Home

***The Official Football Manager Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official Football Manager Thread*** within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2009, 04:53 PM   #57

Bruins's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: ***The Official Football Manager Thread***

Yeah, star ratings are relative compared to your current talent.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:05 PM   #58
#ZOMBIENATION

Tomasperez9's Arena

OVR: 23

U-18 team just lost in the Cup Final to ManUtd, 5-3 in penalties. I'll blame this on myself for not allowing Fleck to finish what he started; he is currently slotted in the 1st team as the AMC and thus was unavailable for the youth game.

We are the Union; Join or Die.
Sons of Ben 'til I die!

Don't Tread on Me
Old 05-11-2009, 05:29 PM   #59

Bruins's Arena

Just scheduled a friendly at home against Finland on Sept. 6, 2008 as a warm up to our home qualifying match on the 10th against Poland.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:35 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasperez9
Ratings are all relative. My scouts gave him a 7. He is a 7* player for Fulham, but only 3* for Arsenal. The gulf in class between our two midfields is 4* I would then assume.

Attachment 15601
I had hoped, given the way he has been playing, that he would be a 7 star, period, regardless of club, as I was hoping to sign him.

Any recommendations for a DC? I've had Gallas and Djourou backing up Micah Richards and Toure, but Gallas is about to turn 33 and I'm looking to sell him. Thus, I need another player to slot in. I'm thinking Heitinga is a possibility, as my scouts say there isn't too much difference between him and Toure.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:37 PM   #61
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasperez9
U-18 team just lost in the Cup Final to ManUtd, 5-3 in penalties. I'll blame this on myself for not allowing Fleck to finish what he started; he is currently slotted in the 1st team as the AMC and thus was unavailable for the youth game.
Superman can't save everyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2009, 05:42 PM   #62
MVP

Well, I just won the quadruple, beating Man Utd. in the final of every competition. They just can't beat me.

I lost in the league to some weaker teams, such as Spurs and Portsmouth, so if I had played them in any of the finals, who knows?

By the way, if anyone is looking for a winger who can play every midfield position, including CM, I highly recommend Ribery as not only is he a great player, but my coaches and scouts have all made it a point to note that Ribery's personality and light-hearted nature rubs off on the other players, and my squad harmony stayed at Superb the entire season.

While the board was pleased with my management of the team, my job security is only "stable." What the hell? I just won the quadruple!
Old 05-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #63
#ZOMBIENATION

Tomasperez9's Arena

OVR: 23

I HATE MANCHESTER CITY! Every transfer target I go after they steal from me. This time it is Sully Muntari. I offer him 120,000 a week with a 2 mil signing bonus (the max I was allowed to offer) and Man City comes in with nearly twice that and wins his services. I bet he won't even step foot on the pitch too. Robinho, Darijo Srna, Vagner Love (only 2 appearances, yet they dished out 24m for him), Joleon Lescott, and Marik Hamsik don't even start. Ugh.

We are the Union; Join or Die.
Sons of Ben 'til I die!

Don't Tread on Me

Last edited by Tomasperez9; 05-11-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:47 PM   #64

Bruins's Arena

I don't know what year you're in, but for a CB, try Cristián Zapata (Udinese), Thomas Vermaelen (Ajax), Joleon Lescott (Everton), Mamadou Sakho (PSG), Philippe Mexès (Roma), Matthew Špiranović (Nürnberg), Neven Subotić (Dortmund), Federico Fazio (Sevilla), Domenico Criscito (on loan at Genoa from Juve)... I could go on and on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »