Home

Old 03-02-2024, 09:25 AM   #9
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Survivor 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
it's rare someone annoys me right of the bat like that, good riddance Jelinksy, I thought Survivor would find a way to keep him. Nope, he was that bad,

other thought I had: why in the world did beavis and butthead get picked to solve the puzzle on the other tribe? they're skating on that

Punk rock is gonna be too overzealous and get himself voted out (or get dragged to the final with no votes lol). Harvard boy got walked on.

No one is completing sweat or savvy opening challenges these days. That water barrel hole in the pail one was dirty though. I thought the coconuts 2 seasons ago was a beast…

Maria (lady who drew the torch in the journey) seems like she’s gonna be a player. Might be too much of one. Hard to trust a “parent coach” though lol. Guy with the beard who wants to play a strong parent game (lol) reminds me of one of my buddies. This cast is pretty likeable so far, even Jelinski was entertaining he just kind of Jake’d himself. Honestly Bhanu seems great but kind of over the top positive hah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

Last edited by slickdtc; 03-02-2024 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-04-2024, 10:20 AM   #10
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Survivor 46

Quite possibly the worst player in Survivor history. Has a tall young guy ever gone out first? I don't understand how they talk to these people for months and someone as soft as this guy gets on.

Throwing the hour glass was weird, but it always seems like something they would tell contestants to do if they were officially giving up. I assume production went out there and scooped up the whole area.

Last edited by SuperBowlNachos; 03-04-2024 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-04-2024, 02:18 PM   #11

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBowlNachos
Quite possibly the worst player in Survivor history. Has a tall young guy ever gone out first? I don't understand how they talk to these people for months and someone as soft as this guy gets on.

Throwing the hour glass was weird, but it always seems like something they would tell contestants to do if they were officially giving up. I assume production went out there and scooped up the whole area.
The casting is weird. They did get a new person for the new era but feels like there's been more duds than other seasons (although I have liked some of the seasons in the 40s more than a number of the ones in the 30s).

Definitely feel like a Day 0 test would be best. Have your 16 players on day 0 isolated from each other on the island, but the alternates in there too. If someone can't take it on day 0, they're out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2024, 04:11 PM   #12
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
The casting is weird. They did get a new person for the new era but feels like there's been more duds than other seasons (although I have liked some of the seasons in the 40s more than a number of the ones in the 30s).

Definitely feel like a Day 0 test would be best. Have your 16 players on day 0 isolated from each other on the island, but the alternates in there too. If someone can't take it on day 0, they're out.
Jeff still seems very much involved by how he talks on the official podcast. They only care about the person's "story" now.
Old 03-06-2024, 09:01 PM   #13

Majingir's Arena

Nami: Jeff, do you like our new idol (Nami headband on the idol).

Jeff: No

So Liz is just gonna be open and honest to everyone about the fact that she's not there to win a million dollars because she doesn't need it because she owns businesses? Good strategy in a game where making connections and relating to people and then getting them to vote for you to win a million dollars is the whole point of the game. Even Russell at least tried to hide that he didn't need the money and just wanted the title of sole Survivor (even if he had to pay all his losings to get it, which also got rejected).

Bhanu out of nowhere became a messy player. It's one thing to be emotional/intense, but he's that and then all over the place on top of all that.

Last edited by Majingir; 03-06-2024 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-07-2024, 07:08 AM   #14
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

I may have thought Moriah and Liz were the same person for a while there…

This purple tribe is a damn mess. I want to like Jess but she is so ditzy. Kenzie was talking about effort in the challenge but I saw her standing around a few times. That puzzle was just a beast for everyone so it wasn’t the effort it was more about getting people in position — Bhanu was right that lack of planning hurt them. In the end, the tribe made the right call. They should be pretty strong physically at the 4 they have, but we’ll see if that will matter. I can see them right back at tribal. There is cohesion within the group, they haven’t achieved anything together so it’s just blame all around.

Hunter has Erik energy.

The back and forth between the tribes before the challenge was entertaining! Glad to see some people show some raw emotion there. Challenges can be daunting, they should be hyped and that might include some verbal sparring.

Quote:
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 03-07-2024, 09:20 AM   #15

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdtc
I may have thought Moriah and Liz were the same person for a while there…

This purple tribe is a damn mess. I want to like Jess but she is so ditzy. Kenzie was talking about effort in the challenge but I saw her standing around a few times. That puzzle was just a beast for everyone so it wasn’t the effort it was more about getting people in position — Bhanu was right that lack of planning hurt them. In the end, the tribe made the right call. They should be pretty strong physically at the 4 they have, but we’ll see if that will matter. I can see them right back at tribal. There is cohesion within the group, they haven’t achieved anything together so it’s just blame all around.

Hunter has Erik energy.

The back and forth between the tribes before the challenge was entertaining! Glad to see some people show some raw emotion there. Challenges can be daunting, they should be hyped and that might include some verbal sparring.
More reason tribes should stay together longer instead of a tribe swap in 2 weeks.

You're trying to keep your tribe strong...or are you? When you know there will be a swap soon, why bother keeping the tribe strong?

That's why I thought Jess would stay when they said they're looking for who they could trust further into the game (once swaps happen) as someone like Kenzie for sure would start plotting elsewhere once swaps happen, while Jess would just stay loyal to whoever she's with, even if her game doesn't elevate someone else, she's a number at least.

And speaking of Liz, apparently she's one of those "take my seminar and courses and I'll teach you how to get rich" people who get rich by having people take their seminar and courses. So she's not like some corporate office tower ceo type of person.

Last edited by Majingir; 03-07-2024 at 09:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2024, 09:42 AM   #16
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

Yeah Q had the right idea. I didn’t see who he voted for? There was so much going on I wasn’t sure what the actual plan even was, but thought he was going to vote Kenzie with Jess & either Bhanu or Tiff. May have missed when he tried to convince Tiff to do that, she was pretty done with Jess so maybe he went with it to keep her on his side. That’s why he let her in on it anyway. Smart gameplay. I thought he was a bit obvious with Jess & the fake idol but they had to be because she was so oblivious.

This season feels different so far. The players seem loose but competitive — joking back with Jeff, the headband on the challenge idol, the banter. Think we may be seeing a shift.

Soured on Venus hard after their challenge win. She’s not wrong that communication is key but it sounded so entitled. Heat of the battle, **** gets lost in the intensity. She’s gonna be gone sooner than later, the perception is set now and it’s hard to shake that.

Soda absolutely cracks me up. A lot of Maryanne in her but way more physically able and not afraid to fire back. We’ve got some people who have a quick tongue so we are in for some fireworks this season as the lack of food water and sleep takes it toll and inhibitions slip.

Randen seems like an idiot. Lol

Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Entertainment & Technology »