Home

Tiger Woods 08 360 impressions

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods 08 360 impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-27-2007, 11:52 AM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Tiger Woods 08 360 impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave360
So bottom line, is the game improved over last year? I don't really play the Tour mode, just online and Tiger Challenge, along with rounds with friends. Is it worthy of a purchase for that?
I actually haven't finished the rest of my opening tour event as I have been playing the skills game and Tiger Challenge. It is very fun so far and pretty difficult at times.

I haven't tried to play rounds with people online and haven't had a group over to test multiple players, but I don't see how it could be a detriment to the fun that I am currently having while playing. The only reason I am taking break between playing right now is due to the kids needing things and I decided to charge up my remote & let the xbox cool off for a bit.

The gamernet feature is amazing in and of itself. Possibly a few too many menu clicks to re-attempt shots, but the concept and implementation is just brilliant. It brings a whole new game element and endless variables to challenge yourself and friends.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:57 AM   #138
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBaldwin
What is the big gripe about the spin issue? Is it mainly for on line play? If it is I understand but couldn't you set rules for that? My theory is if you don't like it, don't use it. I would rather have options and you have the choice to turn them on or off rather than having fewer options. Just like with past PC versions, I wanted the hardest swing level but in order to do that I had to play without the grids on the green which I didn't like.
Well if it's true that we're stuck once again with the ball camera because the folks who make this game think you should be altering the flight of the ball in mid-air then I see grounds for a big gripe.

Really, the issue is that you should be applying spin to the ball in a certain way based on how you strike it. Right now it's just flat out broken because if you don't do the midair spin thing (which most people around here shut off) then you need to hit the ball higher to spin it. The problem is that with a real club and ball you don't necessarily hit a golf ball higher to put more spin on it, actually you need to hit down on it harder and with a steeper swing. It's closely related to a lower type of shot in real life because you play it off your back foot but in this game they have it backward.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:21 PM   #139
Pro

OVR: 11

Spin in the air is not on tour mode...right? Just making sure!!
Old 08-27-2007, 12:28 PM   #140
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBerthaEA
1. I agree. I believe this will be addressed in 09.

2. Could not agree more. Don't think for a moment that I have not shared my complete disdain for this feature with EA.
Guess I'll be waiting for the 09 version then.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:33 PM   #141
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
Really, the issue is that you should be applying spin to the ball in a certain way based on how you strike it. Right now it's just flat out broken because if you don't do the midair spin thing (which most people around here shut off) then you need to hit the ball higher to spin it. The problem is that with a real club and ball you don't necessarily hit a golf ball higher to put more spin on it, actually you need to hit down on it harder and with a steeper swing. It's closely related to a lower type of shot in real life because you play it off your back foot but in this game they have it backward.
No, they don't. You have the loft stick that applies loft changes before the shot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2007, 12:33 PM   #142
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggerfish
Spin in the air is not on tour mode...right? Just making sure!!
Correct.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:53 PM   #143
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBerthaEA
What exactly do you mean? There is a setting to change the pins from Easy to Very Difficult(Hard).
RANDOM, meaning some pins may be easy, some hard, some expert, etc. I've always disliked how the Tiger game sets the pins as ALL of them are easy, hard, etc. - it would be better as "random."
Old 08-27-2007, 01:07 PM   #144
Pro

OVR: 7

The rubber banding returning is extremely disappointing. If the developers are reading the forums, then they aren't listening. I enjoyed 07 very much; until the tournament season. All the build-up and then absolute disappointment. Yes you could manipulate the AI into playing consistent rounds but it was still forced manipulation of the AI and extremely predictable results. It's not like we are asking for the AI to do anything special we are actually asking for it to do less bouncing around.

This is huge. It's crazy to be mad about shooting 8 strokes over your average in the first round because you now know you will win the tournament easily. It's crazy to be mad about shooting 8 strokes under your average in the first round because you now know you have no chance of winning the tournament.

I understand the need for it to accommodate the players that are never going to play enough to play scratch golf. Missing most cuts or losing by 20 strokes a round wouldn't be any fun either. Don't remove it, just add the option to toggle it.

If you can set the number of rounds I will hold out hope that will at least make the problem a little more bearable but I shouldn't have to sacrifice rounds to just get the AI to play consistent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »