Home

#H2P... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on #H2P... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-17-2020, 11:50 AM   #929
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: #H2P... PITT IS IT! - A Pitt Panthers Dynasty (NCAA 14)

Around the NCAA: Week 1
Report by Matt Schmidlin | August 30, 2021

Top Storylines

Georgia on my Mind -- Led by a four touchdown outburst from sophomore QB Karter Ford, Georgia exploded to a 35-0 halftime advantage en route to a blowout 49-28 victory over Alabama, dethroning last year's national champions in Tuscaloosa. Bryan Hand ran for 97 yards and 3 scores for the Crimson Tide, while Matt Perry was more Chanandler Bong than Chandler Bing in his debut for Bama, throwing for just 144 yards and 2 INTs on 12-of-35 passing. Tyler Morris, previously profiled as one the nation's best receivers, had 7 catches for 181 yards and a score in the victory for the Bulldogs.

Richards to the Rescue -- True freshman QB Tristan Richards, the #1 QB recruit from last season, starred in relief for Washington, taking over on the final drive and leading the Huskies to a 35-31 victory over the Wisconsin Badgers. Richards was 5-for-6 passing for 39 yards and the game-winning touchdown with just under 2 minutes to play, relieving starter Casey Pearson who was 10-for-16 passing for 122 yards, 1 TD, and a pair of INTs.

Freshman Phenom Stars for UNC -- Freshman SS Paris Fontenot tallied 4 TFLs and a pair of sacks to help lead North Carolina to a 38-21 victory over East Carolina. The youngster finished with 7 total tackles on the day in earning ACC Defensive POTW honors. UNC senior HB Sam O'Donnell racked up 101 yards and 2 scores on the ground as well as 91 yards and a TD receiving to earn ACC Offensive POTW honors in the same contest.

Week Two -- Marquee Matchups

#6 Texas A&M @ #3 Florida -- College Gameday Game of the Week
#22 Notre Dame @ #1 Clemson -- Chick-fil-A Kick Off Game
NC State @ #11 Alabama
#7 Pitt @ Tennessee
#10 California @ Colorado
#14 Oregon @ #20 Penn State
Iowa @ #15 West Virginia
USC @ #4 Texas

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 09-17-2020, 03:09 PM   #930
MVP

moose141's Arena

#PantherNation Preview: G1 vs. Tennessee
Report by Matt Schmidlin | September 3, 2021

What: #7 Pitt (0-0) @ Tennessee (0-0)
Where: Neyland Stadium, Knoxville, TN
When: Saturday, September 4, 2021, 3:30 PM EST

Game Line Pres. by FanDuel: Pitt (-5.5)
ESPN Prediction: Pitt

Last Meeting (1983): 13-3 Pitt
All Time Series: 2-0 Pitt
Dynasty Series: First Meeting

Matchup to Watch: Pitt Receivers vs. Tennessee Secondary

With a new signal caller at the helm of the offense, Pitt will need to rely on a veteran-laden group of receivers and tight ends to provide a viable outlet for the passing game. Led by Biletnikoff winner Jay Keyes, the Panthers sport 7 (4 WR, 2 TE, 1 HB) returning pass catchers from a season ago that had double digit receptions. However, the Panthers will face a tall task against a stout Tennessee secondary that possesses the speed to keep the Pitt wideouts locked up all afternoon. Senior Damian Hill will likely draw man coverage against Keyes, while Andre Roberts should be able to stay stride for stride with Benjamin Ogden. A key matchup to watch will be Hakeem Nelson in the slot, as he looks to shadow the 'Jersey Jet', Paul Lees. With Tennessee's speed in the secondary, the Panthers will need to be creatively offensively to find a way to get separation for their pass catchers to make things easier for new starting QB Acey Reese.

Players to Watch: Pitt Linebacker Corps

Defensively, the Panthers return 3 significant contributors on the defensivive line as well as basically their entire secondary. However, the middle third of the defense will essentially be completely new, with a makeshift unit featuring a converted safety (Quel Hampshire), former JuCo prospect (Calvin Carlson), and an underachieving big time recruit (A'Darrion Mitchell). Pitt's linebackers will have a significant role to play in the success of the Panther defense all season, needing the help shore up the run defense while also offering pass coverage against tailbacks and tight ends. For Pitt to slow down Tennessee, they will need their linebackers to be very solid in run defense, forcing the Volunteers to lean on their inexperienced QB John Gooden to win them the football game.

What to Expect on the Field This Saturday

SOUND OFF: Will the Panthers open their season on a high note and leave Knoxville victorious?

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
Old 09-17-2020, 03:20 PM   #931
MVP

Careless Whisper's Arena

OVR: 0

I sometimes forget that Keyes' rating is lower than his production, because his stats play out as if he's a 95 overall, haha. That's a tough matchup for Reese in his first start, the Vols' defense looks pretty stout. Their offense has some players too, but at least you don't have to worry much about the quarterback killing you on the ground. Can't wait for this one!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2020, 10:49 AM   #932
Rookie

Tyro11's Arena

Looks like there could be 300+ yards of rushing total in this game lol. "Relatively" weak front seven's versus some dawgs at RB. Know you'll want to pass with those receiver but that Vol secondary is legit.
Old 09-19-2020, 09:30 AM   #933
MVP

Tearz49ers's Arena

It has been a while since I have been around here and it is obvious I have a lot of catching up to do, to see where this Panthers team is since my last check in months ago. Hope all is well bud.
Old 09-19-2020, 01:36 PM   #934
Rookie

Jerromy's Arena

Definitely following!!! Gonna catch myself up on your previous seasons
Old 09-21-2020, 04:15 PM   #935
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careless Whisper
I sometimes forget that Keyes' rating is lower than his production, because his stats play out as if he's a 95 overall, haha. That's a tough matchup for Reese in his first start, the Vols' defense looks pretty stout. Their offense has some players too, but at least you don't have to worry much about the quarterback killing you on the ground. Can't wait for this one!
I will echo C.W.'s comments in regards to Keyes rating. After winning the Blit.. Did you consider giving him a big rating bump. I feel like he deserves to be a 95 Overall as a Junior and 99 as a Senior.

Also can't wait for Game 1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2020, 06:12 PM   #936
MVP

moose141's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Careless Whisper
Oh for sure, haha, he's one of those guys that just plays like a 99 even when he isn't! Just has the unreal physical tools that seem to help him find the ball.

Tennessee definitely is not the tune-up game that we'd like to start the season with, that is for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyro11
Looks like there could be 300+ yards of rushing total in this game lol. "Relatively" weak front seven's versus some dawgs at RB. Know you'll want to pass with those receiver but that Vol secondary is legit.
For sure! Both teams are pretty well stacked around the field, so it's just a matter of who can make more plays on a consistent basis that will end up winning this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearz49ers
It has been a while since I have been around here and it is obvious I have a lot of catching up to do, to see where this Panthers team is since my last check in months ago. Hope all is well bud.
Tearz! Good to see you around, hope all is well on your end as well! Always great to see some familiar faces popping in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerromy
Definitely following!!! Gonna catch myself up on your previous seasons
Thanks, appreciate you checking in! Hope to have you along for the journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
I will echo C.W.'s comments in regards to Keyes rating. After winning the Blit.. Did you consider giving him a big rating bump. I feel like he deserves to be a 95 Overall as a Junior and 99 as a Senior.

Also can't wait for Game 1.
Nah, I did not give him that upgrade, though maybe that could be something that I consider doing in the future if I have a player who overachieves or something... I figure he can just play to his ratings, and the fact that he is still only an 87 or whatever means maybe he could have a regression who knows! Plus, ratings seem to be proven to not be everything, because when you look at our #3 receiver Ogden, his ratings say that he should be our number one guy and yet he just has not made an impact for us to this point heading into his redshirt senior season.

If a guy gets hit with the random progression bump then they can be a boom or a bust, so I like letting things progress organically in that fashion.

I'm excited for this season as well! Sorry for the delay guys, have had a very busy last week or so and so the Tennessee game will be up within the next day finally.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »