Home

The OS Golfer's Thread!

This is a discussion on The OS Golfer's Thread! within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-01-2010, 09:11 PM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
The OS Golfer's Thread!

Not sure how many fellow OS'ers are avid golfers or even weekend duffers, but I thought I'd start a thread for us to discuss our outings, equipment, bounce tips off of each other, and just discuss the game that we enjoy.

Myself, I play every week just about, sometimes twice. Its rare that a week goes by that I don't sneak in at least 9 holes. I am playing this Saturday with my normal group. I'm hoping to fix what I broke last weekend shooting a 60 thru 9 holes.

Ok, I broke the ice....any other OS golfers out there?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #2
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: The OS Golfer's Thread!

My dad is a huge golf nut. Used to play every day. Tried to get me into it. But I've never been able to straighten out my natural lefty slice. Gannon, you'd laugh your butt off. I have to turn sideways and try to gauge my slice to try and land it on the fairway. Tiger Woods is about as close as I get to golfing nowadays.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 07-01-2010, 09:23 PM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I have a slice as well. Its not uncontrollable, but its there, especially with woods. Mid to short irons I'm fine.

Brian, you should get out and play. Its enjoyable. A bad day on the golf course beats the heck out of a good day in the office.

----

I just bought a new set of Ping G15 Irons and am loving them thus far at the range. Had them for about a month or so, but Saturday will be the first time I take them through a round.

Looking for a new driver now. Not digging the TaylorMade Burner I bought on special this past winter. Can't hit the dang thing.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-01-2010, 09:45 PM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Nope never got into it.........The 1st time I even ever paid attention to golf was when tiger woods was going for his 1st masters green jacket. Even then I didn't watch the whole thing, I just watched the very end.

Growing up if somebody from my neighborhood even walked near a golf course, we would have been arrested faster then a terrorist by 6 cops. I hear it is good for your health though. But then again doing any outdoor activity is good for your health and a great stress reliever.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:11 PM   #5
Pro

wrigleyville33's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm 17, and I've been golfing since 11. Every year I steadily get better. I drive about give or take 240-250. I finally broke 100 last summer when 16. I just got done with baseball season, so now it's officially golf season! I'm going to play this weekend. Hopefully it doesn't go too bad...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2010, 10:13 PM   #6
Pro

wrigleyville33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I have a slice as well. Its not uncontrollable, but its there, especially with woods. Mid to short irons I'm fine.

Brian, you should get out and play. Its enjoyable. A bad day on the golf course beats the heck out of a good day in the office.

----

I just bought a new set of Ping G15 Irons and am loving them thus far at the range. Had them for about a month or so, but Saturday will be the first time I take them through a round.

Looking for a new driver now. Not digging the TaylorMade Burner I bought on special this past winter. Can't hit the dang thing.
Hey, the clubs don't make the player, the swing does.

But, golf is somewhat enjoyable, when I'm not hitting it into the woods every time.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:18 PM   #7

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Bout time for this thread CB.

It's funny because I actually shot the best round of my life a couple weeks ago and was about to bump this thread. but then I decided to wait until I got a little closer to yours (82)!

I recently started a golf league and shot a dreadful 55 my first week and had everyone wondering why they let this new kid in (these are guys all in their 40's, 50's) but was able to follow it up the next week with a 42. Nice little improvement!
Old 07-01-2010, 10:21 PM   #8
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27

Man.
Im not good.

But so are my friends, so its fun.
I usually go 1 time per week, until this summer when I moved to New York.
I bought a new set of Callaway X-18 irons and they are awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

But yeh. I shot like a 86 on a par 67 the last time i golfed before i moved which isnt too bad

Follow me on Twitter yeah.
@WillSoistman
Dibs: Jennifer Aniston

"Success isn't earned, it's leased. Rent is due every damn day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »