Home

***The Official Football Manager Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official Football Manager Thread*** within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2023, 10:36 PM   #10985
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: ***The Official Football Manager Thread***

FM23 is free for Prime Members

https://gaming.amazon.com/football-m...=operasport-20
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2024, 12:03 PM   #10986
Just started!

OVR: 0

Hi guys! I am a new player here. Just recently finished my first season on FM2024, this is also my first FM game and I just recently got introduced to football by my friend. I always thought that football was quite long and didn't really see how people were hooked by it. A long-time friend bought me the game and just said try it out. I'm quite a fan of Tycoon games and min-maxing stuff in games keeps me entertained.

I love how FM is just super deep and realistic regarding the players. Even though I don't really know much about football yet(or soccer, excuse me if I don't know what term I should use), the management, the number of things to do, like trying out which tactics work, players mood and relations toward you affecting their performance, monthly budgets and transfer budgets while considering what the board and fans want, made me like the game a lot.

I know I'm just barely scratching the surface. I would like to ask what's next? I know I can continue and do 2,3 or 10 seasons more. But what can I do further to min-max my team? What do I do with my head coach's salary? If I negotiate a lower salary for my coach do my club's finances go higher?

I know there are youths that I honestly don't understand yet, and some of my main team star players got angry at me for breaking the promise when they asked the youth to play more. I thought they were already playing a lot via 21s and under tournaments.

Also, one of my backup save files kinda lost the head coach? It still says before loading the game that I still manage Man UFC but after I load it, it just puts me into a screen where I select a new head coach and asks me to use a profile or create a new one?

Loving the game so far!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FM.jpg (64.0 KB, 54 views)
Old 04-08-2024, 06:57 AM   #10987
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephensburg
I know there are youths that I honestly don't understand yet, and some of my main team star players got angry at me for breaking the promise when they asked the youth to play more. I thought they were already playing a lot via 21s and under tournaments.
I found that the IA is not always consistent when it comes to this, it looks like some players have to go no matter how often they play.
Maybe it's a way to force players rotation and keep the game interesting.
Old 04-14-2024, 06:57 PM   #10988
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Hey it's been a while OS, I have to share my Bayer Leverkusen save now that they've wrapped up the league in real life.

I started this save all the way back in the FM 23 beta, originally wasn't planning to do it long term, but got so invested that I played it all through 23 and imported to 24. Really glad they introduced that feature this year. Not starting a new save until I win the league.

So, I took over Bayer right around the time Xabi Alonso did in real life but I have not had the success he has managed. It has been such a fun save though and I just wrapped up year 10. The bad news? I've come close to trophies but not yet managed a single one(pathetic). I've got the full Neverkusen experience in this one. I've got 4 2nd place finishes in the league and Bayern have not let up(hilariously, in every other FM save I've ever done, they seem to fall off a cliff, but now that I'm here...they're as dominant as ever).

Here's how my most recent, most successful season panned out, in the most heartbreaking fashion yet:
Spoiler

2 points off the top, I beat Bayern in a crucial match down the stretch. They dropped points, and I lost one stupid game in the last 3 matches that cost me the title. One stupid game against hated rivals Koln, thanks to a handball penalty and my leading striker missing a golden opportunity. I had the title and the curse struck again...

Despite that, this was my easily my favorite group of players and our playing style is in full flow. 94 goals scored and it's coming from all over the pitch. Just have to cut out those few 0-1 losses and silly draws to lower table teams. I did win manager of the year for the first time, which is nice.

I'm as determined as ever to get this title. Maybe Xabi doing it in real life will unlock the ability for me to do it in game lol. The Pokal has eluded me as well, I'm eager to get my hands on that one.

Oh and if you want to have a laugh, Graham Potter is still at Chelsea 10 years on

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »