Home

Old 12-02-2019, 10:13 AM   #65
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Disney+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
Actual machete order skips The Phantom Menace and shouldn't be done because 1) Darth Maul is awesome and 2) it's unnecessary. If they try to deprive you of Duel of the Fates, they can't be trusted.
From what I read and understood at the time, Machete Order lists it as optional. I don't know why.

The pod race scene was HT excellence, too.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2019, 11:06 AM   #66
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

The prequels went into the politics of how got to where we were in the original. Without getting into spoilers, I understand the why of the ideology of the Empire. Honestly, I thought of parallels to the world today. The originals didn't have that kind if depth to me. And like I said, I knew some of the Star Wars universe already so I wasnt really shocked by anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
Actual machete order skips The Phantom Menace and shouldn't be done because 1) Darth Maul is awesome and 2) it's unnecessary. If they try to deprive you of Duel of the Fates, they can't be trusted.

When you say the prequels are more layered, what do you mean?
Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-02-2019, 11:31 AM   #67
Hall Of Fame

Master Live 013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
As far as the original six films, I was recommended Machete Order when I saw them all for the first time, and I can't imagine going any other order that would have had a greater impact for me.
  • Episode 4
  • Episode 5
  • Episode 1
  • Episode 2
  • Episode 3
  • Episode 6
  • Episode 7
  • Episode 8
Seeing Episode I - III before VI allowed me to:

Spoiler

As far as Rogue One, I don't know if it's because of the "downgrade" that you get in visuals and effect going from R1 to IV (especially the Vader corridor scene to Vader vs. Obi Wan) or the prequel effect of seeing Leia at the end after having seen Episode IV, but I don't know if I like seeing that one first as much. I feel like Rogue One should just be watched at any point after Episode VII. I like getting Rey as our first female lead, and then you can go to Jyn thereafter.

Oh, and unless they continue that Solo timeline, **** that one. I doubt it's on Disney+ right now anyway for contractual reasons.
Spoiler
Old 12-02-2019, 12:48 PM   #68
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

Having The Sandlot is a big plus for me. One of my all time faves.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB
Old 12-04-2019, 01:37 AM   #69
All Star

Just saw Togo got a new poster and just saw that the mandalorian 7th episode is coming out on Wednesday the 18th instead of the 20th. I guess they figured it was better to have it not be the same night has opening night of Rise of skywalker.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:35 PM   #70
All Star

Togo got a trailer looks amazing and music sounds amazing to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUOiouEIf2k
Old 12-04-2019, 06:53 PM   #71
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
Togo got a trailer looks amazing and music sounds amazing to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUOiouEIf2k
Never heard of it but man this looks really good, never thought I'd be excited to see a movie like this....can't wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2019, 12:25 AM   #72
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
Never heard of it but man this looks really good, never thought I'd be excited to see a movie like this....can't wait.
You have never seen the animated movie Balto from 1995? It was based of the same store. I had not heard of Togo before this but both Balto and Togo are from the same event that happened. Its basically about sled dogs that are trying to take some medicine threw a storm 600 miles to save people. Its a cool true story and i love dogs and wolves so yeah i am pretty excited about this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »