Home

Augusta Par 3 Course Coming to EA PGA Tour

This is a discussion on Augusta Par 3 Course Coming to EA PGA Tour within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-01-2024, 07:24 PM   #17
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Augusta Par 3 Course Coming to EA PGA Tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkev
Or maybe, grasping at straws here... bringing back a LPGA Tour. It would explain having a female and male golfer. I did that in TW14 as well.
That would be great. I did the same and had two careers going on at the same time in TW 14.

But I don't know why he'd be starting a female one now, and then starting a new male career when the patch comes out? I would assume it would have been the other way around, if the next patch added the LPGA.
Old 04-01-2024, 08:51 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0

When the game released there was much discussion around a more simulation level of gameplay being added down the line which Oblong was exchanging posts around. I would absolutely dust down my controller for that but I’m probably being a touch optimistic on that one.
Old 04-01-2024, 09:50 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 0

On career mode, I can play the game anyway I want. But when it comes to tournaments and online play, they should really get rid of the swing meter for Sim.
Old 04-02-2024, 12:41 AM   #20
Pro

Dawgfan1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFRIG
When the game released there was much discussion around a more simulation level of gameplay being added down the line which Oblong was exchanging posts around. I would absolutely dust down my controller for that but I’m probably being a touch optimistic on that one.
This is mostly wishful thinking and hoping on my part, but that's what I'd like to see too. I recently finished a year of career mode with the hard settings I play on, and I'm mostly left just wanting the game to be much harder at the highest difficulty. Even if it requires adding a fifth difficulty level.

The game can be hard at times, but the biggest thing to me is that at pretty much every level, this game is nowhere near penalizing enough. The swing is straight back and forth at default, and even forcing myself to diagonal swing every shot it still feels like I have too much room for error in accuracy with my golfer leveled up. You're not penalized much for being too fast or slow (in Rory you could be up to 10% fast/slow, but this game it's only 4%). Even when you miss the fairway the lie penalties are way too forgiving at most courses (and from short iron distance, all courses), and the sidehill lies everywhere do next to nothing unless it's 15 degrees or more. Approach shots feel too forgiving with a Silver Finesse/Knockdown or better, and the short game feels way too easy to get it close as long as I aim properly, I have to way overswing and fast to get it even 10 ft past. And same for the putting stroke, way too easy to 2-putt.

I still have fun and the fact I still play the game is telling. But so many times in career mode I could phone it in for a round and still shoot 1, 2, 3-under and that shouldn't be the case, I want to sometimes be forced to work to play even okay at some tournaments. I'm having to resort to deliberately lowering my accuracy stats to make it harder, which I don't feel I should have to do.
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Soccer: Southampton and Atlanta United
Old 04-02-2024, 01:01 PM   #21
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
This is great….sure hope they add the other 3 Majors venues as well….Esp Pinehurst #2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They did!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »