Home

#H2P... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on #H2P... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-28-2020, 11:12 AM   #481
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: #H2P... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty (NCAA 14)

Hey Moose,
Big fan of the dynasty. I wanted to do a dynasty like this with the 19-20 Pitt rosters. I know how to get the updated rosters but I was curious as to how I can get the Jersey/field edits that you have while ALSO using the new rosters. Any help is much appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2020, 04:04 PM   #482
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mje33pitt
Hey Moose,
Big fan of the dynasty. I wanted to do a dynasty like this with the 19-20 Pitt rosters. I know how to get the updated rosters but I was curious as to how I can get the Jersey/field edits that you have while ALSO using the new rosters. Any help is much appreciated.
So if you are on Xbox you could always check the Teambuilder vault for my gamertag, I know I have a Pitt team in there but not sure what the state of the unis and stuff is. My original creation for this dynasty had the blue and gold jerseys plus the royal blue and white throwbacks, but then I remember doing some screwing around some I'm not sure where it currently is. You could also search for other Pitt teams to see if anyone else had made something similar before TeamBuilder was shut down on the web. You could then swap that Pitt team in for the regular Pitt that is in the game. Then you could just edit your roster to match whatever is configured on the Pitt roster in the 2019-20 roster file. Would take a little bit of time to do that editing, but that would be how you would need to do it in order to get both the jerseys and the rosters. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Perry
That one hurts... Turnovers will kill ya.
No doubt. That was the one thing I said pregame was that we can't beat ourselves and make things easy on Ohio State, because they have just too good a squad to let them play with an advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Well it sucks to lose, you had some great moments. converting 4/5 4th downs was a big key in you keeping it close. Keyes had a monster game and the nice thing is this kid still has so much potential to grow.

You also now have something even more to play for next year. You were so close.
Yeah, what was interesting was we were best in the country on 4th down last season (like 13/18) or something like that so we went for it a bunch, but this season I had only gone for it on 4th down like 6 times or something up to this game, so that was a crazy change.

Keyes was sensational. He can catch anything, plus he is so big and physical that once he gets the ball he can really run through anybody, which is crazy. It's a shame I chose to make his position QB instead of WR when I was converting him from an ATH in the offseason. Not because it made him play any worse, but because he would have one hundred percent been on the NCAA All-Freshman team as a WR, plus would have probably even had a chance to be an All-ACC WR as well. I don't think there is any question that he will be getting a permanent move to WR in the offseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careless Whisper
Ugh, that's a brutal way to lose. Game went pretty much how I expected, with Keyes going off and it coming down to the last second - I was just hoping you guys could pull out enough stops to come away with the win.

And again those white unis absolutely POP in those pictures, especially alongside OSU's homes.
Yep, you really did call it, haha. Keyes was a monster, and he ended up with 17 catches for like 300 yards between the ACC Championship and the Fiesta Bowl, both against Top 10 teams. I don't think there is any doubt that he is destined to be a stud.

Thanks again for the thoughts on the jerseys! You're right, they are really awesome looking. I'm so happy with the Pitt jerseys right now, they are just so unique and give us a real sense of identity that we didn't have with the Navy/Gold. I know the one thing that some people (myself included actually) thought was that the blue jerseys should have stuck with white numbers instead of yellow, but I think the yellow pops and have really come around on it.

I can't wait to get some alternate uniforms coming next season as well; they are already in the works!

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 04-28-2020, 09:12 PM   #483
MVP

moose141's Arena

Tigers Extinguish Blazers, Reach National Title Game
Report by Matt Schmidlin | December 28, 2019

Top ranked LSU made sure that UAB's Cinderella story came to an abrupt ending, as the Tigers knocked off the Blazers, 55-30, in the Peach Bowl to earn a berth in the national championship game.

Heisman winner Joe Burrow led the way in the battle of the nation's top two passing attacks, throwing for 382 yards and 5 touchdowns on 28-for-35 passing. His counterpart for UAB, John Jacobs, also had a productive game, throwing for 349 yards and 3 scores on 27-of-49 passing, but where the Tigers severely outstripped the Blazers was their ability to be more than one dimensional on offense.

Behind the strong running of fellow Heisman finalist Nick Brossette, the Tigers had an astounding 603 yards of total offense, with Brossette's 165 yards and 2 scores on the ground helping provide a partner for Burrow's aerial onslaught. Brossette even got into the act there, catching 5 passes, including one for a touchdown, while Stephen Sullivan racked up 125 yards and 2 scores on 7 grabs for the Tigers.

By contrast, UAB had to pass all game, as they rushed for only 47 yards as a team in the contest. Jacobs did have his pick of option through this air, as his favorite target on the season, Quincy Perdue, added to his big season totals with 9 catches for 88 yards and a touchdown. Demetrius Davis added 9 grabs for 104 yards, while Brewer Hicklen had 5 receptions for 102 yards and a score.

The Blazers did their best to keep things close with the Tigers, and despite LSU scoring in just 4 plays on their opening drive, UAB actually held a 9-7 lead at the end of the opening quarter. However, LSU exploded for 28 points in the second frame and went into halftime holding a 35-23 advantage. The real turning point came as the teams traded scores late in the first half. After Brossette scampered in from 9 yards out with just over a minute to play, LSU looked to get into the locker room up 28-16. UAB responded with a 37 second scoring drive as Jacobs found Hicklen from 26 yards out for a gigantic score to cut the LSU lead to 5. The Tigers didn't just kneel and go to the locker room, however, as Burrow led them right back down the field in four plays again to score just before the half ended, rebuilding their 12 point lead.

"Those boys played a great game of football," LSU coach Ed Orgeron said. "They came at us with everything they had, and they knocked us back plenty of times. We just made sure that when all the fighting was done, we were still standing at the end of it. We showed shown great resiliency everytime things got close. Now we'll just have to do that again in one more game."

After that, two third quarter touchdowns by the Tigers pushed the game well out of reach, and UAB never threatened again.

With the victory, LSU will face off with fellow unbeaten Ohio State after the #2 ranked Buckeyes escaped a dramatic come from behind effort against Pitt in the Fiesta Bowl, winning in overtime, 40-37. It will set up a matchup between Heisman winner Burrow and his former school, and should be an incredible showdown.

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United

Last edited by moose141; 04-28-2020 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:35 AM   #484
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

OVR: 0

That's a gut-wrenching loss to Ohio State. I think the others have already picked up on the mistakes, the fumble couldn't be helped but those interceptions man! The Ohio State D# was like a swarm of bees around honey.

Once I learned that it was UAB, I had a feeling the game would go that way. That will be one hell of a matchup in the CFP final.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:38 PM   #485
MVP

moose141's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearz49ers
That's a gut-wrenching loss to Ohio State. I think the others have already picked up on the mistakes, the fumble couldn't be helped but those interceptions man! The Ohio State D# was like a swarm of bees around honey.

Once I learned that it was UAB, I had a feeling the game would go that way. That will be one hell of a matchup in the CFP final.
For sure! The one thing we couldn't afford to do was beat ourselves, and yet we still almost overcame it! It's a real shame, because this was probably our best chance for a year or two at a title, but like you said it's gonna set up an unreal matchup between LSU and Ohio State!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2020, 07:46 PM   #486
MVP

moose141's Arena

Coronation in Cajun Country
Report by Matt Schmidlin | January 13, 2019

It might not be Mardi Gras, but New Orleans is certainly going to party like it is tonight.

Playing in their home state, LSU jumped out to a 27-0 lead en route to a rout of Ohio State in the College Football Playoff National Championship Game, sealing the title with a 34-16 win.

Heisman winner Joe Burrow earned player of the game honors with a solid 246 total yard performance and a pair of touchdowns, beating his former school to cap off a historic individual and team campaign.

"It's been an absolute dream," Burrow said. "We have the best fans in college football, and to be able to win this for them and with them is incredible."

Playing in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome certainly gave LSU the 'home field' advantage, and the Tigers capitalized on an early Ohio State mistake to turn the tide of the contest.

After Burrow found Dee Anderson in the endzone to open the scoring, Dwayne Haskins led the Ohio State offense onto the field for their first possession. On his first pass, Haskins was intercepted by LSU LB Devin White, who took the football the other way for a 33 yard pick six that gave LSU a two touchdown advantage midway through the opening quarter.

"We've just got a fantastic overall football team," LSU coach Ed Orgeron said. "Our offense has gotten a lot of the credit, rightly so, but our defense came to play today and made some gigantic plays. EVery single one of these boys deserves all the credit in the world."

The Buckeyes offense never recovered in the first half, and after a pair of field goals, LSU was able to really stick the dagger in as Burrow scampered into the endzone from 2 yards out with under a minute to play in the opening half, giving the Tigers an insurmountable 27-0 advantage at the break.

Ohio State finally got on the board in the third quarter with a field goal, but Burrow led the Tigers right back down the field and as the game shifted to the final stanza, junior HB Grant Grigsby plowed into the endzone to push the LSU lead to 31 points.

With the game seemingly out of reach, Haskins did his best to provide compelling entertainment, as he scored on a read option halfway through the fourth quarter to make the score 34-10. Burrow followed that up with his lone mistake of the evening, as his pass was picked off by Ohio State's Adam Young on the next possession, but Ohio State wasn't able to capitalize and turned the ball over on downs. The Buckeyes did score on a long linkup between Haskins and Austin Mack with just over a minute to play, but their 2 point conversion attempt was stymied, keeping it a three score game and the Tigers were able to run out the remainder of the clock and induce their coronation as Kings of College Football.

For the full game recap and video highlights, check out the embedded video!

Up Next: Around the NCAA: Season Recap

Old 05-01-2020, 06:25 PM   #487
MVP

moose141's Arena

National Roundup: 2019 NCAA Season in Review
Report by Matt Schmidlin | January 16, 2020

For a full review of the 2019 College Football season, check out the video from the Pitt Panthers Football Network!

There was no stopping LSU in 2019. The Tigers were wire to wire winners in college football this season, finishing with an exclamaton mark of a victory in their home state to claim the national title and finish with an unbeaten 15-0 record. The Tigers are the second straight 15-0 title winner, following Washington's triumph last season.

Beyond the Tigers, only 3 other schools finished with just a single loss, with national runner up Ohio State joining a pair of Group of 5 schools in UAB (who lost to LSU in the national semifinals) and Arkansas State, who have a been a quiet juggernaut in recent years and finished this year at 12-1 and Sun Belt champs.

UAB's loss to LSU in the Peach Bowl certainly has hurt the future case for unbeaten G5 schools to make the playoff, but the leading team that was snubbed didn't help their own case in their bowl matchup. Possibly playing with a lack of motivation, Alabama fell to Texas, 30-23, in the Sugar Bowl for their second loss of the season. The Crimson Tide will be losing longtime starter Jalen Hurts to the NFL in the offseason, so it will be interesting to see if they can get back in the title picture after their last title game berth in 2016 (a loss to Clemson).

The story of the season had to be the resurgence of USC, as the Trojans (under the leadership of first year HC Robert Prunty and OC Kliff Kingsbury) rode grad transfer QB Jason Pellerin to an 11-2 season and a blowout victory over Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl after finishing winless in 2018. Matt Fink will take over the reins of the offense from Pellerin heading into 2020. Incredibly, Prunty has improved his teams by a combined 18 wins in the past two seasons, as his NC State squad had a 7 win swing in 2018 before USC's renaissance this season.

The second longest winning streak in the nation (behind LSU's 15 wins) is held in Joe Burrow's hometown of Athens, as Ohio won twelve straight games to finish 12-2 as MAC champions. Former Pitt OC Matt Canada had taken over for the Bobcats this season, and is said to be on the radar of many high profile schools after his incredible performances in Pittsburgh and Athens over the past few seasons.

Up Next: Pitt Panthers 2019 Season in Review

Old 05-02-2020, 09:31 PM   #488
MVP

moose141's Arena

So Close, But Yet So Far
Report by Matt Schmidlin | January 17, 2020

While the team may have changed, the end product ended up turning out the same for the Pitt Panthers. After winning the ACC in 2018 and making it to the College Football Playoff for the first time on the back of an incredible offense (in particular the rushing attack), the Panthers were forced to retool offensively under new offensive coordinator Mark Whipple. While they struggled to establish an offensive identity under the lack of a consistent ground game presence, the defense that Pat Narduzzi had become so known for as Michigan State's defensive coordinator finally came into bloom under the guidance of the fifth year head coach. Pitt's defense finally was a true dominant force, leading the nation in sacks and establishing an identity that put opposing offenses under constant duress. The defensive performances by Pitt's Top-5 unit nationally allowed them to dominate even when the offense struggled to put points on the board.

All told, the 2019 campaign was a massive success for the Panthers, while still feeling somewhat disappointing to Panther Nation. For a school that had just 7 seasons of 10+ wins in their history when Narduzzi was hired in 2015, the fact that the Panthers have won 11 games in 3 of the last 4 campaigns should not be understated by anyone. Panther fans are lucky to be in the greatest era of prosperity in Pitt football since the 1979-81 teams each won 11 games apiece. With that said, a loss in the College Football Playoff feels devastating, especially when the Panthers seemed to beat themselves more than the Ohio State Buckeyes did. Pitt seemed to be able to dominate the Buckeyes, but three turnovers led to 21 Ohio State points, which the Panthers overcame to force overtime on the final play of regulation before losing in overtime.

While Pitt will be ecstatic to have claimed their second straight (and second ever) ACC title after knocking off NC State, Panthers fans will be forced to taste the bitterness of losing the final scheduled matchup with rivals Penn State for the foreseeable future, after the Nittany Lions knocked off Pitt in triple overtime in Happy Valley. Pitt fans will at least be able to gain solace in knowing that the Panthers won three of the four matchups between the two schools in the renewal of the rivalry that began in 2016.

Other than a devastating loss to Louisville, which looked less embarrassing at the time when the Cardinals were 3-2 and nationally ranked, ended up nearly keeping them out of the playoff after the Cards finished the year with a dismal 5-7 record. However, Pitt's incredible strength of schedule was too much to overlook, as the Panthers managed to play the most ridiculous out of conference schedule in the country. Besides Penn State, the Panthers knocked off two conference champions in Ohio and UCF, as well as another bowl bound team in Tulane. I don't know if we will see another school play a non-conference gauntlet like that for quite some time.

Despite a season that finished in the same place as 2018, the resiliency showed by the Panthers to put together a stellar 2019 campaign will be important to note. After needing to reload offensively heading into this season, they will be forced to retool almost their entire starting defense for the 2020 campaign, looking to build on the successful foundation that Pat Narduzzi has established in his five years at the helm.

Up Next: Pitt Panthers 2019 Position by Position Review

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »