Home

Old 02-03-2013, 04:32 PM   #9
Pro

ItsOrangeBaby's Arena

OVR: 5
Always wanted to try it out online. So shoot me a friend request on steam.
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Online Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by studbucket
Eletrickeeper: sorry, but I won't be joining your league. (didn't mean to get your hopes up)

I was more wondering how an online league in FM worked. FM13 is the first year I bought the game (did the FM12 demo for like 2 months). How could a friend and I do something together? Is there a link or video somewhere showing what needs to be done? Are there suggestions for the best way to make things happen, when to advance? How does advancing even work?

Thanks
I apologise in advance as i dont have FM in front of me but this is the general way to go about setting an online game up:

at the homepage, start an online game - in your preferences/settings there will be an option to name and password your game

once it is set up, get your friend to try and join a game from the home page, he should see a list of games, and yours should hopefully be there.

if this doesnt work, go into your game status/settings aand you'll see an ip for your game. give this to your friend and he can enter that manually which should work

if this doesnt, it is most likely a problem with your firewall (FM has historically always had this issue) so make sure your firewall allows FM through it

online games are twice as much fun, but take twice as long (only due to how long you take make sure the advance time (once one of you clicks continue, the other has a certai namount of time before it automatically continues) is on something like 30 seconds-1 minute to slightly speed things up, game speed difference is not noticable as long as your internet is half decent) make sure you have skype (if not playing in the same house) set up and a few beers and you will have a hell of a lot of fun!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »