Home

***The Official Football Manager Thread***

This is a discussion on ***The Official Football Manager Thread*** within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-09-2013, 03:01 AM   #4817
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: ***The Official Football Manager Thread***

Promoted!

Almost got fired in the beginning of the year since I started with 10 points in 8 matches, then went on a 19 games unbeaten streak.

Lost to Chelsea in the 4th round of the FA cup. Drew 1-1 at home and lost 1-0 at Stamford Bridge.

Lost to Cardiff in the 2nd round of Carling Cup.

Hoping to stay in the Championship for couple of years and then get promoted to PL. I have some nice young players, the board probably won't give me much for transfers so I have to rely on loans for the next couple of years.

46 games + 3 competitions, this season was really long.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:35 AM   #4818

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11
The ignominy of relegation is mine. While I understand the sheer impossibility of the task I undertook, i'm still largely disappointed. My second ever sacking, and my first ever relegation.

Also - no, I quit the accidental promotion one. I left Morecambe for Leeds, then realized I hated Leeds, so I started unemployed and then ended up at Zamora CF for all of one day, the club couldn't afford anything, not even the mutual termination of the staff, so I left. Ended up at Wacker Berghausen with 10 matches left in the season. To avoid relegation I need at least 6 wins, 1 loss, 3 draws. End up winning 3, losing 3 and drawing 4. Took a full year off, not intentionally, looking to redeem my stature in Germany though.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #4819
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Having a brutal time with injuries. Wilshere, Jovetic, and Fellani all have significant injuries. Told the board I could challenge for the title, and I am in 6th.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #4820
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10

Oh Robbie Keane...you kill me. Can't freaking score. 23 appearances....7 goals.

Only 17 shots on target out of 53.

He hits opposing backs more than the net.

Still on top of MLS, but I don't see how. We have more draws than wins at the moment.

EDIT: Keane away on international duty, slot Mike Magee into the center striker role, he scores two goals in a 4-0 romp at Columbus. First win on the road in five matches (five straight draws lol). My attack looked so much better without Robbie Keane.

Last edited by jasontoddwhitt; 08-09-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #4821
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Just got the sack from Arsenal. I asked for more time due the injuries but I guess it wasn't enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2013, 02:28 AM   #4822
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

It's like my guys just piss down their legs any time we play a Champions League knockout game. Bringing Tottenham to the CL two years in a row is something I'm happy about, but last year we got spanked in the first knockout round, and this season I just got beat by Juventus (away game) 0-3 in the first leg. Going to be tough to advance now.

Doing very well in league play. I am dominating this easy part of my schedule, which is nice; we've beaten Norwich, Nottingham Forest, and Ipswich Town by a combined 10-1 score. 2 points back of Arsenal in the top spot, Man U is only a point behind in 3rd, however.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 08-10-2013, 06:14 AM   #4823

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11
And so redemption begins. After two years of rejections, and many bitter feelings towards every team that rejected me, I've never been so inclined to succeed. I signed a three year, 3k/week deal with recently relegated Dynamo Dresden. I'm hoping they realize the whole club needs restructuring and we're in massive amounts of debt, bordering administration. I plan on reshaping this club from top to bottom. I imagine I'd get the expectation of Promotion since they were just relegated, but I'm hoping that wont be the case. First order of business, staff clearcut. Then cutting all the dead weight from the previous regime. Finding good players in youth systems and snatching them up, finding good loan deals to shore up a few weak spots, and sit tight on a small budget to try and recoup. I feel like next year is a good realistic 2. Bundesliga goal, and in five years I plan on breaking in to the top flight. Leaving in my path a wake of clubs that rejected my applications, or laughed off my interest.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:43 PM   #4824
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Beat Cameroon soundly 3-0.

In the second knockout round, we drew Argentina. Messi immediately scored in the 4th minute on a ridiculous FK because Messi. Then 80-year-old Carlos Tevez made it 0-2 in the 7th. Thought that was the start of a real blowout. But we somehow made it to the half down 0-2. Fired up the troops, and an early Altidore goal made it 1-2 with plenty of time left. Joe Corona then took advantage of a mistake and equalized in the 58th. Just as I was settling in for extra time, Argentina hit a long shot that deflected off a defender, past a helpless Brad Guzan, off the post and in. In the 90th minute. I managed one decent chance after that, but Altidore put it wide, and we were out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »