Home

Augusta Par 3 Course Coming to EA PGA Tour

This is a discussion on Augusta Par 3 Course Coming to EA PGA Tour within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-31-2024, 09:02 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Augusta Par 3 Course Coming to EA PGA Tour

Idk....par 3 courses are a nice novelty and change of pace from time to time.

I would like replays and stats after a given exh. round.
Old 03-31-2024, 01:01 PM   #10
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkev
Yes, but weird it's not coming from EA account.
Honestly, it seems it's a numbers game. Get the news in front of more eyes who might be interested.

The Masters has 1.4M followers on both Twitter and Instagram. EA PGA Tour has 73K followers on Twitter and 39K followers on Instagram. That's a sizeable difference. And The Masters' accounts have been starting to pick up the pace on posts with the tournament just 2 weeks away.

Last edited by MrArlingtonBeach; 03-31-2024 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-01-2024, 04:47 PM   #11
Pro

After this, it also got publicized on Golf Digest and Golfweek, this is the last day of pro pass and still nothing from EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2024, 05:14 PM   #12
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkev
After this, it also got publicized on Golf Digest and Golfweek, this is the last day of pro pass and still nothing from EA.
The Golf Digest article was wrong, too...

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/ea-...ign=golfdigest

If Augusta National looks a little different to you, that's because for the first time, the famed Par 3 Course will be rebuilt in virtual form.

It was in TW 12-14... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway...I was hoping for something today, like the patch notes, if indeed the update with the Par-3 course is dropping tomorrow. They've released patch notes in the days before updates dropped in the past.

Part of me wonders if the update isn't coming right away, after the Pro Pass ends tonight - maybe it would be available later this week or even next week during actual Masters Week.

More wait and see, I guess.
Old 04-01-2024, 05:21 PM   #13
Pro

Dawgfan1's Arena

OVR: 2

I was thinking (mostly hoping) the Par 3 course would be added this year, and thinking that it wasn't there at launch because it was under renovation Fall-Winter 2022 and EA wouldn't have had time to model it. Glad to see that it's coming!

It is a little odd that there aren't patch notes launching early today like they usually have done, my only guess is that it being April Fools Day may have something to do with that. Or maybe the update is coming next week. Regardless, hoping the next patch comes with clarity on what content updates are to be expected this year! We've been speculating long enough, haha.
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Soccer: Southampton and Atlanta United
Old 04-01-2024, 05:58 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Step out for a bit, and look what happens...haha

Very good news! Glad more courses of any kind are on their way...new let's get the '24 major courses in there!

Also, and I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but ApexHound just released a new career mode video in which he started using a female character. But during the intro for the video, he said he's going to be starting a new male character career mode, too, in a couple weeks because "you'll see why"...

https://youtu.be/S8PViN8d4Pw?si=GdNDmcxqpWNJjUkZ&t=25

Reading your post I can only think career maybe getting an update where we can play as a Tour player. Can’t see any other reason to sideline your CAG for a new build. What do you think?
Old 04-01-2024, 06:08 PM   #15
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFRIG
Reading your post I can only think career maybe getting an update where we can play as a Tour player. Can’t see any other reason to sideline your CAG for a new build. What do you think?
That was something I saw mentioned elsewhere...would be worthy of a career re-start, for sure, if that's the case.

It seemed like Apex was gonna retire his old character anyway, but the fact he started to do a female career mode and is ALSO going to be starting a new male career mode makes it seem like there's more to it.

I also wondered if there'd need to be a re-start if they are adding in the 2024 major courses, and the code for the game would need to be updated to handle a rotation of 3 courses per event instead of just the 2? Rory only rotated 2 courses for each major as well by the end of it's life cycle.

One other thing I wondered was if they were going to make it so Marco Simone would also be added into the career mode schedule in some way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2024, 06:54 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
That was something I saw mentioned elsewhere...would be worthy of a career re-start, for sure, if that's the case.

It seemed like Apex was gonna retire his old character anyway, but the fact he started to do a female career mode and is ALSO going to be starting a new male career mode makes it seem like there's more to it.

Or maybe, grasping at straws here... bringing back a LPGA Tour. It would explain having a female and male golfer. I did that in TW14 as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »