Home

Official "I want to build a New PC!" Thread

This is a discussion on Official "I want to build a New PC!" Thread within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #17
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Official "I want to build a New PC!" Thread

Wtf. My order was cancelled because they over sold them. It says ETA: 04/05/2012. So I am hoping if they can keep it placed and just ship when more arrive.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #18
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85
$129.99
With Promo Code: EMCYTZT1401
Free Shipping!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...m-_-20-148-442

128GB SSD. 5* rating. I'm not gonna build a new PC until at least the end of summer, but thinking about jumping on this for my current one.

Looks like Drive prices are going to continue to be high as well = http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...h_through_2014
They are going to let me still have it for $129 since my order got placed, then cancelled.

Even if I am not going to build a new PC until the end of the summer at the earliest, would it be wise to go ahead and get it? Or should I see if SSD prices start to come down as the technology gets a little bit older?
Old 04-11-2012, 12:27 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
They are going to let me still have it for $129 since my order got placed, then cancelled.

Even if I am not going to build a new PC until the end of the summer at the earliest, would it be wise to go ahead and get it? Or should I see if SSD prices start to come down as the technology gets a little bit older?
I would say wait until you're ready to actually use it. Prices will keep dropping.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
With the MS Office I have you can only have it installed on 3 machines. Does that mean you can only use the code 3 times and it dies? Or is there a way to deactivate one of them. I ask because I have used one of them on the HDD I am about to stop using whenever I install this SSD. I have a laptop with Office Starter on it which is fine, but I would like to have it on my desktop too. I would do a new install whenever I build my brand new one and that would be the 3 uses.
It is based off a code generated by your system devices. It should allow for changing a hard drive, but people have had problems in the past. You can call Microsoft though and usually you can get it fixed if you are replacing a hard drive, cpu, etc.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:01 PM   #21
Little Big Puig

elTodd's Arena

OVR: 24
Gonna build a new PC here in the next week or so. Any recommendations on certain processors, motherboards, video cards, etc?

I'm looking to build a solid gaming rig, but I don't want to spend more than $1000 or so. I'm a newbie when it comes to building my own rig, and admittedly don't know too much about the newest hardware.

I know many of you know your stuff, so any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #22
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by elTodd
Gonna build a new PC here in the next week or so. Any recommendations on certain processors, motherboards, video cards, etc?

I'm looking to build a solid gaming rig, but I don't want to spend more than $1000 or so. I'm a newbie when it comes to building my own rig, and admittedly don't know too much about the newest hardware.

I know many of you know your stuff, so any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

This is pretty much what I plan on getting at some point during the summer.

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/M...px?ID=26708368

Best price for a SSD right now. Under $1 per gig which is amazing. Isn't as fast as the one I put on the wish list http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820148442

Last edited by SuperBowlNachos; 05-01-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:19 PM   #23
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by elTodd

First of all, check out Newegg or Amazon for your computer parts purchases. Good prices and relatively quick turnaround.

Personally if I was going to be doing a mid range build like yourself. I would do the following:

Intel i5-2500k processor
560 ti graphics card
8 gb ram.

Here is a sample build:

http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/Sh...mit=ChangeItem

You can search around for better sales on like items, but you get the general idea. This will run everything at max. You can probably spend another $100 and go up to a 570 or something on the graphics card and really be kicking butt.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by choadler
First of all, check out Newegg or Amazon for your computer parts purchases. Good prices and relatively quick turnaround.

Personally if I was going to be doing a mid range build like yourself. I would do the following:

Intel i5-2500k processor
560 ti graphics card
8 gb ram.

Here is a sample build:

http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/Sh...mit=ChangeItem

You can search around for better sales on like items, but you get the general idea. This will run everything at max. You can probably spend another $100 and go up to a 570 or something on the graphics card and really be kicking butt.
That's what my build is. Haven't had any problem running any of my games on the highest settings yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »