Home

A Rising Storm in the North | Cheese's Eastern Michigan Dynasty

This is a discussion on A Rising Storm in the North | Cheese's Eastern Michigan Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-05-2016, 06:15 PM   #849
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: A Rising Storm in the North | Cheese's Eastern Michigan Dynasty

Cal and Texas laying the hammer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-05-2016, 06:47 PM   #850
Rookie

gamerMark's Arena

If that loss to Toledo didn't sting before, it sure does now!

That's the kind of loss coaches always talk about never getting over.

A nice bowl win should ease the pain a bit, good luck.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:17 PM   #851

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

80-31?! My god! I guess they got the memo that they needed to run it up.

I am glad the Wisconsin-Iowa game was close. I am rooting for a national championship rematch between those two schools. Don't know why, just very curious to see how the game's logic handles this scenario.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2016, 10:22 PM   #852
Rookie

Iron Dragon's Arena

Cal for sure trying to make a statement to jump to #2.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:34 AM   #853
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Coach P putting in more work! Conference title season 1 is unbelievable! Clearly the spread option has been working wonders with the personnel at SMU this year. Hopefully we can squeeze into the Top 25, I tend to notice your chances of moving up increase a lot when your team finishes ranked. Really looking forward to the offseason.

Too bad EMU got matched in the same division with the best team in the MAC this regular season (until the CCG that is). I think you guys could've taken care of Toledo the second time, but it has to hurt a little knowing you guys beat Kent in the regular season.

Cal though......from the scores you show us, 80 seems like a frequent number for some reason, I wonder why.

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:39 AM   #854

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookWork123
Cal and Texas laying the hammer!
Yeah, I was amazed by the beatdown those two schools handed out. Some very close games and some blowout games. Thanks for checking in man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerMark
If that loss to Toledo didn't sting before, it sure does now!

That's the kind of loss coaches always talk about never getting over.

A nice bowl win should ease the pain a bit, good luck.
No kidding, I would have never thought in a hundred games, that Kent State would upset Toledo. Like you said it stings to know that the conference champion is a team we handled by a double digit scoreline. The rivalry with Toledo and Ryan Cubit is becoming one of the biggest storylines of these early years for us.

With Toledo now not in the running for a BCS bid, our bow destination is completely up in the air.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
80-31?! My god! I guess they got the memo that they needed to run it up.

I am glad the Wisconsin-Iowa game was close. I am rooting for a national championship rematch between those two schools. Don't know why, just very curious to see how the game's logic handles this scenario.
I was shocked by the Cal scoreline. Their offense is something else. An interesting sidenote, your boy Steve Ellis has been defensive coordinator since coming over from Mid Tenn State during the 2012 offseason.

Wisconsin is a must for the National Title game. Where it starts to get interesting is looking at who their opponent will be. Heading into conference championship week Stanford was number two despite not even playing for the conference title. They have one more loss but beat Cal during the regular season. With the showing in the Pac-12 title, Cal has a pretty good argument. I think overall it will end up being either Cal or Stanford. After that the next most likely teams would be Iowa or Texas but I think either of those would be a longshot. This is the BCS though so anything can happen.

Thank you as always my good friend for the great feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Dragon
Cal for sure trying to make a statement to jump to #2.

They certainly put the pounding on UCLA. I don't think anyone saw Cal coming this season, considering they went 2-10 last season. Thanks for checking in ID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
Coach P putting in more work! Conference title season 1 is unbelievable! Clearly the spread option has been working wonders with the personnel at SMU this year. Hopefully we can squeeze into the Top 25, I tend to notice your chances of moving up increase a lot when your team finishes ranked. Really looking forward to the offseason.

Too bad EMU got matched in the same division with the best team in the MAC this regular season (until the CCG that is). I think you guys could've taken care of Toledo the second time, but it has to hurt a little knowing you guys beat Kent in the regular season.

Cal though......from the scores you show us, 80 seems like a frequent number for some reason, I wonder why.
You are putting in work at SMU! Hands down the best season of any of the CAC's. Some inside information for you, you will be headed to the Autozone Liberty Bowl to face West Virginia. Should be a good battle of high scoring spread offenses. I would think with a win, you would crack the Top25 by season's end. As far as your contract, you are on a one year deal, so either SMU will try to lock you down for the longterm, or I would think you'll get scooped up pretty quickly. A head coaching gig is not out of the question.

It definitely stings a little to see Kent State (a team we handled by two scores) walk away with the conference championship. I really would have liked another shot at Toledo, but as they say that is just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

Cal's offense has been out of this world this season and their quarterback Kyle Boehm has to be Heisman frontrunner in my mind. He is having a ridiculous season.

Thanks for the great feedback and checking in!

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 03-09-2016, 09:10 AM   #855

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1
Year 4 (2014), Humanitarian Bowl Preview

2:00 PM ETSuni

Suni#15 Eastern Michigan
(10-2, 7-1 MAC)

SuniIdaho
(10-2, 5-1 WAC)

2:00 PM EST, December 30, 2014
Bonco Stadium, Boise, ID

Humanitarian Bowl Preview: Eastern Michigan - Idaho

AP Boise -- The Eastern Michigan Eagles, ranked fifteenth in the polls, will meet the Idaho Vandals in the Humanitarian Bowl, played on the famous blue turf of Bronco Stadium in Boise, Idaho. The two teams have only met once before on the gridiron back in 2004, when Idaho went to Eastern Michigan and defeated the Eagles 45-41. This is the fourh consecutive bowl appearance for Eastern Michigan but their first time playing in the Humanitarian Bowl. For Idaho, this is their second consecutive bowl appearance. They lost last season in the Hawaii Bowl to Kansas 31-17.

There is no secret to how the Eastern Michigan offense works. They run the ball and they run the ball a lot. However, there are questions surrounding how effective their ground game can be with both of their explosive duo out. Halfback Joel Humphrey was lost early in the season to a torn quadriceps muscle and star tailback Robert Thomas suffered a broken collarbone in the team's regular season finale against Akron. The Eagles will now turn to redshirt sophomore Brian Parks to carry the load. Parks has played well so far this season, spelling Thomas for most of the year.

It has been a magical season for the Vandals as they took the college football world by force, storming to a ten win season. Their only losses on the year came at the hands of Ohio State and an upset loss at the end of the season to New Mexico State that knocked them out of the polls. Idaho will be hoping to bounce back and finish the season on a high note. Three-year starter Michael Wells heads a very prolific and efficient high scoring offense. Lining up behind him in the backfield with be speed tailback Kenny Bassett.

Tune into ESPN for full coverage of the Humanitarian Bowl game starting at 1:30 pm est.

Matchup Preview | December 30, 2014
@
#15 Eastern Michigan Eagles
(10-2, Away)
Idaho Vandals
(10-2, Home)
Season Leaders
M. Iannotti – 123-263, 1883 YDS, 15 TD, 20 INTPassingM. Wells – 186-341, 2711 YDS, 31 TD, 13 INT
R. Thomas – 296 CAR, 1678 YDS, 21 TDRushingK. Bassett – 209 CAR, 1145 YDS, 5 TD
N. Vaughn – 34 REC, 574 YDS, 6 TDReceivingM. Major – 70 REC, 1074 YDS, 14 TD
Head Coaching Comparison
Dan ClaytonHead CoachRobb Akey
3Years with Team3
(39-14)Head Coach Record(28-21)
Injury Report
HB Robert Thomas* (84)
Broken Collarbone - Out for Season
WR Mitchell Crockom (72)
Torn Tricep - 1 Week
HB Joel Humphrey (72)
Torn Quad - Out for Season

Roster Matchup
Eastern Michigan Eaglesvs.Idaho Vandals
POSName (yr) - RatingPOSName (yr) - Rating
QBMark Iannotti (rs-jr) - 82QBMichael Wells* (jr) - 85
HBBrian Parks (rs-so) - 73HBKenny Bassett* (rs-sr) - 92
FBDylan Brooks (sr) - 68FBCameron Outlaw (fr) - 57
WRNick Vaughn (jr) - 80WRMarquan Major (sr) - 80
WRReggie Johnson (so) - 75WRMarco Hollis (rs-so) - 67
TEJay Phillips (so) - 74TERoderick Young (jr) - 56
LTLincoln Hansen (rs-sr) - 72LTKyle Salm (rs-sr) - 69
LGShawn Sinawe (rs-sr) - 78LGBrandon Gunn (rs-so) - 61
CJosh Woods (rs-sr) - 76CDallas Sandburg (rs-sr) - 81
RGBobby McFadden (rs-sr) - 69RGMike Thompson (rs-jr) - 61
RTSean Holley (rs-so) - 69RTFreddie Robertson (fr) - 66
LEMike Mackey (fr) - 76LEMaxx Forde (rs-sr) - 75
REDavid Tyson (rs-fr) - 68RERyan Ena (rs-jr) - 68
DTTremayne Smith* (jr) - 82DTKarel Kearney (rs-sr) - 82
DTMichael Coleman (fr) - 69DTMartin Williams (so) - 57
LOLBJeremy Curry (rs-sr) - 68LOLBHayes Pullard* (rs-sr) - 86
MLBJoel Hicks (fr) - 64MLBLeon Chapman (rs-fr) - 56
ROLBTony Sharp (rs-so) - 71ROLBElan Richard (rs-jr) - 71
CBWes Dunlap (so) - 70CBTravis Lane (jr) - 68
CBJeremy Ernst (so) - 69CBLawrence Sims (so) - 66
FSAlbert McDaniel (fr) - 77FSDion Bass (rs-jr) - 78
SSChris Dunlap (rs-jr) - 73SSJeremy Hardin (rs-so) - 72
PKLarry Taylor (so) - 79PKWillie Washington (so) - 78
PKody Fulkerson (rs-sr) - 80PWillie Washington (so) - 79

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2016, 09:51 AM   #856
Rookie

Iron Dragon's Arena

Re: Year 4 (2014), Humanitarian Bowl Preview

Idaho looks to have some stars and then a very average roster elsewhere, as long as Bassett doesn't get going, I think this should be a W for EMU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »