Home

Tiger Woods 08 360 impressions

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods 08 360 impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-26-2007, 03:08 PM   #57
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Tiger Woods 08 360 impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBerthaEA
Too early to tell, but if TW07 was any indication (08 is MUCH more challenging across all skill levels), the answer would be "no". I am strictly a TOUR Pro player in 07, but have had to back down to Balanced (one difficulty level above Easy) in order to play halfway decently.
Come on you wimp, it's Tour Pro mode or nothing. I don't care how hard it is!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
I suck big time. I shot a 97 on default out of the box. To the practice range I go tomorrow. Peace!!!
All these impressions sound great, can't wait to pick this up. If this game has me shooting what I do in real life (110) out of the box then it is going to be amazing.

Last edited by rolltide1017; 08-26-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:26 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
Come on you wimp, it's Tour Pro mode or nothing. I don't care how hard it is!

All these impressions sound great, can't wait to pick this up. If this game has me shooting what I do in real life (110) out of the box then it is going to be amazing.
Alright I just got home from a long day of work and shopping for my son. Gonna fire this baby up and play default again. I'm only gonna try thumbstick this round instead of going back and forth. Lige BB said I did notice a little stutterin framerate in certain stuations. Peace!!!
Old 08-26-2007, 03:37 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1

Very interested to hear if the rubber ban AI for tournaments has returned this year or not.

Last year it didn't seem to matter if you were playing well or not. If you were having a bad round, the rest of the field was too. If you were playing the best round of your life, there was always 3 or 4 other guys doing the same.

I really hope it's not like this. It tends to take a lot of the fun out of it for me.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:51 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
1. Come on you wimp, it's Tour Pro mode or nothing. I don't care how hard it is!

2. All these impressions sound great, can't wait to pick this up. If this game has me shooting what I do in real life (110) out of the box then it is going to be amazing.
1. Come back here and tell me that again after you get the game...hehe.

2. When I first got the game I was scoring in the high 80's on Balanced difficulty, so it will be interesting to hear what others are doing....
Old 08-26-2007, 03:55 PM   #61
Rookie

ThomasP's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkie
Very interested to hear if the rubber ban AI for tournaments has returned this year or not.

Last year it didn't seem to matter if you were playing well or not. If you were having a bad round, the rest of the field was too. If you were playing the best round of your life, there was always 3 or 4 other guys doing the same.

I really hope it's not like this. It tends to take a lot of the fun out of it for me.
I would like to know this also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2007, 03:57 PM   #62
Rookie

ThomasP's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBerthaEA
I installed the PC version yesterday. It is a step backwards as EA has taken the Course Utilities out of the game so no more adding custom or previous version courses. Quite frankly, 07 is the better game at this point in time....

So basically EA just added 4 new courses and took out the CU?
Old 08-26-2007, 04:04 PM   #63
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Comparing it to TW07...

1)How is the lighting? is it dynamic like in NCAA08?
2)Cloth movement? Do the player models look less cartoonish?
3)How is the upload photo working out without a webcam?
4)How are the crowd graphics? Last year it felt tacked on like in Madden 08 oe NCAA 08...
5)Water effects?Building textures?The building textures looked pretty bad last year...
6)Rain?Do we have rain this year?

Just asking as I just wonder what has been specifically changed/improved...
Old 08-26-2007, 05:06 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 3

FWIW, the hype in here had me offer to go food shopping for the wife to check out the local Target next door and I was able to score a copy. It's just a matter of the kids bedtime now before I can check things out.

I gave TW06 a rental and skipped on 07, I was a huge Links fan on the Xbox so gathering what I have read here so far, this looks to be a great experience. I will share some impressions in a few hours after the rest of the house goes to sleep.... I'm not much of a reviewer, but it seems like many of you share similiar interests in golf sim games so I'll share my POV with you shortly...

Thank you Target and your teenager employees..

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »