure, Day had an answer. Drove it dead middle all day, hit some monster putts, and generally went out, grabbed the tournament by the throat, and never let go. Hats off.

Also, Jordan Spieth's finishes in the majors this year: 1-1-4-2. This was a masterpiece of a season. One can't help but wonder what happens if the R&A doesn't send him out to play 1 hole in that tornado at St. Andrews that he subsequently bogies (and as everyone recalls, he finished 1-stroke out of the playoff...is anyone betting against him if he makes that playoff?).
Old 08-17-2015, 10:28 PM   #84
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

There were some other great shots and performances by the top 10 finishers. The announcers were talking about not just a Big 3, but possibly a Big 6 to compete for the next however many years.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:54 AM   #85
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
There were some other great shots and performances by the top 10 finishers. The announcers were talking about not just a Big 3, but possibly a Big 6 to compete for the next however many years.
Who would it include Rory, Jordan, Day (I would guess based off the PGA performance) and who else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2015, 12:55 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Who would it include Rory, Jordan, Day (I would guess based off the PGA performance) and who else?
Can't comment on all 6, but almost certainly includes Fowler. I would disagree with that sentiment, though. I don't think Rickie will ever display any consistent excellence. He is too prone to blow up holes... kind of like my game. I think he had another 7 or 8 on a hole at Whistling last week.

It really makes his performance at Sawgrass all the more impressive, and yet out of character. I wouldn't mind seeing him excel, but I think Sawgrass is the exception and not something we should expect throughout his career.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:08 PM   #87
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikwelity
Can't comment on all 6, but almost certainly includes Fowler. I would disagree with that sentiment, though. I don't think Rickie will ever display any consistent excellence. He is too prone to blow up holes... kind of like my game. I think he had another 7 or 8 on a hole at Whistling last week.

It really makes his performance at Sawgrass all the more impressive, and yet out of character. I wouldn't mind seeing him excel, but I think Sawgrass is the exception and not something we should expect throughout his career.
Yea that's why I didn't include Dustin Johnson in my OP either. He is a choke artist.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:10 PM   #88
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Golf is too unpredictable to make any definitive statements about 20-somethings. I'll just enjoy what unfolds and stay away from any grand predictions about a "Big-whatever" for a decade.

The Spieth bandwagon is strong though, that's for sure. People weren't even waiting for Day to finish the hole before moving on. It was kind of pissing me off. I gained a new-found level of respect for winning a major. The atmosphere around the final group is a zoo that you don't really get a feel for on TV. There's constantly people moving and making noise in the background for every single shot they hit. I can only imagine what it was like with Tiger.

Last edited by ImTellinTim; 08-18-2015 at 01:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »