Home

#H2P... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on #H2P... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-22-2017, 04:10 PM   #81
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: #H2P... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty (NCAA 14)

#PANTHERNATION Show
Season 2, Week 9 Recap

In this episode, we recap the wild Pitt-Virginia matchup, before embarking on our customary around the NCAA recap. The Panthers add another recruit on the defensive side of the ball to their recruiting class, and we look ahead to a week that doesn't feature the Panthers taking the field!

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2017, 11:22 AM   #82
MVP

moose141's Arena

#PANTHERNATION Show
Season 2, Week 10

In this episode of the #PANTHERNATION recap show, we take a look at some Freshman Phenoms who have been making an impact for the Panthers this year. We then do our customary look around the NCAA, before we preview a Thursday night primetime matchup as the Panthers head to Atlanta to take on Georgia Tech!

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
Old 11-26-2017, 01:23 PM   #83
MVP

moose141's Arena

THURSDAY REVEAL
THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

Pitt @ Georgia Tech
#H2P #PANTHERNATION #PITTISLIT #BEATGATECH

Last edited by moose141; 11-29-2017 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:48 PM   #84
MVP

moose141's Arena

PRIMETIME MATCHUP
Season 2, Game 9
Pitt (6-2, 2-2) @ Georgia Tech (3-5, 2-3)

In this matchup, the Panthers head to Atlanta to take on the triple option attack of Georgia Tech. Can the Panthers slow down the power attack of JJ Green, CJ Leggett, and Matthew Jordan? Or will Georgia Tech run the ball down the Panthers' throats to pull off the Thursday night upset? Tune in to find out!

Last edited by moose141; 11-27-2017 at 10:50 PM.
Old 11-28-2017, 04:18 PM   #85
MVP

Knickerbocker91's Arena

OVR: 9

Pitt really escaped that game. Great turnaround in the second half, but DiNucci leaves the pocket way too often. Almost every dropback he rolled out the pocket when he didn't need to. I'm not of fan of the CPU playcalling when it comes to Georgia Tech, they tend to keep the ball way too often in the quarterback's hands instead of using the option effectively.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2017, 10:35 PM   #86
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Some thoughts on the latest game...

1. That Trips WR screen play worked out pretty well. Neat looking play.

2. You have an unusual amount of guys named Q(u)adree?

3. I noticed that your defense is a lot like mine--bad season stats against the pass and a top rush defense (GT is an odd matchup, I am more referring to the season totals). I've noticed this in some other dynasties also...seems to be a game calibration issue where cpu teams give up too many rushing yards and USER teams give up too many passing yards/cpu teams give up too few passing yards.

4. You roll out a lot to your right. Something I tend to do as well with dual threat guys. That's why my RT always gives up the most sacks--when I can't quite escape the pocket.

5. Lots of sweep/jet sweep type plays allowing you to get the edge. That was working all game especially with the pre-snap motion.

6. I noticed that you USER the safety? Is that what you normally do? Or was that something to combat the option? I tend to feel more comfortable in a phone booth so I always USER the DT.

7. Normally I'm not a fan of the video dynasty format (even if they're really good) so I was excited when you did a video and picture recap combination post a little while back. But, I actually found myself liking the video format more than I thought I would. Nice work.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:32 PM   #87
MVP

moose141's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker91
Pitt really escaped that game. Great turnaround in the second half, but DiNucci leaves the pocket way too often. Almost every dropback he rolled out the pocket when he didn't need to. I'm not of fan of the CPU playcalling when it comes to Georgia Tech, they tend to keep the ball way too often in the quarterback's hands instead of using the option effectively.
No doubt about it, we definitely got helped out by the way the CPU was utilizing their weapons in the option, plus I told my team through the coaching choices to take the pitch man and leave the QB, so I effectively tried to force their QB to beat me with his legs. With speedy guys like Whitehead and Brightwell chasing him down, I figured we could shut him down for the most part.

Definitely on DiNucci too, which is partly me holding on to the ball too long waiting for plays to develop, and partly me replicating the real way DiNucci played for us which was basically roll out into space all the time because he's not a great pocket passer. Definitely want to get him more settled in though, which hopefully the OL can give him just that split second sooner to make a decision! Thanks for checking in man!

Old 11-29-2017, 11:48 PM   #88
MVP

moose141's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Some thoughts on the latest game...

1. That Trips WR screen play worked out pretty well. Neat looking play.

2. You have an unusual amount of guys named Q(u)adree?

3. I noticed that your defense is a lot like mine--bad season stats against the pass and a top rush defense (GT is an odd matchup, I am more referring to the season totals). I've noticed this in some other dynasties also...seems to be a game calibration issue where cpu teams give up too many rushing yards and USER teams give up too many passing yards/cpu teams give up too few passing yards.

4. You roll out a lot to your right. Something I tend to do as well with dual threat guys. That's why my RT always gives up the most sacks--when I can't quite escape the pocket.

5. Lots of sweep/jet sweep type plays allowing you to get the edge. That was working all game especially with the pre-snap motion.

6. I noticed that you USER the safety? Is that what you normally do? Or was that something to combat the option? I tend to feel more comfortable in a phone booth so I always USER the DT.

7. Normally I'm not a fan of the video dynasty format (even if they're really good) so I was excited when you did a video and picture recap combination post a little while back. But, I actually found myself liking the video format more than I thought I would. Nice work.
One of my idols as far as dynasty reporting, really appreciate you taking the time to watch the game/commentary!

I'll do a response by numbers as well...

7. I know the video dynasty format is tough just because it's hard to just flip through a video so it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I just love commentary and sharing video highlights, so I can't help with the video! I used to do the full writeups/recaps like yourself on DynastyNation(DynastyManager) and here, and that's definitely for people to flick through when time is of the essence. I will for sure try to reincorporate the pics on all of the PantherNation Recap shows so that all of that info is more easily accessible, I appreciate the feedback on that!

1,2,5. To the gameplay, yeah, Pitt has two guys named Quadree/Qadree, and they're both key offensive players so you hear a lot about them haha! I tried to make the playbook similar to Pitt's IRL that they used in 2016 and to a similar extent in 2017, so I incorporated a lot of plays that have pre-snap motion, jet sweeps, and things like that. The jet sweeps seem to work fairly well if you have a speedster like I do with Henderson, so I try not to cheese them and call them pretty infrequently, but I do try to incorporate motion on a lot of plays.

3. On the defense, yeah, I definitely agree overall that the rushing defense always ends up ranked highly while the pass gets gashed, though I think this is partly also due to the sim stats in the game as teams seem to favor the run much more than pass in the sims, and you don't have as many teams passing for 300+ every game like you do IRL, which when I end up with fairly realistic stats in pass yardage against, compared to the sim teams it looks much worse haha. The OS Community sliders have done a good job of varying the game though, I had a few games (Clemson and BC namely) where I actually was getting torched on the ground which was a nice change of pace.

4. On the QB rollout, yeah DiNucci isn't the best pocket passer, so it's good to get him out in space where at least if he doesn't have a fairly open target to throw to, he can use his legs and do something. I have a similar type player on my bench in Pickett, but he has a much stronger arm and so he may be the QB of the future since it'll open up the deep game which we've been missing from my last season.

6. Defense wise, I will kind of mix up who I am USERing based on the play, but I usually USER either the MLB or the SS (Whitehead - just because he's one of my favorite players to use), and occasionally a DE. I don't straight up USER lock to a position, just because I may change who I'm controlling on a play by play basis, but I do try to not let myself switch players mid play just so that player ratings and such do actually play a bigger factor in my defense. It definitely does contribute to me making some bonehead plays on occasion and just whiffing on tackles, but that just keeps things more interesting!

Thanks for the comments guys, I love playing the dynasty and sharing it but the best part is getting to interact with you guys about it; really gets the immersion factor going!

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »