Home

The OS Golfer's Thread!

This is a discussion on The OS Golfer's Thread! within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-04-2010, 01:07 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: The OS Golfer's Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
I need some recommendations, I need a driver. What's a good one for a post beginner, pre decent player?
Honestly...anything. Buy used for sure, and just make sure you like the size of the head and it's the right flex shaft. I'm a good player and have never used a driver less than 10 years old.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2010, 06:22 PM   #66
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

I used my gift certificate to golf galaxy to get this little number comined with their online save $50 when you spend $250. Looking forward to using it when it arrives.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 07-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #67
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Seems like you would have been better off upgrading your driver or putting that towards a new set of irons. They aren't even legal in USGA play. Takes away some of the fun and feeling of success that you judged it right imo.

But either way, there is a great iphone app that will take your GPS location and tell you how far from the pin you are(I assume middle of the green) for A LOT of courses. Pretty cool app.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:13 PM   #68
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marino
I need some recommendations, I need a driver. What's a good one for a post beginner, pre decent player?
One of the best things to do is find a golf only shop that sells used and new clubs with a demo range. That's what I did. That way you can take a bunch of clubs to the range and try them out and find one that works for you.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:54 PM   #69
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85
Seems like you would have been better off upgrading your driver or putting that towards a new set of irons. They aren't even legal in USGA play. Takes away some of the fun and feeling of success that you judged it right imo.

But either way, there is a great iphone app that will take your GPS location and tell you how far from the pin you are(I assume middle of the green) for A LOT of courses. Pretty cool app.
I'd venture to bet within the next 2-3 years they will be legal. Mainly due to a lot of players and also some higher ups who are starting to feel the technology push. The "feel" is all but gone in the USGA as it is as the yargage books over the years have gotten so detailed to the foot.

In any case until I'm playing for $ on tour there's no harm. I have the Golf Logix on Iphone (well when I get my new Iphone) and I own a Sonocaddie GPS.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-04-2010, 11:36 PM   #70
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85

Ehh, I bought Ping G10's last year and have a Burner driver and 3 wood, VR Wedges and a Method putter, don't need new clubs. USGA regulations are for tournament players not me, and many pros on tour use range finders in their practice rounds to map out all the yardages over the course they will be playing. (I've watched Tiger and Anthony Kim use them at Congressional the last two years in their practice rounds.) If you ever see a PGA players yardage book it has yardages to everything, laid out for them. Many use rangefinders over GPS because while knowing that the center of the green is 150 yards away they want to know how far to the pin in the back left exactly.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 07-05-2010, 01:39 AM   #71
MVP

OVR: 17

Mehh I'm not a fan of range finders either....Tiger wants to know that its 171 to the pin because he can hit it 171 on command. Us humans just need to know +/- 5 yards which is easily done by finding a yard marker and checking out the pin position on the green and doing an estimate of yards from center. I just don't see it improving anyone's game at all. But people can do what they want with their money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2010, 08:54 AM   #72
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC State-31 UNC-27
Mehh I'm not a fan of range finders either....Tiger wants to know that its 171 to the pin because he can hit it 171 on command. Us humans just need to know +/- 5 yards which is easily done by finding a yard marker and checking out the pin position on the green and doing an estimate of yards from center. I just don't see it improving anyone's game at all. But people can do what they want with their money.
Whether you use one while you play or use one the day before and mark in book all the distances(like the pro's)...it's the same thing.
To each their own though but in 2010 it's really no big deal...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »