Home

ESPN Cleaning House

This is a discussion on ESPN Cleaning House within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-26-2017, 07:47 PM   #25

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: ESPN Cleaning House

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Ah yeah, after reading the explanation from Ehh I can see that would be toxic conversation fodder. I was just curious what the abbreviation was referring to that's all.

Oh I know your intent wasn't to start anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2017, 08:04 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Much like society, there's no coming back from what ESPN has become. It will just keep going until it's gone.

The two go hand in hand, really.

Watch league-specific networks. How long have I been saying this?
The NFL Network is so bad, though. I love the MLB Network, and much prefer it for baseball news. But man, I can't deal with the NFL Network, at all.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:39 PM   #27
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay D
The NFL Network is so bad, though. I love the MLB Network, and much prefer it for baseball news. But man, I can't deal with the NFL Network, at all.
I can't either, actually. The NFL Network used to be an amazing refuge for rational thought and analysis. A true alternative to the trash ESPN had.

But they became the same exact thing.

I hope and pray MLB Network doesn't become the same thing. Hopefully they see what's happening and heed the warnings.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:17 PM   #28
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Sucks to see Kanell go. I love Russillo and Kanell, so I'm interested to see what Russillo does now. I don't know how SVP's SportsCenter is doing, but maybe he'll drop that and return to radio.

Watch me play video games
Old 04-26-2017, 09:40 PM   #29
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
This is what they get for going full SJW.
Guys,

Please refrain from this type of talk. I get the terms but we keep politics strictly off OS and SJW (Social Justice Warrior) is a very strong political term these days.

Only warning.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 04-26-2017, 10:00 PM   #30
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
I can't either, actually. The NFL Network used to be an amazing refuge for rational thought and analysis. A true alternative to the trash ESPN had.

But they became the same exact thing.
I think the issue with NFL-N while similar, isn't quite the same as what destroyed ESPN. I think the main issue is that NFL-N has too many jock/personalities now. They're playing up the superfluous rather than digging into the content about the teams they cover. An example of the locker room/too many athletes syndrome is the rather contrived debate segment done with Heath Evans and Deion Sanders which amounts to 5 minutes of wasted air time.

Their reporting on the Romo situation before he retired was also very ESPN-like and a bad sign for what has mostly been a pretty good network.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 04-26-2017, 10:07 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 14
ESPN Cleaning House

I grew up watching sportscenter, baseball tonight, Sunday NFL countdown, etc. It's sad to see what this network has become.

Get rid of ESPNEWS, possibly even ESPN 2 at this point.

Drop down to sportscenter, baseball tonight, their NFL shows, pti, 30 for 30, otl, a show like sorts reporters, where actual journalists aren't afraid to take shots at the sports figures and leagues.

Have one morning talking heads show, but it needs to be a journalistic sports show. No people yelling over each other.

It's not too late for them to turn it around. If they can return to having journalistic integrity; being able to challenge the status quo in sports, they can regain their followers.

Peter Gammons, John Kruk, and Harold Reynolds... That team back then was money in the bank.

They need this generation's Stuart. They don't have one. They need the guy who's just gonna be like screw it, and just go with his own flow. Whether you liked Scott or not, you respected that he was real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2017, 11:14 PM   #32
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Kanell hurts....he was my favorite talking head personality at the network.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »