Home

LCD or OLED? - The TV Thread

This is a discussion on LCD or OLED? - The TV Thread within the Entertainment & Technology forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-15-2010, 08:50 AM   #73
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Plasma or LCD?

I like the Vizio TVs too. I have a 37" LCD. When the bulb on my Toshiba DLP goes again, I will probably replace that with another Vizio.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:51 AM   #74
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
With any tv, it depends on the series. Not all Sonys, Samsungs, LG's, etc are the same. Some series are better then others. Like the Bravia 2 series for Sony is tight, the non Bravia Sony tvs aren't however. Same thing with Samsung, the 360 series were tight.

For DLPS, from relatives I have heard Mistisubisha is the brand to get.....And gamecock you know I am still eyeing that 73 inch Mistisubisha for $1500 LOL. My living room is big enough, it is 25 feet long and 12 feet wide.

Over all I like Samsung, LG and Sony. Sony is the pricest brand out there though. More important thing to look at is to make sure the tv has the features you are looking for. Like the number of HDMI slots, componets slots, USB slots, PC slots, where they got those slots. Some brands have them all on the back, some have them all on the side and some have them in both places.

I know one of my friends bought a 55 inch LCD, he wanted to mount it on the wall, but all the slots for connecting stuff was in back of the tv right in the center of the back at that. Which meant he had to buy a wall mount that stuck out from the wall, instead of one of those low profile wall mounts. Because there was no way he could plug anything in with a low profile mount, it was too close to the wall.
I love DLP's and they come really close imo to producing that excellent CRT-like image quality. After 4+ years I have not had to replace the bulb on this one and the picture still looks really good. I have noticed it degrade a little bit, but not too bad. If we had the extra space upstairs, I would not be getting rid of this yet.

BTW, which LCD did your friend get that had the issue with the panel/wall mount?

For a 55", how many feet should you be sitting away and how high should the TV be mounted to the wall for that size? I was reading that it should be eye level on the mount, but was not too sure.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:18 AM   #75
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

I love LG, I have a 50" Plasma for my TV needs like sports looks fantastic, my gaming is done on my 32" LG LCD TV that I use also use as my PC monitor for my mac. That's my little gaming station, love it too.

My Plasma

My gaming Station
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2010, 01:14 PM   #76
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie
I love DLP's and they come really close imo to producing that excellent CRT-like image quality. After 4+ years I have not had to replace the bulb on this one and the picture still looks really good. I have noticed it degrade a little bit, but not too bad. If we had the extra space upstairs, I would not be getting rid of this yet.

BTW, which LCD did your friend get that had the issue with the panel/wall mount?

For a 55", how many feet should you be sitting away and how high should the TV be mounted to the wall for that size? I was reading that it should be eye level on the mount, but was not too sure.
I think it was a Vizio or Phillips. Far as the mount on the wall, all depends on the height of your furniture, because some furniture sits low to the ground and some sit high off the ground. But pretty much when standing, you want it to come up to your chest or neck on the wall, because that is about the eye level for you when you are sitting down.

For any tv, you should be sitting at least 10 feet away, that is if you have the space in your living room to do so.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #77
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Ha...I'm more confused now...AFTER reading through this thread then when I was about to just go out and buy a 50 or 55 inch plasma!
Thanks!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 11-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #78
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Don't over think it.....all the matters is the following:

1. Size of the area you going to put the tv
2. If you going to mount it on the wall or put it on a tv stand
3. Does your current tv stand support the weight of the tv you want to buy
4. The number of input jacks, some tv's come with a lot, some don't
5. How much you willing to spend.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:53 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Ha...I'm more confused now...AFTER reading through this thread then when I was about to just go out and buy a 50 or 55 inch plasma!
Thanks!

M.K.
Knight165
If you want a plasma Knight in the 50" inch range you have 2 choices:

50"
58"

Plasma's don't come in 55".
Old 11-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #80
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Thanks guys....appreciate the reply.

Yes bfj...I was looking at 50" originally and then started looking at 58". I was looking at some LCD's and they must have been 55".

Prices are much better than I thought they would be.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »