Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Football Manager (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=214)
-   -   Online Game (/forums/showthread.php?t=596089)

electrickeeper 12-19-2012 11:43 AM

Online Game

I wanted to set up an online game, and am seeing if anyone would be interested. We could hammer out details on here. I do think it would be best to have guys start out in the same league, or at least leagues with the same schedule.

Anyways, my steam id is electrickeeper, add me or post in here if you want to try it out!

gyroman 12-19-2012 12:06 PM

Re: Online Game

I'm interested. never played an online game and I'm not sure how my connection will hold, but I'm interested.

ImTellinTim 12-19-2012 12:11 PM

Regarding the schedule thing, you can just set matches to always be on Wednesday/Saturday then make sure you run leagues that play at generally the same time (e.g. only run European leagues that play roughly August to May). You will not want to set up too many anyway for processing times.

We had a good one going with 4 here. Any more than that and you have trouble getting everyone in one place consistently. Leagues with more members will just have to flesh out simming rules that everyone agrees to. I'm not sure if it's fixed in 2013, but assistant managers would NEVER sell players in transfer windows or otherwise. Now that I think of it, I'm not sure if any of us in the save tried setting accepting transfers to the assman, so maybe that's the way around it. But you'll still want to make sure that everyone is around for sure for the transfer windows.

Anyway, I don't think I'll be able to commit to one of these this year. Even though they're very fun with a good group, it really is a commitment. Just thought I'd throw in a couple of suggestions from our experience over the past couple years. Hope you get a good one going, and be sure to update us all on your progress.

electrickeeper 12-19-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImTellinTim (Post 2044541174)
Regarding the schedule thing, you can just set matches to always be on Wednesday/Saturday then make sure you run leagues that play at generally the same time (e.g. only run European leagues that play roughly August to May). You will not want to set up too many anyway for processing times.

We had a good one going with 4 here. Any more than that and you have trouble getting everyone in one place consistently. Leagues with more members will just have to flesh out simming rules that everyone agrees to. I'm not sure if it's fixed in 2013, but assistant managers would NEVER sell players in transfer windows or otherwise. Now that I think of it, I'm not sure if any of us in the save tried setting accepting transfers to the assman, so maybe that's the way around it. But you'll still want to make sure that everyone is around for sure for the transfer windows.

Anyway, I don't think I'll be able to commit to one of these this year. Even though they're very fun with a good group, it really is a commitment. Just thought I'd throw in a couple of suggestions from our experience over the past couple years. Hope you get a good one going, and be sure to update us all on your progress.

Awesome, thanks for the tips! I was thinking 3 or 4 at the most simply for getting everyone online at the same time. Probably no more than 3 leagues either to keep the processing as fast as possible.

I'll keep you updated on how it goes! Really looking forward to trying this out!

electrickeeper 12-29-2012 05:50 AM

Not really a bump per se, but just checking to see if anyone would be interested in this?

I have no problems setting it up. Ideally 3 or 4 guys would be the max.

studbucket 01-03-2013 07:19 PM

Eletrickeeper: sorry, but I won't be joining your league. (didn't mean to get your hopes up)

I was more wondering how an online league in FM worked. FM13 is the first year I bought the game (did the FM12 demo for like 2 months). How could a friend and I do something together? Is there a link or video somewhere showing what needs to be done? Are there suggestions for the best way to make things happen, when to advance? How does advancing even work?

electrickeeper 01-05-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by studbucket (Post 2044579242)
Eletrickeeper: sorry, but I won't be joining your league. (didn't mean to get your hopes up)

I was more wondering how an online league in FM worked. FM13 is the first year I bought the game (did the FM12 demo for like 2 months). How could a friend and I do something together? Is there a link or video somewhere showing what needs to be done? Are there suggestions for the best way to make things happen, when to advance? How does advancing even work?

I've never done it, so I am just as clueless as you, sorry.

electrickeeper 01-05-2013 11:24 AM

I'm going to be on pretty much all day today, if you want to play, add me on steam.