Home

Amazon Pilots

This is a discussion on Amazon Pilots within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-06-2018, 11:40 AM   #33
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: Amazon Pilots

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
He killed it in 13 Hours imo. Think he'll do very well in this role. Wondering if they go the more book role, which has him more the analyst type, or they continue the movie style where he's more operator. I've read the entire series (including the Jack Ryan Jr. books) and am really looking forward to this.
Yeah...the book fan of me would love more like the books, but they always change that. I know he's awesome and all, but making him like Jack Reacher is a bit much for me. Hopefully it'll be a good balance.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:36 PM   #34
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Yeah...the book fan of me would love more like the books, but they always change that. I know he's awesome and all, but making him like Jack Reacher is a bit much for me. Hopefully it'll be a good balance.
What always got me was the had some great operator characters in John Clark and Ding Chavez. But none of the movies ever gave them enough material. Oh well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-2018, 05:41 PM   #35
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
What always got me was the had some great operator characters in John Clark and Ding Chavez. But none of the movies ever gave them enough material. Oh well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Exactly...I'd love a Rainbow Six movie to be honest. That storyline is awesome. Just searched google and apparently they're trying to get that movie made.

Ding and Clark are pure awesome. It's really hard cause they have to cut so much out of a book to make it work...I try to not be that "book is better" guy, but these are crazy long.

I like the newer books but i'm behind now. Need to get some out of the library, the new writers are good enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2018, 05:14 PM   #36
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Getting into Sneaky Pete. Not as good as Goliath and Mrs. Maisely, but an interesting plot. I don't really like
Spoiler
as the bad guy. Looks like he's trying a bit too hard.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:20 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Couldn't agree more about 13 Hours .... watched that twice and mainly because of him. Time to shake the Jim mystique.

Since this is where talk of Amazon series is happening, I guess, I want to plug "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel". You might think this is a chick series by simply looking at the series poster/thumb, but it's far from that. Set in the late 1950's, it's basically about a Jewish gal, Midge Maisel, who thinks she's settled in her story-book married life to a guy who, though working in the textile industry, has dreams about becoming a stand-up comic. Only problem is, he's not good. Along the way, Midge discovers that stand-up could actually be more her thing. There are twists and turns along the way. What largely makes it for me are the witty comeback lines during the regular dialogue, especially those given to Alex Borstein (who many of you know from MadTV and her Ms. Swan character and as the voice for Lois Griffin), who plays her eventual business partner. For me, having Tony Shalhoub and Kevin Pollack as the respective (very) Jewish dads of the center couple polishes this series off well, especially Shalhoub. Rachel Brosnahan, who plays the lead role (and is quite the looker) does a phenomenal job for which she won a Golden Globe. Clearly, I highly recommend.
This was some good stuff. Midge's (Rachel Brosnahan) parents could have been a little less manic at time, and Shalhoub's father character a little more centered, but I liked them both. I hope the mother leaves the tea leaves behind.

I agree Brosnahan is gold and her back and forth with Susie (Borstein) is highly entertaining. I liked the Midge stand up bits, and the inclusion of real time legend Lenny Bruce. Jane Lynch's guest starring almost "dual role" was probable some of the best work she's ever done.

Fabulous season one ending. On the downside they haven't even began shooting for season two!!
Old 02-12-2018, 10:23 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
Exactly...I'd love a Rainbow Six movie to be honest. That storyline is awesome. Just searched google and apparently they're trying to get that movie made.

Ding and Clark are pure awesome. It's really hard cause they have to cut so much out of a book to make it work...I try to not be that "book is better" guy, but these are crazy long.

I like the newer books but i'm behind now. Need to get some out of the library, the new writers are good enough.
An RB6 movie would be amazing.

BTW, totally agree about 13 Hours.
Loved that film.
Just bummed that Jack Ryan isn't due till August.

Sent from my LG-K210 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-13-2018, 01:13 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Bosch gets a season 4 premiere date (Friday, April 13th), an official season 4 trailer, and a renewal for a season 5.

Old 04-06-2018, 06:52 PM   #40
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Just finished Patriot. Didn't realize this came out in 2015. People who caught it then must be jonesin' for season 2 which will apparently only be released sometime this year! Man, that's a long wait! But this is really unique. Great cast, twist, turns, dark comedy, drama, interplay. Just the right amount of quirkiness. Highly looking forward to season 2. You'll recognize Red from That 70's Show and John Locke from LOST. Both are very good in this. Even one of the Pitch Perfect cast made it in! Highly recommend.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »