Home

Grappling Stats. How Much Of A Role Are They Playing?

This is a discussion on Grappling Stats. How Much Of A Role Are They Playing? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-27-2018, 02:28 PM   #17
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Grappling Stats. How Much Of A Role Are They Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
I'm not the most experienced gamer in the world so I don't know how often games are released like this. But yes, basically no hope. There are SO many things wrong with balancing. So many exploits. You're an offline player and when you play online you're playing average players so you wouldn't understand anyway. But trust me bro... It's bad. I can't picture this being a good game with the amount of things that are broken or unbalanced. That is my opinion. I hope and would love to be proved wrong. I've just had enough of it at this point too.
All the time.

All the time.

In fact, I havent played a recent MMA game that didnt have significant online meta issues at the start.

I'm an offline player but everyday I have to listen to 5 online players (the game changers) and 2 of them who are arguably some of the best in the community discuss issues that are affecting offline. In fact, they are faster to discover issues than you are. They discovered the grappling stats issue weeks ago.

So it has nothing to do with whether I play offline or online or who I play.

In fact there are some gamechangers that are taking a break until the patch comes out for some of the same reasons you are. The difference is....they arent saying there is no hope. They are less dramatic.

They have seen the work that this dev team has done in the past. They have seen the posts from GPD and others about potential fixes. ****, they saw the same post that you probably did about there being 50 plus fixes.

So saying there is "no hope" when the dev team hasnt even had a chance to fix any of the major issues yet is overly dramatic. With that said, you are free to feel how you want to.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:36 PM   #18
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

OVR: 0

@Nugget

Yeah, that's why I said I'm done playing it.

I've heard about balancing complaints from gamers before but never experienced anything even close to this.

Like I guess on COD there were a couple OP guns and stuff but this game is very broken in the right players hands. Several things about it. It's fine to be hopeful but I'm not going to suck up because all of the developers are here and because it's encouraged by the environment. I'm not going to be an ignorant ******* either. I'm going to speak my reality. My reality is that the game is a broken mess and it's going to need a lot done to play better. I'm sorry if people are offended by that or find it irritating... But that is my opinion.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:42 PM   #19
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
All the time.

All the time.

In fact, I havent played a recent MMA game that didnt have significant online meta issues at the start.

I'm an offline player but everyday I have to listen to 5 online players (the game changers) and 2 of them who are arguably some of the best in the community discuss issues that are affecting offline. In fact, they are faster to discover issues than you are. They discovered the grappling stats issue weeks ago.

So it has nothing to do with whether I play offline or online or who I play.

In fact there are some gamechangers that are taking a break until the patch comes out for some of the same reasons you are. The difference is....they arent saying there is no hope. They are less dramatic.

They have seen the work that this dev team has done in the past. They have seen the posts from GPD and others about potential fixes. ****, they saw the same post that you probably did about there being 50 plus fixes.

So saying there is "no hope" when the dev team hasnt even had a chance to fix any of the major issues yet is overly dramatic. With that said, you are free to feel how you want to.
I was annoyed. Is it okay to have one of those emotion thingy's? lol. Stop being Mr. Logic on me. There's always hope. In everything. I understand that. I personally do not have much faith that this game won't ever play like garbage against players who have a good understanding of the mechanics though. That is obviously effected by my current negative feelings towards the game but yeah.

As far as the grappling stats... I've been aware they weren't right for ages too. I just didn't make a thread about it. I've made a thread about damn near every problem on the game so I'm kinda fatigued lol. Anyway, I wish the developers all the best in making the game better. For their sake and for ours.

Last edited by Serengeti1; 02-27-2018 at 02:44 PM.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:45 PM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
I was annoyed. Is it okay to have one of those emotion thingy's? lol. Stop being Mr. Logic on me. There's always hope. In everything. I understand that. I personally do not have much faith that this game won't ever play like garbage against players who have a good understanding of the mechanics though. That is obviously effected by my current negative feelings towards the game but yeah.
Sure but dont get mad when people call you on that.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:56 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget7211
Balance issues exist in every game. Like, every FPS comes out with a few overpowered guns, fighting games launch with infinite looping combos, strategy games come out with undercosted or overpowered units. This is honestly normal for a game with a bunch of entirely new systems where the devs don't have that much information on how players will use them or if said uses will interact weirdly with other systems. It doesn't shock me UFC 3 has balance issues, and I have no reason to believe that the devs won't make changes to create a more balanced game.

I'm going to use Starcraft 2 as an example here because I think it's the most balanced game I play regularly. That game came out in July 2010, and the most recent balance patch was the 12th of January 2018. Balance takes a long time to get to and is basically a never ending process of tweaks and changes, and I have no reason not to think the devs will do a lot of work to sort out the clear issues with this game.

Having said all that, if you aren't having fun, don't play it. At the end of the day this **** is supposed to be fun and if you aren't enjoying it you shouldn't play it. All I would say is that there is no reason not to have a little bit of hope. Like to use another EA game as an example, Battlefield 4 was a broken mess at launch with loads of bugs and some pretty severe balance issues that have since been ironed out to end up with one of the best FPS games I've ever played. It might take a few patches, but I do think this game will end up pretty fun, although ranked will probably be the least fun part of the game, as it is in every sort of fighting or sports game.
To add to that, I have another example. Street fighter 4 came out I think in 2008. Most people didn't consider it very well balanced until Arcade Edition 2012 was out, and then they did another huge revision for ultra Street fighter 4 in I think 2013.

By the time ultra Street fighter 4 was out, most of the core audience was happy and there was high diversity in which characters were performing well in tournament settings.

For fighting games especially, tuning things is incredibly complex. For a unique fighting game that's actually trying to simulate real life scenarios, it's 100x even more difficult.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2018, 03:03 PM   #22
Banned

The online numbers for this game are anemic. I play the same 10 dudes every night. More people are on 2, which has been out over 2 years. Somethings not right here.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:06 PM   #23
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Sure but dont get mad when people call you on that.
I'm not mad. You're the one who was poking fun at me. That got me slightly irritated, admittedly. Particularly because of your position. Personally, I filter out emotion when I know someone well and they say something that is clouded by emotion.

I don't really have an issue with you correcting me in saying there's no hope. I more so have an issue with your overall attitude. I don't believe you're a shill at all. But I don't believe there isn't anything to it either. In other words... Your bias definitely shows imo.

You don't have to list the things you don't like about the game to disprove that. I know you're not a shill. However, you're at least overly defensive of the game at times. More so than it currently deserves. Nothing personal. You're a good person and all. My take though.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:15 PM   #24
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
I'm not mad. You're the one who was poking fun at me. That got me slightly irritated, admittedly. Particularly because of your position. Personally, I filter out emotion when I know someone well and they say something that is clouded by emotion.

I don't really have an issue with you correcting me in saying there's no hope. I more so have an issue with your overall attitude. I don't believe you're a shill at all. But I don't believe there isn't anything to it either. In other words... Your bias definitely shows imo.

You don't have to list the things you don't like about the game to disprove that. I know you're not a shill. However, you're at least overly defensive of the game at times. More so than it currently deserves. Nothing personal. You're a good person and all. My take though.
Thats fine. Thats a legitimate take given that I work closely with the team.

My take on you is that you are overly dramatic about things you dont like in the game. Not just in this thread. In alot of others too. When every thread is a complaint, there could be some legitimacy to your some of your complaints but there is also puts across the image that you are overly negative. Thats just my take.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »