Home

Why can people play like terminators

This is a discussion on Why can people play like terminators within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 01:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why can people play like terminators

Something has to be done about the constant phone booth fighting in this game it is a real problem for me. It’s like the only options are to go backwards and get screwed by a cage takedown or fight in elbow range unless you are Stephen Thompson or Jon Jones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2019, 01:20 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Why can people play like terminators

You could try to either cut them off before they come in with leg kicks or straights (stopping power) or try to get a better grasp on the weave and slip mechanics. A lot of people are spamming knees and elbows which i think could be tuned but it is possible to avoid damage from pressure players. Better still if you can effectively punish with clinches they will back off.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:42 PM   #3
Rookie

the reason everyone plays like this is because there isn’t enough defensive options to deter the from doing so.

almost all my fights is me just making them miss and sapping their stamina for like the first half of the fight and it just gets boring. the game doesn’t give you any real tools to punish, hence the ‘meta’ being sticking to your opponent like glue firing off nonstop combos

if you’re trying to the patient fighter using skill, timing, movement and defense, you’re seriously fighting an uphill battle. you dodge 99 of their uppercut hook combos? well if the 100th lands and you get flash rocked/dropped all your good work goes down the drain
Old 01-09-2019, 01:42 PM   #4
Rookie

Get a character with oblique/side kicks to the knee. Been using these against players Jon Jones style and never realized how good they are for keeping pressure fighters off you. Time a couple well and they'll be alot more cautious getting in to range to strike and will give you space, at least from my experience using and experimenting with them the past week or so.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:44 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by micmuted
the reason everyone plays like this is because there isn’t enough defensive options to deter the from doing so.

almost all my fights is me just making them miss and sapping their stamina for like the first half of the fight and it just gets boring. the game doesn’t give you any real tools to punish, hence the ‘meta’ being sticking to your opponent like glue firing off nonstop combos

if you’re trying to the patient fighter using skill, timing, movement and defense, you’re seriously fighting an uphill battle. you dodge 99 of their uppercut hook combos? well if the 100th lands and you get flash rocked/dropped all your good work goes down the drain
Fighters simply aren't punished enough for walking forward into strikes, until that changes nothing changes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2019, 01:45 PM   #6
Rookie

exactly there is just 0 reason to NOT march forward
Old 01-09-2019, 01:53 PM   #7
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by micmuted
exactly there is just 0 reason to NOT march forward
Its funny because a lot of top players say its suicide to just march forward.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:05 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its funny because a lot of top players say its suicide to just march forward.
i would like to hear their reasons why because i have never seen a top player fight moving backwards
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »