Home

Amazon Pilots

This is a discussion on Amazon Pilots within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-14-2017, 07:50 PM   #25
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Amazon Pilots

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I'll give it a try but I don't know...........

The pilot was pretty good. I think it has a chance to be pretty good overall. Still waiting for Jean Claude Van Johnson personally. That was great and I can't wait for more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2017, 08:18 PM   #26
Greatness Has Arrived

Burns11's Arena

OVR: 16

I didn't care for The Tick pilot personally, I think Warburton just set way too high of a bar.

Jean Claude Van Johnson was great though
Old 10-14-2017, 10:15 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Amazon just released Season1 6 episode series based on the Lore Podcast. Never listened, but we just watched all 6 episodes today.

Enjoyed it very much. If you enjoy story telling, check this is out

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2018, 02:31 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Superbowl spot for Amazon's ten episode Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan series premiering August 31st. Stars John Krasinski, Timothy Hutton, and Wendell Pierce.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:52 PM   #29
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

I'm in but I'm a huge Clancy book fan...a bit more of the past vs the new non Clancy stuff, but those aren't bad. Very interested to see how John does, given that we just somewhat recently binge watched The Office, and it's tough to see him as not Jim.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:25 PM   #30
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
I'm in but I'm a huge Clancy book fan...a bit more of the past vs the new non Clancy stuff, but those aren't bad. Very interested to see how John does, given that we just somewhat recently binge watched The Office, and it's tough to see him as not Jim.
He killed it in 13 Hours imo. Think he'll do very well in this role. Wondering if they go the more book role, which has him more the analyst type, or they continue the movie style where he's more operator. I've read the entire series (including the Jack Ryan Jr. books) and am really looking forward to this.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:02 AM   #31
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
He killed it in 13 Hours imo. Think he'll do very well in this role.
Couldn't agree more about 13 Hours .... watched that twice and mainly because of him. Time to shake the Jim mystique.

Since this is where talk of Amazon series is happening, I guess, I want to plug "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel". You might think this is a chick series by simply looking at the series poster/thumb, but it's far from that. Set in the late 1950's, it's basically about a Jewish gal, Midge Maisel, who thinks she's settled in her story-book married life to a guy who, though working in the textile industry, has dreams about becoming a stand-up comic. Only problem is, he's not good. Along the way, Midge discovers that stand-up could actually be more her thing. There are twists and turns along the way. What largely makes it for me are the witty comeback lines during the regular dialogue, especially those given to Alex Borstein (who many of you know from MadTV and her Ms. Swan character and as the voice for Lois Griffin), who plays her eventual business partner. For me, having Tony Shalhoub and Kevin Pollack as the respective (very) Jewish dads of the center couple polishes this series off well, especially Shalhoub. Rachel Brosnahan, who plays the lead role (and is quite the looker) does a phenomenal job for which she won a Golden Globe. Clearly, I highly recommend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2018, 03:58 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I finished up Bosch recently -- great show. Bosch is getting more and more unhinged each season. He's an ******* as a character, but he's very well played.

I love how season 3 ended. It's crazy seeing the J. Edgar character in this compared to how he was as Marlo in the Wire. Totally different guys, he does such a good job as Edgar.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Finished S1 and S2 myself. Liked S1 more than S2, but both were really enjoyable.

On a different note, I've been waiting for the Jack Ryan series to drop.
I went online Saturday to check it out, and low-and-behold, the 56min pilot was available to stream.
I started playing it, but didn't want to watch it on my laptop.
I closed the browser, fired up the Amazon app on my Smart TV and it wasn't there. Only trailers.
Went back to the laptop and sure enough, the Pilot was gone.
Very odd.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »